Helpful Links

DNS Server Addresses

Mentor

DNS Server Addresses

While cleaning out some ATT support paper work, I found a note that said that my tcp/ip.ip4-> properties should be set to 1)"obtain an IP address automatically  2)Use the following DNS server addresses should be dotted: Preferred 68.94.156.1 alternate 68.94.157.1  I checked my settings and I have no DNS server addresses entered, but I always have Internet connection.  I wonder if this is an old note from before I went with U-verse? 

Message 1 of 3
Employee

Re: DNS Server Addresses

evenstephen wrote:

While cleaning out some ATT support paper work, I found a note that said that my tcp/ip.ip4-> properties should be set to 1)"obtain an IP address automatically  2)Use the following DNS server addresses should be dotted: Preferred 68.94.156.1 alternate 68.94.157.1  I checked my settings and I have no DNS server addresses entered, but I always have Internet connection.  I wonder if this is an old note from before I went with U-verse? 

Those are the default that you'd be assigned with either straight AT&T DSL or U-verse service; there is no need to manually enter them on any host that "automatically" gets an address (DHCP).

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 3
Mentor

Re: DNS Server Addresses

....thank you so much.  I'll pitch this old "help note"!

Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support