Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted May 26, 2011
7:58:31 PM
View profile
DVR Screen Message Re: recorded shows

So far so good. I love UVerse and it's flexibility and the customer service in helping me find out last weekend that my receiver & dvr were the victim of the red X of death. 

I received the new receiver yesterday installed it (yipee only a few days with out tv) and all is great except one thing. I cant seem to figure out how to get the unit to record. I know I set up movies to be recorded last night and nothing is there.

I have the following message on the TV screen: "The Recorded TV list is unavailable. Make sure this TV receiver and DVR receiver are connected to the network."

I had connected all the wires that were previously done on the old one. There was never a yellow or any other colored ethernet cord which is next to the hdmi hookup and don't remember a coaxial cable being hooked up either. 

Would like to know what I need to do to get this resolved. I do have shows and movies scheduled for the weekend. Even tried to do record the show that was being viewed with no success. 

Thank you for the help.

jvmitch

So far so good. I love UVerse and it's flexibility and the customer service in helping me find out last weekend that my receiver & dvr were the victim of the red X of death. 

I received the new receiver yesterday installed it (yipee only a few days with out tv) and all is great except one thing. I cant seem to figure out how to get the unit to record. I know I set up movies to be recorded last night and nothing is there.

I have the following message on the TV screen: "The Recorded TV list is unavailable. Make sure this TV receiver and DVR receiver are connected to the network."

I had connected all the wires that were previously done on the old one. There was never a yellow or any other colored ethernet cord which is next to the hdmi hookup and don't remember a coaxial cable being hooked up either. 

Would like to know what I need to do to get this resolved. I do have shows and movies scheduled for the weekend. Even tried to do record the show that was being viewed with no success. 

Thank you for the help.

jvmitch

DVR Screen Message Re: recorded shows

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 26, 2011 8:08:46 PM
(0)
Expert

Have you rebooted the Residential Gateway (RG), DVR and all of your STB's?

Have you rebooted the Residential Gateway (RG), DVR and all of your STB's?

Re: DVR Screen Message Re: recorded shows

2 of 5 (2,524 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 26, 2011 11:31:16 PM
(0)
Contributor

Sounds to me like they may have replaced your DVR STB with an STB without DVR.  Check the model # on the sticker in back or underneath and make sure it is an actual DVR and not just a receiver.

Sounds to me like they may have replaced your DVR STB with an STB without DVR.  Check the model # on the sticker in back or underneath and make sure it is an actual DVR and not just a receiver.

3 of 5 (2,506 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 27, 2011 6:13:21 AM
(0)
Contributor

What are STB's? No I didn't power down the gateway.

What are STB's? No I didn't power down the gateway.

4 of 5 (2,492 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 27, 2011 9:57:30 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Can you describe how many STBs you have & how they  are connected?

An STB (set top box) is the u-verse box for decoding what needs to appear on the screen of the associated TV. This may be what you refered to as a receiver.

A DVR is an STB that has a hard drive and recording capability. You can schedule recording and watch recording form any STB (even though it is accomplished in the DVR) because of the network formed by the DVR,  STBs and RG. Thhis is why it is important that they are well connected and recognize each other ( hence the reboot suggestion)

Sounds like you do not have a good in-house network. You could try starting with just the DVR/RG. If this does not work you either have a bad DVR or it is not provisioned correctly. Call CS and have it reprovisioned.

If it works you can try adding the other STBs.

Can you describe how many STBs you have & how they  are connected?

An STB (set top box) is the u-verse box for decoding what needs to appear on the screen of the associated TV. This may be what you refered to as a receiver.

A DVR is an STB that has a hard drive and recording capability. You can schedule recording and watch recording form any STB (even though it is accomplished in the DVR) because of the network formed by the DVR,  STBs and RG. Thhis is why it is important that they are well connected and recognize each other ( hence the reboot suggestion)

Sounds like you do not have a good in-house network. You could try starting with just the DVR/RG. If this does not work you either have a bad DVR or it is not provisioned correctly. Call CS and have it reprovisioned.

If it works you can try adding the other STBs.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 5 (2,475 Views)