Customer Service?

Contributor

Customer Service?

I have gone through weeks of intermittent service.  I have had my gateway changed and finally got a tech who found all the bad installation issues causing noise, etc..  He order a new line dropped.  They did that yesterday and did not check it - even though I told them no signal was coming in they left even though I asked them to check this.  As a result - no tv, internet, nor phone.  A called customer service and after waiting a long time and getting a bunch of apologies they tried calling dispatch to get someone out to look at their most recent quality control error.  Guess what?  Dispatch would not answer the phone even though the customer service rep and I held on and she tried for 40 minutes!

The Sales Rep who sold me on u-verse said it was as realiable as cable.  Funny - I only had 1 incident in 10+ years with cable. 

I asked to speak to a manager and I am still being given the run around - not from chat technical support.

Message 1 of 3
Contributor

Re: Customer Service?

Here is my experience with chat support

How may I help you with your U-verse services today?

I requested in my call yesterday evening for a manger to contact me this morning about my bad service - is this going to happen?

Or will I continue to see the trend extending through management?

I am really sorry for that.

Let me check this now.

I am checking this here on your account.

Mr. Rogers, may I please know the services that was not working good?

I am very sorry to know that.

all info on case history should be there from yesterday

Just to confirm, may I know if you called the phone support yesterday?

yes

what is status on my original question?

Mr. Rogers, actually we are only the chat support.

another run around I take it

Hence we would not be able to retrieve the information that you had yesterday with the phone support.

However, if you wish,
I can check this with my Manager here and he may join the chat session now.

ok - can he get through to a service manager?

Let me check this.

But I am not sure if he can get the service Manager, because we would not be able to call them from here as we are only the chat support department.
as277s(ARUN)
In this case,
as277s(ARUN)
You can try contacting the phone support directly @ 1-800-288-2020 who would be able to help you with it from their end.
You
wonderful - that is who told me yesterday that they would have a manager contact me - obviously AT&T does not want to handle a customer satisfaction issue
You
and obviously there is poor internal communication between service entities
as277s(ARUN)
I really apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.
You
I am tired of hearing apologies - that does not provide action
as277s(ARUN)
I completely understand your concern.
You
I have heard apologies for not checking a newly installed line that did not work and for service dispatch not answering calls from customer service
as277s(ARUN)
My Manager is joining the chat session now.
You
You do not completely understand - if you did you would get me in touch with someone that can address these issues
as277s(ARUN)
Is that okay for you?
You
fine
as277s(ARUN)
Sure.
System
ka448p(Anand) has joined this session!
ka448p(Anand)
Hello Mr. Rogers.
You
hello
ka448p(Anand)
My name is Anand(ka448p),I am the floor Manager. How you doing today?
You
not well
ka448p(Anand)
Sorry to know that.
You
can read read the previous chat trail
ka448p(Anand)
Would it be okay for me to take a few minutes to review your account and any case history that you had with a previous agent?
You
yes
ka448p(Anand)
Thank you.
You
do you have a defined escalation path to management in resolving repeated issues such as mine?
ka448p(Anand)
Yes, we do.
ka448p(Anand)
I will let you know about that.
You
I have consulted with many telecom companies - you should
ka448p(Anand)
Please give me few minutes.
You
ok
ka448p(Anand)
Thank you for waiting patiently.
ka448p(Anand)
Sorry to wait your for so long.
You
ok
ka448p(Anand)
Mr. Rogers, I see that you have contacted us several times recently regarding the all product intermittent and no service issues.
You
like a broken record
ka448p(Anand)
And there is also history of the technician who visited your house to fix the problem in past few days.
You
correct
ka448p(Anand)
One is on Sept 30, and the other two on Oct 11 and 19.
You
right
ka448p(Anand)
The technician had replaced the main router/Gateway; fixed bad connection; installed splitter filter to fix the issues.
You
right
ka448p(Anand)
And just curious to know, are we still facing lot of intermittent issues with all the U-verse services?
You
no - new line was fixed this morning - please address my original question.
ka448p(Anand)
You have been also promised by our phone support that you will receive a call from one of the managers, correct?
You
yes
ka448p(Anand)
I do understand your concern, Mr. Rogers.
You
If you did I would be discussing the repeated customer service quality issues with management
You
Either give me a way to connect with management or don't keep wasting my time
You
I asked a very simple question - yes or no
ka448p(Anand)
But as we are the chat support, so we don't have the direct contact to the phone department.
ka448p(Anand)
I can provide you the mailing address of our management team.
You
and apparently not a contact for any quality issues
You
please e-mail it to me at tirogers00@att.net
You
so much for quick responses
ka448p(Anand)
I will provide you here on this chat.
ka448p(Anand)
The mailing address is
ka448p(Anand)
AT&T Executive Office
[text removed for privacy]
Message 2 of 3
Guru

Re: Customer Service?

If you haven't contacted support, please see the following thread...
http://forums.att.com/t5/The-Lounge/my-contact-thread/td-p/2381353

Or if you have called Technical Support and things aren't fixed yet... please send an email to uversecare@att.com with a subject containing [TROUBLE]. Simply send an email explaining the situation as best as possible with your uVerse account number, a good phone number to be called at, and a good time to be called at as well. If you have any past trouble tickets that you are aware of, include them as well; any extra information is going to make David and Matt's job easier.

Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support