Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Apr 30, 2011
10:59:07 AM
View profile
Connection drop outs
Edited by Jremmen on Apr 30, 2011 at 11:02:10 AM

Weve been using Uverse for a little over a year now and over all it's been great. We have had a tech out here a while back (12-13 months) due to the RG dropping out with blinking broadband and service lights. I no longer recall what the gentlemen did here but it solved the problem.

Last week a blue van ran into an overhead powerline pole just down my street and that took out power for a lot of people here, according to the SDGE outage map it was 5000+ without power. It took about 3 hours before power was restored and ever since we've been having connection issues again. At least once a day at the minimum I have to pull the power on the RG. I've noticed two different types of scenarios. Firstly the two bottoms lights are blinking, connection is out, but it usually will reestablish connectivity in a decent amount of time. The second is where both lights on the bottom (boardband/service) are solid green, everything looks normal but there is no connectivity at all, I can't log into the RG by using its IP, or even ping it.

Here are some caps using UVRT. I wish I had some from before the van crash but I don't. I do know that before there were not any fields listed in red or yellow so that is something that has just recently changed

Thanks

Weve been using Uverse for a little over a year now and over all it's been great. We have had a tech out here a while back (12-13 months) due to the RG dropping out with blinking broadband and service lights. I no longer recall what the gentlemen did here but it solved the problem.

Last week a blue van ran into an overhead powerline pole just down my street and that took out power for a lot of people here, according to the SDGE outage map it was 5000+ without power. It took about 3 hours before power was restored and ever since we've been having connection issues again. At least once a day at the minimum I have to pull the power on the RG. I've noticed two different types of scenarios. Firstly the two bottoms lights are blinking, connection is out, but it usually will reestablish connectivity in a decent amount of time. The second is where both lights on the bottom (boardband/service) are solid green, everything looks normal but there is no connectivity at all, I can't log into the RG by using its IP, or even ping it.

Here are some caps using UVRT. I wish I had some from before the van crash but I don't. I do know that before there were not any fields listed in red or yellow so that is something that has just recently changed

Thanks

Connection drop outs

[ Edited ]
5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 30, 2011 11:13:10 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Where there any overhead phone lines damaged? 

The sync rate on your RG (26 mbps) cannot support your profile (25/2).  This is why you are having the problems that you are experiencing.  Call Technical Support and have them check your line. 

Where there any overhead phone lines damaged? 

The sync rate on your RG (26 mbps) cannot support your profile (25/2).  This is why you are having the problems that you are experiencing.  Call Technical Support and have them check your line. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Connection drop outs

2 of 6 (457 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 30, 2011 11:18:29 AM
(0)
Contributor

I am unsure about any phone line damage.

I am unsure about any phone line damage.

3 of 6 (453 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 30, 2011 11:27:17 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Have Technical Support run tests on your line.  You definitely have some issues.

Have Technical Support run tests on your line.  You definitely have some issues.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 6 (451 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 1, 2011 12:22:12 PM
(0)
Employee

The accident may have also damaged the phone cables or the power surge may have caused problems inside or outside in the phone equipment.

If you were not having problems before you are now defiantly call because your data rate will not support your line.

That deep valley on your at the 1 MHZ  could be causing your problem.

The accident may have also damaged the phone cables or the power surge may have caused problems inside or outside in the phone equipment.

If you were not having problems before you are now defiantly call because your data rate will not support your line.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

5 of 6 (406 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 3, 2011 12:30:31 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Escapee wrote:

I had a similar "Big Valley" dropout at 1.1 MHz.  It was bad phone cable, about 2 blocks away.

http://forums.att.com/t5/Residential-Gateway/Frequent-RG-Resets-Oh-not-again/td-p/2733793/page/3

See msg. #22 or so in my thread.  The rest of my bitloading looked decent, however.

Escapee wrote:

I had a similar "Big Valley" dropout at 1.1 MHz.  It was bad phone cable, about 2 blocks away.

http://forums.att.com/t5/Residential-Gateway/Frequent-RG-Resets-Oh-not-again/td-p/2733793/page/3

See msg. #22 or so in my thread.  The rest of my bitloading looked decent, however.

6 of 6 (369 Views)