Cannot Reach Tombihn.com (DNS Issue)

Cannot Reach Tombihn.com (DNS Issue)

Hi,

I cannot reach the website www.tombihn.com.  My machine (Macbook Pro) is connected via CAT5 to an Apple Time Machine, which is connected to the RG and run from the DMZ.  I have the DNS addresses on both the Macbook Pro and the Time Machine set to the OpenDNS addresses 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220 but still not site, just timeouts.  Any ideas?  

Message 1 of 4
ACE - Expert

Re: Cannot Reach Tombihn.com (DNS Issue)

If it's Tom Bihn Bags, I get it fine w/ ATT DNS servers (68.94.156.1, 68.94.157.1) hard coded in my connection.  Maybe opendns considers it a bad site?  Dunno :smileywink:

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-800-983-2811 to avoid Mr. Voice Recognition
YRMV IMHO Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4

Thanks for the reply!  

That's the site all right.  I've put those DNS addresses in both my computer and my Time Machine with no luck :smileysad:

Message Edited by DoomFinger on 07-07-2009 08:23 AM
Message 3 of 4
ACE - Expert

Do you have a "get dns servers automatically" setting on a MAC like we do w/Windows, might try that if you do and

see if the RG can get you to it. :smileywink:

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-800-983-2811 to avoid Mr. Voice Recognition
YRMV IMHO Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Message Edited by mibrnsurg on 07-07-2009 12:25 PM
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support