Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Highlighted
Posted Mar 31, 2010
7:36:22 AM
View profile
Connection problem? Between HP Mini with Windows 7 (starter edition) and 2wire RG

I'm not sure where the problem lies so I'm hoping someone here can help me sort this out.  I've got an iMac hardwired to the RG, a laptop with XP that connects without a problem, and now a new netbook with Windows 7 starter edition that I can't figure out.  Netbook sees the 2wire fine, entered the same encryption code for both the laptop and the netbook.  Even reset to default to double check.  Everything is fine with the XP laptop connection but I can't figure out the netbook.  I'm not sure if I'm setting it up incorrectly with the Windows 7 SE or if it has something to do with the 2wire RG firmware.  I've read many posts about Windows 7 but found nothing that appears to be a solution for my situation. 

Any ideas?

I'm not sure where the problem lies so I'm hoping someone here can help me sort this out.  I've got an iMac hardwired to the RG, a laptop with XP that connects without a problem, and now a new netbook with Windows 7 starter edition that I can't figure out.  Netbook sees the 2wire fine, entered the same encryption code for both the laptop and the netbook.  Even reset to default to double check.  Everything is fine with the XP laptop connection but I can't figure out the netbook.  I'm not sure if I'm setting it up incorrectly with the Windows 7 SE or if it has something to do with the 2wire RG firmware.  I've read many posts about Windows 7 but found nothing that appears to be a solution for my situation. 

Any ideas?

Connection problem? Between HP Mini with Windows 7 (starter edition) and 2wire RG

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 6, 2010 7:42:38 AM
(0)
Contributor

It will connect using Mac address filter only.  It's just when I enable the wpa encryption that the problem starts.  I'm guessing it's a windows 7 issue and not the RG.

It will connect using Mac address filter only.  It's just when I enable the wpa encryption that the problem starts.  I'm guessing it's a windows 7 issue and not the RG.

Re: Connection problem? Between HP Mini with Windows 7 (starter edition) and 2wire RG

2 of 2 (485 Views)