Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Highlighted
Posted Jun 16, 2009
7:07:08 AM
View profile
DNS cannot find Google
This morning DNS could not find Google from my AT&T Uverse account.   I could reach it via my iPhone and from my network connection at work.    This is not acceptable!
This morning DNS could not find Google from my AT&T Uverse account.   I could reach it via my iPhone and from my network connection at work.    This is not acceptable!

DNS cannot find Google

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 16, 2009 4:27:07 PM
(0)
Scholar

Some people have had luck hard-coding their DNS information in each of their clients.  This way you can use OpenDNS (or AT&T's DNS servers) and bypass the translation on the RG.

OpenDNS.com has information on how to configure your clients with their address.

Some people have had luck hard-coding their DNS information in each of their clients.  This way you can use OpenDNS (or AT&T's DNS servers) and bypass the translation on the RG.

OpenDNS.com has information on how to configure your clients with their address.

Re: DNS cannot find Google

2 of 4 (530 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 16, 2009 4:51:01 PM
(0)
Master
Open DNS was up and down for me had better luck using AT&T servers but at times it to can be slow.
Open DNS was up and down for me had better luck using AT&T servers but at times it to can be slow.

3 of 4 (530 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2009 11:00:02 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

According to dnsguy at dslreports.com, it is the 2wire RG w/dns problems. A good work around is to hard code the ATT DNS servers in your connections wired/wireless in the lower right corner of your Windows taskbar. Double click the wired (do the wireless one next if installed and active) connection, click 'properties', double click 'internet protocol (TCP/IP)', leave 'obtain IP address' alone. chose 'use the following dns servers' , plug in 68.94.156.1 and then 68.94.157.1, then click 'ok', then 'ok' again and 'close'. For good measure bring up a command prompt and run 'ipconfig /flushdns' then press 'enter', you should be good to go w/o any page load or graphic load problems or 'looking up...' waiting times. Had the usual slow downs and I'm back to my old standbys 4.2.2.2/4.2.2.4 for DNS. :smileywink:

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-800-983-2811 to avoid Mr. Voice Recognition
YRMV IMHO

According to dnsguy at dslreports.com, it is the 2wire RG w/dns problems. A good work around is to hard code the ATT DNS servers in your connections wired/wireless in the lower right corner of your Windows taskbar. Double click the wired (do the wireless one next if installed and active) connection, click 'properties', double click 'internet protocol (TCP/IP)', leave 'obtain IP address' alone. chose 'use the following dns servers' , plug in 68.94.156.1 and then 68.94.157.1, then click 'ok', then 'ok' again and 'close'. For good measure bring up a command prompt and run 'ipconfig /flushdns' then press 'enter', you should be good to go w/o any page load or graphic load problems or 'looking up...' waiting times. Had the usual slow downs and I'm back to my old standbys 4.2.2.2/4.2.2.4 for DNS. :smileywink:

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-800-983-2811 to avoid Mr. Voice Recognition
YRMV IMHO

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 4 (530 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments