Helpful Links

DISAPPOINTED CUSTOMER SERVICE

Contributor

DISAPPOINTED CUSTOMER SERVICE

I am VERY upset with my U-Verse customer service experience. I ordered U-Verse with HD on late August. I was very excited to use HD for the first time with my new HD TV's. However, I am very disturbed to find out that the installer who installed my service cheated me! He only used a HDMI cable on my main receiver to my HD TV. However, my other two HD TVs which also have receivers were set-up with the coaxial cable. I just found out today December 3 months later that the coaxial does not transmit HD signals! So, basically I have been paying for HD service but not receiving it. So, I am like it was probably a mistake. I will call AT&T and they will fix it. WRONG! I call AT&T customer service and they tell me to go buy the cables I need. It's not their responsibility to provide the correct cables. What kind of service is this? I am appalled that they would take advantage of their customers.

I can only imagine how many other HD users think they're getting HD service when in fact they are NOT!

If Time Warner carried NFL Network, I would use their service instead.

Message 1 of 9
Expert

Re: DISAPPOINTED CUSTOMER SERVICE

Fortunately, proper cables are very inexpensive if you know where to go.

For HDMI, use this one from monoprice.com, it's priced at $3.04.

If you'd like to use component cables instead, use these priced at $5.14.

Even with shipping, two HDMI cables should cost around $15.

Message 2 of 9
ACE - Master

canaballgirl wrote:

I am VERY upset with my U-Verse customer service experience. I ordered U-Verse with HD on late August. I was very excited to use HD for the first time with my new HD TV's. However, I am very disturbed to find out that the installer who installed my service cheated me! He only used a HDMI cable on my main receiver to my HD TV. However, my other two HD TVs which also have receivers were set-up with the coaxial cable. I just found out today December 3 months later that the coaxial does not transmit HD signals! So, basically I have been paying for HD service but not receiving it. So, I am like it was probably a mistake. I will call AT&T and they will fix it. WRONG! I call AT&T customer service and they tell me to go buy the cables I need. It's not their responsibility to provide the correct cables. What kind of service is this? I am appalled that they would take advantage of their customers.

I can only imagine how many other HD users think they're getting HD service when in fact they are NOT!

If Time Warner carried NFL Network, I would use their service instead.

Are you talking coaxial cables from the gateway to the STB or coaxial cables from the STB's to the rear of the TV?  If it's the latter, of course the question is  why did you let him leave without it being hooked up properly?   If it is the former, heck yes coaxial cables can support HD!  My DVR is hooked up (from the Gateway) to the DVR with coax and then I use component cables to go from the DVR to the TV (I could use HDMI but the set is too old and doesn't have that).

If he did hook them up wrong / not using the right cables, they should fix it with no fee, provided they would have "given you" the proper cables on the install day (I already had mine).

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 9

All three of my boxes (DVR and 2 STBs) are connected via coax.  I had asked about cat5 and the installer said that as long as the inslulator material on the wall connection is blue, it will support HD just fine.  I have no issues with my HD.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 4 of 9

I also have coax from wall to DVR/STB for all my TVs.  The OP may not have been aware, though, that coax from DVR/STB to TV wouldn't work for HD at the time of installation.  I certainly didn't know that before I learned it on the forum.  I happened to have extra HDMI and component cables on hand from when my home theater system was set up (back in the bad old days of TWC), and the installer used them.  But Joe's suggestion to order from Monoprice is a good one--I also learned about them here and have ordered several cables at very reasonable prices.

docbombay 

"Everything should be made as simple as possible--but not simpler."
--Albert Einstein
Message 5 of 9

Definately don't need to go with over priced monster cables.  Monoprice is a great place.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 6 of 9
ACE - Master

oufanindallas wrote:

All three of my boxes (DVR and 2 STBs) are connected via coax.  I had asked about cat5 and the installer said that as long as the inslulator material on the wall connection is blue, it will support HD just fine.  I have no issues with my HD.

The OP might be talking coax from the STB to the TV.  Of course if I'm paying the HD fee and a tech hooked up an HD TV that way, I'd be upset.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 7 of 9
Highlighted
Teacher

With all that has been mentioned so far about the cabling. No one has mentioned yet that the OP is getting charged the $10 flat HD fee for all of the tv's. Not $10 for each tv. Regadless of if you have 1 HD tv or 8, you only pay the $10.

Message 8 of 9
ACE - Master

Of course the OP has never replied..............

Message 9 of 9
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support