Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted May 7, 2011
7:06:45 PM
View profile
Completely over This service.

I'm posting to This forum because I couldn't find anywhere else to contact ATT Uverse at This hour. In November of 2010, my family and I chose to switch from insight communications to ATT uverse because The customer service was exceptional and The service looked like It would be awesome. It was, for The first couple of days. Since then We have nothing but problems. The wires to our house have been replaced, The wires under our house have been replaced, every piece of equipment that was brought In to start The service has been replaced, all of The lines leading into our yard have been traced, line techs have been called and We have wasted over a month of Saturdays to try and stick with ATT uverse. We continually lose service in the middle of our shows. Everything completely drops out. Internet, TV gone, if We are recording something, The delay gets recorded. Sometimes The service drops out for WHOLE SHOWS, 30 - 45 minutes at a time, when I call, customer service says "oh, This has happened 160 times today, ill have to send a tech out." my son has asthma and has to get breathing treatments twice a day. We let him watch a TV show during The treatments and when they stop working properly (EVEN IF WE"D DVRed THEM) He screams and We have to literally hold him down. This past week He has had a double ear infection, thrush, and viral pneumonia on top of his other problems. He has been on 10 different medications including 1 breathing treatment every 12 hrs and another every FOUR hours. The TV AND Internet drop out constantly during all of This. We are so stressed out with our baby being sick and This stupid issue compounds that. We have stuck with This company because my parents have had wireless service with ATT Since the 1990s and have had few issues. I am completely at a loss. I start online classes In June and there is no way We can keep This service. I cannot rely on It during an assignment or exam. I will not be recommending uverse or ATT to ANY of my friends or any neighbors In This close knit community. In fact, I will tell them The truth, It is far better to stick with insight communications and their crappy customer service. I hope no one else is having The same issue and I'm sorry that This is purely venting and that my grammar / punctuation is terrible. ATT uverse is a waste of time and money.

I'm posting to This forum because I couldn't find anywhere else to contact ATT Uverse at This hour. In November of 2010, my family and I chose to switch from insight communications to ATT uverse because The customer service was exceptional and The service looked like It would be awesome. It was, for The first couple of days. Since then We have nothing but problems. The wires to our house have been replaced, The wires under our house have been replaced, every piece of equipment that was brought In to start The service has been replaced, all of The lines leading into our yard have been traced, line techs have been called and We have wasted over a month of Saturdays to try and stick with ATT uverse. We continually lose service in the middle of our shows. Everything completely drops out. Internet, TV gone, if We are recording something, The delay gets recorded. Sometimes The service drops out for WHOLE SHOWS, 30 - 45 minutes at a time, when I call, customer service says "oh, This has happened 160 times today, ill have to send a tech out." my son has asthma and has to get breathing treatments twice a day. We let him watch a TV show during The treatments and when they stop working properly (EVEN IF WE"D DVRed THEM) He screams and We have to literally hold him down. This past week He has had a double ear infection, thrush, and viral pneumonia on top of his other problems. He has been on 10 different medications including 1 breathing treatment every 12 hrs and another every FOUR hours. The TV AND Internet drop out constantly during all of This. We are so stressed out with our baby being sick and This stupid issue compounds that. We have stuck with This company because my parents have had wireless service with ATT Since the 1990s and have had few issues. I am completely at a loss. I start online classes In June and there is no way We can keep This service. I cannot rely on It during an assignment or exam. I will not be recommending uverse or ATT to ANY of my friends or any neighbors In This close knit community. In fact, I will tell them The truth, It is far better to stick with insight communications and their crappy customer service. I hope no one else is having The same issue and I'm sorry that This is purely venting and that my grammar / punctuation is terrible. ATT uverse is a waste of time and money.

Completely over This service.

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 7, 2011 7:35:45 PM
(0)
Master

Sorry about all your problems and you shouldn't have to go through all of that.

Contact David who is an AT&T employee who gets problems fixed others can't. Follow the directions in the link starting with "Troubles w/UVerse..." and send him an email. He, or someone from his team of Tier 2 agents, will contact you. They should be able to get to the bottom of your problems, have an excellent track record, and hopefully get them resolved.

Good luck.

Uniblurb3

If you get to thinking you're a person of influence, try ordering someone else's dog around.

Need help? Contact AT&T at 800-288-2020.

Sorry about all your problems and you shouldn't have to go through all of that.

Contact David who is an AT&T employee who gets problems fixed others can't. Follow the directions in the link starting with "Troubles w/UVerse..." and send him an email. He, or someone from his team of Tier 2 agents, will contact you. They should be able to get to the bottom of your problems, have an excellent track record, and hopefully get them resolved.

Good luck.

Uniblurb3

If you get to thinking you're a person of influence, try ordering someone else's dog around.

Need help? Contact AT&T at 800-288-2020.

Re: Completely over This service.

2 of 4 (493 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 9, 2011 10:01:24 AM
(0)
Contributor

I haven't even had the service to know i that i am over it but i am over it with them. I am so angry with At&T. They were suppose to install u verse tv and update my internet connectiona and phone and they haven't. The installer came on Friday and was at my house for almost 2 and half hours and did nothing. He told my husband that he could not find a signal and has a called a tech to came and check and fix the problem and would get it install either friday evening or Saturday morning and then left. Well the tech guy came and found a signal right away and he said the installer shouldn't have left. He was suppose to stay there so the tech guy could report his findings to him but he left. The tech guy said he problably left becuase he probably didn't want to install because it is a big job. Well the install never came back and he never called me. I called him on Saturday morning and he said he would call me back and he did about 15 minutes or so later and said the some one would be there between 12-2 and no one showed up. So called Att and they kept telling me that there was a problem with the outside line and that is why it is not installed. I kept telling her that per the tech guy said there is nothing wrong with the line. I got very frustraited and mad because they wanted to send a tech person and installer person at the same time but i would have to wait another 2 days and I had already waisted 2 days of my time wainting around for them and I had already called and canceled my other tv service so they are asking me to go with out tv for 2 days which is not a big deal to me but it is to my 2 youngs kids that like to watch alittle tv at night before bed. So I told them forget just cancel my order. I was able to call and keep my other tv service on. Not once during all of this did one person for att apoligize or say sorry for the incovience. On top of this we were told by one of the guys that came to our house that the high speed internet we are paying for is no fast than dial up. So I am done with AT &T. I am looking for a new phone and intternet provider. Soory so long. I needed to vent.

I haven't even had the service to know i that i am over it but i am over it with them. I am so angry with At&T. They were suppose to install u verse tv and update my internet connectiona and phone and they haven't. The installer came on Friday and was at my house for almost 2 and half hours and did nothing. He told my husband that he could not find a signal and has a called a tech to came and check and fix the problem and would get it install either friday evening or Saturday morning and then left. Well the tech guy came and found a signal right away and he said the installer shouldn't have left. He was suppose to stay there so the tech guy could report his findings to him but he left. The tech guy said he problably left becuase he probably didn't want to install because it is a big job. Well the install never came back and he never called me. I called him on Saturday morning and he said he would call me back and he did about 15 minutes or so later and said the some one would be there between 12-2 and no one showed up. So called Att and they kept telling me that there was a problem with the outside line and that is why it is not installed. I kept telling her that per the tech guy said there is nothing wrong with the line. I got very frustraited and mad because they wanted to send a tech person and installer person at the same time but i would have to wait another 2 days and I had already waisted 2 days of my time wainting around for them and I had already called and canceled my other tv service so they are asking me to go with out tv for 2 days which is not a big deal to me but it is to my 2 youngs kids that like to watch alittle tv at night before bed. So I told them forget just cancel my order. I was able to call and keep my other tv service on. Not once during all of this did one person for att apoligize or say sorry for the incovience. On top of this we were told by one of the guys that came to our house that the high speed internet we are paying for is no fast than dial up. So I am done with AT &T. I am looking for a new phone and intternet provider. Soory so long. I needed to vent.

3 of 4 (417 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 9, 2011 10:19:16 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

miss unhappy wrote:

I got very frustraited and mad because they wanted to send a tech person and installer person at the same time but i would have to wait another 2 days and I had already waisted 2 days of my time wainting around for them and I had already called and canceled my other tv service so they are asking me to go with out tv for 2 days which is not a big deal to me but it is to my 2 youngs kids that like to watch alittle tv at night before bed. So I told them forget just cancel my order. I was able to call and keep my other tv service on. Not once during all of this did one person for att apoligize or say sorry for the incovience. On top of this we were told by one of the guys that came to our house that the high speed internet we are paying for is no fast than dial up. So I am done with AT &T. I am looking for a new phone and intternet provider. Soory so long. I needed to vent.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience.  You should never cancel your existing TV service until your new service is up and running.  There may be issues with the installation of your new service, and if you have already canceled your existing service, you will be without service.

The comment about the speed of the U-verse internet service is ridiculous and completely untrue.

miss unhappy wrote:

I got very frustraited and mad because they wanted to send a tech person and installer person at the same time but i would have to wait another 2 days and I had already waisted 2 days of my time wainting around for them and I had already called and canceled my other tv service so they are asking me to go with out tv for 2 days which is not a big deal to me but it is to my 2 youngs kids that like to watch alittle tv at night before bed. So I told them forget just cancel my order. I was able to call and keep my other tv service on. Not once during all of this did one person for att apoligize or say sorry for the incovience. On top of this we were told by one of the guys that came to our house that the high speed internet we are paying for is no fast than dial up. So I am done with AT &T. I am looking for a new phone and intternet provider. Soory so long. I needed to vent.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience.  You should never cancel your existing TV service until your new service is up and running.  There may be issues with the installation of your new service, and if you have already canceled your existing service, you will be without service.

The comment about the speed of the U-verse internet service is ridiculous and completely untrue.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 4 (409 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments