Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Apr 2, 2011
5:37:56 PM
View profile
Checking my U-Verse Usage
Edited by bubbba on Apr 2, 2011 at 5:45:21 PM

I have looked but can't seem to find the link used to check my usage. On my account page it simply says that there is no usage data since I have an unlimited plan. On other forms people are posting about being able to access their usage, why can't I?

I'm not sure if I am one of the ABUSERS or not, but I like to know what my useage is NOW rather then after next month. The only thing that I do know is that I paid for the Max Turbo plan for faster speeds. What did AT&T think I wanted more speed for, less usage.

Anyway, could someone point me to a usage meter?

Thanks

I have looked but can't seem to find the link used to check my usage. On my account page it simply says that there is no usage data since I have an unlimited plan. On other forms people are posting about being able to access their usage, why can't I?

I'm not sure if I am one of the ABUSERS or not, but I like to know what my useage is NOW rather then after next month. The only thing that I do know is that I paid for the Max Turbo plan for faster speeds. What did AT&T think I wanted more speed for, less usage.

Anyway, could someone point me to a usage meter?

Thanks

Checking my U-Verse Usage

[ Edited ]
5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 2, 2011 8:26:48 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

I have seen the same thing you have.  Hopefully someone will come along and post how they do that.  I use the realtime app to keep tabs on my stats.  You can download it from the link here.  It is free by the way.

http://www.uverserealtime.com/

I have seen the same thing you have.  Hopefully someone will come along and post how they do that.  I use the realtime app to keep tabs on my stats.  You can download it from the link here.  It is free by the way.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Checking my U-Verse Usage

2 of 6 (20,812 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 3, 2011 3:04:08 PM
(0)
Scholar

RCSMG wrote:

Thanks for the info on U-verse Realtime. I had it already but thought it was just for troubleshooting line issues. I also use it now, but I would also like to see what AT&T is looking at. According to the numbers in Realtime I can't see where AT&T should be having issues with me. BUT, they should have had the usage data in place before announcing the usage cap. I'm sure I'm not the only one who is a bit concerned, and maybe unnecessarily so, but I guess AT&T doesn't give a hoot about how this makes the customer worry. I do know one thing, I don't want to go and check my stats before Streaming a Video or listening to Shoutcast. If it gets to that point I will go back to Comcast. The speeds are a bit lower but they are fast enough.

RCSMG wrote:

Thanks for the info on U-verse Realtime. I had it already but thought it was just for troubleshooting line issues. I also use it now, but I would also like to see what AT&T is looking at. According to the numbers in Realtime I can't see where AT&T should be having issues with me. BUT, they should have had the usage data in place before announcing the usage cap. I'm sure I'm not the only one who is a bit concerned, and maybe unnecessarily so, but I guess AT&T doesn't give a hoot about how this makes the customer worry. I do know one thing, I don't want to go and check my stats before Streaming a Video or listening to Shoutcast. If it gets to that point I will go back to Comcast. The speeds are a bit lower but they are fast enough.

3 of 6 (20,702 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 6, 2011 12:27:14 PM
(0)
Mentor

The usage meter isn't up yet for u-verse, they only have it working for DSL...

http://www.myusage.att.com/

Give it a try though, it's bound to be working sooner or later for uverse.

The usage meter isn't up yet for u-verse, they only have it working for DSL...

http://www.myusage.att.com/

Give it a try though, it's bound to be working sooner or later for uverse.

4 of 6 (20,526 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 6, 2011 12:57:42 PM
(0)
Tutor

On the interfaces tab where it lists data from router. Shows how much each GB is used from each source. Is there a date timestap on it. Like how far back it goes like a month or...

On the interfaces tab where it lists data from router. Shows how much each GB is used from each source. Is there a date timestap on it. Like how far back it goes like a month or...

5 of 6 (20,505 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 6, 2011 1:32:59 PM
(0)
Scholar

illini81887 wrote:

According to the read me file it goes back to when the statistics were last reset.  The Error Table tab gives that info at the bottom, where it says "Error totals collected for:".

--

oobleck

illini81887 wrote:

According to the read me file it goes back to when the statistics were last reset.  The Error Table tab gives that info at the bottom, where it says "Error totals collected for:".

--

oobleck

6 of 6 (20,490 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments