Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Dec 20, 2010
2:59:54 PM
View profile
DMZPlus problems

I am trying to setup a router behind the rg 3800. I have a small biz out of my home and have a windows small business server domain. The router I am using is a Hawking 300N high gain mostly for the wireless coverage. The Hawking has all of the computers in my house. The phones and TVs are still on the RG. I have differnet subnets for the RG and Hawking (192.168.1.x for the RG and 192.168.169.x for the Hawking. I reset the hawking .. the RG recognizes it. I set DMZPlus mode and the get a successful message and then reboot the Hawking. The Hawking then shows the internet connection as the external address. Everything should be fine right? No .. because within two to three minutes the RG has reset the firewall on the hawking to "maximum protection" and the hawking is showing an external address on the 192.168.1.x network. Why wont the configuration hold? Is there possibly a problem with my router?

Any insights greatly appreciated.

Q

I am trying to setup a router behind the rg 3800. I have a small biz out of my home and have a windows small business server domain. The router I am using is a Hawking 300N high gain mostly for the wireless coverage. The Hawking has all of the computers in my house. The phones and TVs are still on the RG. I have differnet subnets for the RG and Hawking (192.168.1.x for the RG and 192.168.169.x for the Hawking. I reset the hawking .. the RG recognizes it. I set DMZPlus mode and the get a successful message and then reboot the Hawking. The Hawking then shows the internet connection as the external address. Everything should be fine right? No .. because within two to three minutes the RG has reset the firewall on the hawking to "maximum protection" and the hawking is showing an external address on the 192.168.1.x network. Why wont the configuration hold? Is there possibly a problem with my router?

Any insights greatly appreciated.

Q

DMZPlus problems

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 20, 2010 3:09:09 PM
(0)
Tutor

I am having the EXACT same problem here with a VPN router and a Security DVR.

See my post further down.

I am having the EXACT same problem here with a VPN router and a Security DVR.

See my post further down.

Re: DMZPlus problems

2 of 5 (995 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 20, 2010 3:26:42 PM
(0)
Tutor

Thanks for the reply. Did you try the reset to factory defaults that was suggested? Did you see any change?

Q

Thanks for the reply. Did you try the reset to factory defaults that was suggested? Did you see any change?

Q

3 of 5 (976 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 21, 2010 8:59:16 AM
(0)
Tutor

Thought I would update this problem. It looks like I have got it working. The issue seemed to be that my router WAN IP address was constantly being updated by DHCP on the RG. I had seen this problem on a PC I was working on when the auto negotiate between the gigabit NIC and switch that only did 100M kept losing sync. The fix there was to to lock the speed of the NIC at 100. So I went to the RG and found the port that was connected to the router and took it off auto and set it to 100tx and no more getting kicked out of DMZ+ mode.

Hope this helps someone.

Q

Thought I would update this problem. It looks like I have got it working. The issue seemed to be that my router WAN IP address was constantly being updated by DHCP on the RG. I had seen this problem on a PC I was working on when the auto negotiate between the gigabit NIC and switch that only did 100M kept losing sync. The fix there was to to lock the speed of the NIC at 100. So I went to the RG and found the port that was connected to the router and took it off auto and set it to 100tx and no more getting kicked out of DMZ+ mode.

Hope this helps someone.

Q

4 of 5 (889 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 21, 2010 9:03:12 AM
(0)
Tutor

Thank you for posting this. I have not had a chance yet to do the factory reset. I will let you know what I find.

Thank you for posting this. I have not had a chance yet to do the factory reset. I will let you know what I find.

5 of 5 (885 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments