Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Aug 4, 2010
1:55:24 PM
View profile
Compatible switch for U-Verse

We recentely tried hooking up a Linksys 5 port 10/100 switch - model EZXS55W from the RG.  Beyond my comprehension- it just is not working.  (ports are all fine, switch is fine on other networks, switch shows good connections when plugged into the RG, etc, etc etc...)

I was told that this model was compatible, then not, then yes, wait, it was by AT&T support.  I'm at a loss now...

SO

1 - anyone using this switch connected to their RG without issues?

2 - anyone using any switch connected to their RG without issues, and if so, what can you reccommend?

Thanks!

We recentely tried hooking up a Linksys 5 port 10/100 switch - model EZXS55W from the RG.  Beyond my comprehension- it just is not working.  (ports are all fine, switch is fine on other networks, switch shows good connections when plugged into the RG, etc, etc etc...)

I was told that this model was compatible, then not, then yes, wait, it was by AT&T support.  I'm at a loss now...

SO

2 - anyone using any switch connected to their RG without issues, and if so, what can you reccommend?

Thanks!

Compatible switch for U-Verse

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 4, 2010 2:10:03 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Hang on for awhile there will be someone along to help you get that working.

Hang on for awhile there will be someone along to help you get that working.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Compatible switch for U-Verse

2 of 4 (1,062 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 4, 2010 4:22:45 PM
(0)
Employee

nibbs wrote:

SO

Thanks!

What isn't working? i.e., what is the nature of your issue?

nibbs wrote:

SO

Thanks!

What isn't working? i.e., what is the nature of your issue?

Sent from my phone.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

3 of 4 (1,062 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 5, 2010 9:54:59 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Check out his earlier thread on the subject:

http://utalk.att.com/t5/High-Speed-Internet-Access/Linksys-swtich-behind-2WIRE-Router/m-p/239521 :smileywink:

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-866-465-1496 for direct TS to avoid Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Check out his earlier thread on the subject:

http://utalk.att.com/t5/High-Speed-Internet-Access/Linksys-swtich-behind-2WIRE-Router/m-p/239521 :smileywink:

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-866-465-1496 for direct TS to avoid Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 4 (1,062 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments