Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Highlighted
Posted Nov 26, 2008
10:42:03 PM
View profile
Connection to my PS3

Recently, I have switched to U-Verse and I have wireless internet working on my laptop perfectly.  What I can't figure out is why it won't come up on my Playstation 3.  I have all of the codes like the SSID and the WEP and the PS3 recognizes that my new wireless network is avaliable.  When it asks me to connect I has me put in a security code.  I believe the wireless has WPA password security but I don't know what code I should use or where it is.

I would appreciate any feedback because I have been trying all night to get this up and it is frustrating.

Thanks

Recently, I have switched to U-Verse and I have wireless internet working on my laptop perfectly.  What I can't figure out is why it won't come up on my Playstation 3.  I have all of the codes like the SSID and the WEP and the PS3 recognizes that my new wireless network is avaliable.  When it asks me to connect I has me put in a security code.  I believe the wireless has WPA password security but I don't know what code I should use or where it is.

I would appreciate any feedback because I have been trying all night to get this up and it is frustrating.

Thanks

Connection to my PS3

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 26, 2008 10:57:25 PM
(0)
Tutor
your Wireless Network Key can be found on your Router Box (2wire Residential Gateway) on the barcode sticker.
your Wireless Network Key can be found on your Router Box (2wire Residential Gateway) on the barcode sticker.

Re: Connection to my PS3

2 of 3 (2,011 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 27, 2008 3:05:59 PM
(0)
Guru
The WEP (wireless encryption key) is also the wireless network key. It's already in your hands JKust. :smileyhappy: Try connecting again and use the WEP key for the security code. It will prompt you to reenter your WEP key. Then click on connect and your good to go.  
The WEP (wireless encryption key) is also the wireless network key. It's already in your hands JKust. :smileyhappy: Try connecting again and use the WEP key for the security code. It will prompt you to reenter your WEP key. Then click on connect and your good to go.  

Re: Connection to my PS3

3 of 3 (2,011 Views)