Helpful Links

DVR Freezing, Remote Set Top Box Freezing, Remote STB is slow

Contributor

DVR Freezing, Remote Set Top Box Freezing, Remote STB is slow

2548i1847F173EE4499FF2546i3BF940C91134F9AB

My DVR is freezing, my remote set top box is unuseable.

I ran SomeJoe's program.

I have a Fiber connection to the house, the bitloading page says FTTP connections aren't supported.

Coax is connecting the internal DVR/Gateway/Remote Set Top box.

Attached are screenshots.

Message 1 of 4
Highlighted
Explorer

Re: DVR Freezing, Remote Set Top Box Freezing, Remote STB is slow

Your not alone.  I have a freezing problem as well and so does another subscriber down the road.  We checked channels when they were froze and had the same channels locked up.  Seems to happen more with HD channels.  We both have FTTP connections.  It seems to have cropped up after this last upgrade.  AT&T has been to both our houses a couple of times and can't figure out the problem.  My guess something in the last upgrade that effects FTTP connected homes.  We are keeping a log of channels and time that they freeze to provide to our tech for a follow-up once we get a good history.

Message 2 of 4
Expert

It could be that updates/upgrades and or maintenance is being conducted in your region.

Message 3 of 4
Expert

You have some coax problems inside your house.  (The red numbers under the "PHY Rate" column).

You need to call tech support, have them send a tech for repair, he needs to change out coax end fittings, barrel connectors, wall plates, ensure all splitters are HPNA 1.5GHz compliant, and if there's a diplexer in the system check that as well.

Once he's through, the PHY Rate numbers should all read 112 Mbps, that's how you'll know it's fixed.

Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Announcements

Let us help you Give the Gift of AT&T Entertainment this holiday season!

Additional Support