Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Highlighted
Posted Feb 20, 2010
10:52:39 PM
View profile
Connection Problems

Hello,

My parents are customers, and we recently switched ISP's. Although I am not a customer, and certainly not paying for the bills, I am the technician of the family.

The setup is the provided dsl modem, and then that is connected to a router. I am directly connected to the router, with an ethernet cable. Connection is fine until, thrity to sixty minutes. The connection is then disconnected/interrupted/lost. I then have to repair the connection and it works fine.

Problem is how do I fix this, as it is a nuisance and troublesome when working online for extended periods of time.

The ETHERNET label on the modem blinks and is never a stable glowing green.

Thanks for your time and response.

Hello,

My parents are customers, and we recently switched ISP's. Although I am not a customer, and certainly not paying for the bills, I am the technician of the family.

The setup is the provided dsl modem, and then that is connected to a router. I am directly connected to the router, with an ethernet cable. Connection is fine until, thrity to sixty minutes. The connection is then disconnected/interrupted/lost. I then have to repair the connection and it works fine.

Problem is how do I fix this, as it is a nuisance and troublesome when working online for extended periods of time.

The ETHERNET label on the modem blinks and is never a stable glowing green.

Thanks for your time and response.

Connection Problems

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 21, 2010 8:25:29 AM
(0)
Explorer

If the Ethernet light blinks on your gateway, then you might have a problem with the connection coming into you house. Or it could be that adjustments need to be made to your gateway.

When I first established service, my connection via Ethernet cable dropped frequently. And when I recently upgraded to a wireless computer, I couldn't establish a connection at all. In each instance, I called customer service, and they were able to make the proper adjustments to my gateway on the spot, and my connection became much more stable even as I was talking with them on the phone.

Try calling customer service at 1-800-ATT-2020, and they may well be able to help with your problem.

If the Ethernet light blinks on your gateway, then you might have a problem with the connection coming into you house. Or it could be that adjustments need to be made to your gateway.

When I first established service, my connection via Ethernet cable dropped frequently. And when I recently upgraded to a wireless computer, I couldn't establish a connection at all. In each instance, I called customer service, and they were able to make the proper adjustments to my gateway on the spot, and my connection became much more stable even as I was talking with them on the phone.

Try calling customer service at 1-800-ATT-2020, and they may well be able to help with your problem.

Re: Connection Problems

2 of 4 (500 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 21, 2010 9:32:10 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

He has a router connect by ethernet cable, so the ethernet light should be blinking all the

time.  I have a computer and DVR connected by ethernet cable and my lite is blinking all

the time. :smileywink:

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-800-983-2811 to avoid Mr. Voice Recognition
YRMV IMHO Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

He has a router connect by ethernet cable, so the ethernet light should be blinking all the

time.  I have a computer and DVR connected by ethernet cable and my lite is blinking all

the time. :smileywink:

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-800-983-2811 to avoid Mr. Voice Recognition
YRMV IMHO Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 4 (500 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 22, 2010 9:06:13 AM
(0)
Scholar

Have you tried a different port on the router or RG?  Have you also tried a different ethernet cable?

- Steve

Have you tried a different port on the router or RG?  Have you also tried a different ethernet cable?

- Steve

4 of 4 (500 Views)