Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Feb 17, 2010
7:09:02 AM
View profile
DVR STB acting rather odd

Our DVR has been acting rather oddly and I am considering throwing it in the river (once it thaws, along with Firefox - detailed over in the Lounge).

The wife called yesterday and said that the DVR isn't showing all of the scheduled shows to record.  It was missing American Idol and a few others for Tuesday night (2/16).  I was away from home but the web remote was showing the missing recordings.  After I got home, I rebooted the DVR and then the missing scheduled recordings materialized.  That problem solved.   

A few minutes later, we decided to watch Curling on CNBC.  The wife wanted to record it, so I hit the red button.  The program went from 5:30 to 8 PM.  The time that we started the recording was "midshow" at 6:38 PM.  It should have ran through 8 PM.  At 7:40 PM, my wife noted that the red light wasn't on.  I went into the list of recorded shows and noted that it started recording at 6:38 but the recording only ran for 54 minutes.  Why did it stop?!

I am confused by these oddities.

Our DVR has been acting rather oddly and I am considering throwing it in the river (once it thaws, along with Firefox - detailed over in the Lounge).

The wife called yesterday and said that the DVR isn't showing all of the scheduled shows to record.  It was missing American Idol and a few others for Tuesday night (2/16).  I was away from home but the web remote was showing the missing recordings.  After I got home, I rebooted the DVR and then the missing scheduled recordings materialized.  That problem solved.   

A few minutes later, we decided to watch Curling on CNBC.  The wife wanted to record it, so I hit the red button.  The program went from 5:30 to 8 PM.  The time that we started the recording was "midshow" at 6:38 PM.  It should have ran through 8 PM.  At 7:40 PM, my wife noted that the red light wasn't on.  I went into the list of recorded shows and noted that it started recording at 6:38 but the recording only ran for 54 minutes.  Why did it stop?!

I am confused by these oddities.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

DVR STB acting rather odd

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 17, 2010 8:40:52 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Dave, was that reboot an unplug/plug in hard reboot?  If not I'd try one to get rid of that

buggy service, if it continues time to call TS for replacement.  Good luck :smileywink:

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-800-983-2811 to avoid Mr. Voice Recognition
YRMV IMHO Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Dave, was that reboot an unplug/plug in hard reboot?  If not I'd try one to get rid of that

buggy service, if it continues time to call TS for replacement.  Good luck :smileywink:

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-800-983-2811 to avoid Mr. Voice Recognition
YRMV IMHO Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: DVR STB acting rather odd

2 of 5 (181 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 17, 2010 11:36:00 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

No - just hold in the power button but I may call anyway, given the buggy images during auto races.  I found that the buggy images (fences, lane markings and such) only happen when recording HD channels.

No - just hold in the power button but I may call anyway, given the buggy images during auto races.  I found that the buggy images (fences, lane markings and such) only happen when recording HD channels.

3 of 5 (181 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 17, 2010 12:08:28 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Was having general wierdness also.  While playing back recorded HD shows (SD fine) the picture would freeze,  audio would skip and then be off sync, etc.  Rebooted STB that was having the problem.....No good:smileymad:.  Rebooted DVR same thing:smileymad:.  Rebooted RG, DVR, and STB and so far the problem has not come back.:smileysurprised: 

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

Was having general wierdness also.  While playing back recorded HD shows (SD fine) the picture would freeze,  audio would skip and then be off sync, etc.  Rebooted STB that was having the problem.....No good:smileymad:.  Rebooted DVR same thing:smileymad:.  Rebooted RG, DVR, and STB and so far the problem has not come back.:smileysurprised: 

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

4 of 5 (181 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 19, 2010 11:50:59 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Thanks BeeBee.  The image issues from auto racing occur after I have even rebooted the RG but maybe that will help with my other DVR weirdness.

Thanks BeeBee.  The image issues from auto racing occur after I have even rebooted the RG but maybe that will help with my other DVR weirdness.

5 of 5 (181 Views)