Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jul 7, 2010
6:37:09 AM
Cannot make a wireless connection from PlayStation 3 to the Internet

My son just purchased a PlayStation 3.  We cannot establish a wireless connection to the Internet.  After entering the 10-digit WEP key, the connection test fails with a message stating that the WEP key is invalid.  I have a PC and two laptops using the Internet without any problems.  All three are using a wireless connection with the same WEP key.  A wired connection is out of the question because the residential gateway router is located in the unfinished basement.

My son just purchased a PlayStation 3.  We cannot establish a wireless connection to the Internet.  After entering the 10-digit WEP key, the connection test fails with a message stating that the WEP key is invalid.  I have a PC and two laptops using the Internet without any problems.  All three are using a wireless connection with the same WEP key.  A wired connection is out of the question because the residential gateway router is located in the unfinished basement.

Cannot make a wireless connection from PlayStation 3 to the Internet

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 7, 2010 9:00:43 AM
(0)
ACE - Guru
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Cannot make a wireless connection from PlayStation 3 to the Internet

2 of 6 (656 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 7, 2010 7:58:38 PM
(0)
Teacher

Jeffster --

Thanks for the link.  Reading through it I found the solution to my problem.  I entered the WEP key as the WPA-PSK Key on the PS3 and was able to connect to the Internet successfully.

Jeffster --

Thanks for the link.  Reading through it I found the solution to my problem.  I entered the WEP key as the WPA-PSK Key on the PS3 and was able to connect to the Internet successfully.

3 of 6 (656 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 7, 2010 8:14:50 PM
(0)
ACE - Guru

Your welcome!

Happy gaming :smileywink:

Your welcome!

Happy gaming :smileywink:

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 6 (656 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 3, 2010 3:03:55 PM
(0)
Contributor

I have been trying to get an internet connection for 3 days.  I've read that link and just about everything else searchable on this and several other forums.  I do not understand what I'm doing wrong.

I have entered the simple key that's on the tower into the WPA-PSK connection, and I've also tried changing the authentication settings on the tower to WEP (instead of WPA-PSK) and no luck with that either.

if anyone could help me out I'd be very grateful.

--Neil

I have been trying to get an internet connection for 3 days.  I've read that link and just about everything else searchable on this and several other forums.  I do not understand what I'm doing wrong.

I have entered the simple key that's on the tower into the WPA-PSK connection, and I've also tried changing the authentication settings on the tower to WEP (instead of WPA-PSK) and no luck with that either.

if anyone could help me out I'd be very grateful.

--Neil

5 of 6 (656 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 4, 2010 9:07:27 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Make sure WiFi Protected Status is disabled on this page:

http://192.168.1.254/xslt?PAGE=C_2_1 :smileywink:

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-866-465-1496 for direct TS to avoid Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Make sure WiFi Protected Status is disabled on this page:

http://192.168.1.254/xslt?PAGE=C_2_1 :smileywink:

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-866-465-1496 for direct TS to avoid Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

6 of 6 (656 Views)