Helpful Links

Connecting Wii to a TV with only coaxial using a U-Verse VIP1200 box

Contributor

Connecting Wii to a TV with only coaxial using a U-Verse VIP1200 box

Hello,

I have a very old TV.  It has ONLY ONE coax connection.  There are no A/V I/Os on the back.  It has a VIP1200 U-Verse box connected to it. For clarification, the MAIN U-Verse Modem/Router is in another room and is the brain of our U-Verse network connecting our main television and 2 computers.

I reviewed this issue in another post, with subsequent solution, and found  I needed to purchase something called a composite modulator, which I did.  I went to Best Buy they gave me what I needed (I thought), a Terk Mini-Modulator.  I came home and connected EXACTLY as directed in a previous post. (At least I thoughtI did).  On a scale of 1-10, I'm probably a 6 or 7 with written directions !!!

Anyway, after reviewing the directions for connecting this composite modulator (about 10 times), I DO have Wii on channel 3.  However, supposedly if you power down the Wii you should see some signs of U-Verse.  Unfortunately, I only have gray fuzz now after powering down the Wii console.  It's as if something is not connected correctly, but I did it exactly as the directions indicated.  It says if you power-down the Wii, you should see the U-Verse screen as a minimum.  Like I said:  Only gray fuzz.

With this particular hardware configuration, is it either U-Verse or Wii????  Any suggestions? 

Many thanks for any help you could provide.

Message 1 of 16
Highlighted
ACE - Master

Re: Connecting Wii to a TV with only coaxial using a U-Verse VIP1200 box

Thanks SJ!

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 16 of 16
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support