Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Sep 16, 2010
6:09:24 AM
Canceling? Thoughts and input appreciated.

Well, it’s been a few months and overall, I’m happy.  However, I still have issues with freezing pictures, and DVR lockups every once in a while.  We’ve done just about everything we can think of to fix the issues.  I’d be fine with staying, but I just got what I believe to be a very good quote from Comcast (who now appears to have a multi room dvr option like At&t).

My questions are:

If I cancel, are there any penalties?  I’ve only been signed up for a month and a half.  I don’t believe I’m in any type of contract.

I received my promo cards, can I still use them?  Are the voided if I cancel too soon?

If I decide to come back, will it be a hassle?  Additional costs?

Any insight would be helpful.

Thanks,

Well, it’s been a few months and overall, I’m happy.  However, I still have issues with freezing pictures, and DVR lockups every once in a while.  We’ve done just about everything we can think of to fix the issues.  I’d be fine with staying, but I just got what I believe to be a very good quote from Comcast (who now appears to have a multi room dvr option like At&t).

My questions are:

If I cancel, are there any penalties?  I’ve only been signed up for a month and a half.  I don’t believe I’m in any type of contract.

I received my promo cards, can I still use them?  Are the voided if I cancel too soon?

If I decide to come back, will it be a hassle?  Additional costs?

Any insight would be helpful.

Thanks,

Canceling? Thoughts and input appreciated.

35 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(35)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 5, 2010 12:51:40 PM
(0)
Mentor

Nancysp,

You seem somewhat condescending in you post.

I'm not one to go only on others advice.  I find that some people are either extremely critical or extremely forgiving.  I try to balance those opinions, but ultimately I must see it for myself.

As far as saving time, energy and money, I'm not out anything.  Not only did I get promo cards from signing up the first time with AT&T, Comcast has a 30 day money back guarantee.  No cost there.  Then At&t is giving me more promo cards to come back, plus additional money off my bill a month.  If anything, I'm making out in the deal.

While I stated I was "happy", I still wasn't happy with my HD quality.  Comcast was defiantly better in that category.  However, I just wasn’t impressed with them in any other aspect.  There new multiroom dvr was nothing special.

Nancysp,

I'm not one to go only on others advice.  I find that some people are either extremely critical or extremely forgiving.  I try to balance those opinions, but ultimately I must see it for myself.

As far as saving time, energy and money, I'm not out anything.  Not only did I get promo cards from signing up the first time with AT&T, Comcast has a 30 day money back guarantee.  No cost there.  Then At&t is giving me more promo cards to come back, plus additional money off my bill a month.  If anything, I'm making out in the deal.

While I stated I was "happy", I still wasn't happy with my HD quality.  Comcast was defiantly better in that category.  However, I just wasn’t impressed with them in any other aspect.  There new multiroom dvr was nothing special.

Re: Canceling? Thoughts and input appreciated.

31 of 36 (483 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 5, 2010 1:03:15 PM
(0)
Master

Good deal leonowj9 and guess I'll have to eat my words when I said you will probably be paying more when you come back. Sure haven't heard of many users coming back and receiving a 2nd round of reward cards and discounts. :smileywink:

Welcome back to U-verse. :smileyhappy:

leonowj9 wrote:

Nancysp,

Uniblurb3

If you get to thinking you're a person of influence, try ordering someone else's dog around.

Need help? Contact AT&T at 800-288-2020.

Good deal leonowj9 and guess I'll have to eat my words when I said you will probably be paying more when you come back. Sure haven't heard of many users coming back and receiving a 2nd round of reward cards and discounts. :smileywink:

leonowj9 wrote:

Nancysp,

Uniblurb3

If you get to thinking you're a person of influence, try ordering someone else's dog around.

32 of 36 (483 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 6, 2010 7:01:42 AM
(0)
Mentor

Uniblurb3 wrote:

I was shocked.  I don't think I would have switched if they would have charged me for an install.  When she told me about the promo cards I was very happy. 

Glad to be back.  Can wait for my install on Monday.

Uniblurb3 wrote:

I was shocked.  I don't think I would have switched if they would have charged me for an install.  When she told me about the promo cards I was very happy. 

33 of 36 (483 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 6, 2010 7:37:10 AM
(0)
Master

leonowj9 wrote:

Uniblurb3 wrote:

Yeah, you've got me thinking maybe I should cancel service and sign back up. Guess I would have to get the same rep though. If I signed up for the U-450 bundle in this link I'd save about $612 over 6 months! :smileysurprised:

http://www.att.com/u-verse/shop/index.jsp?wtSlotClick=1-003Z7O!901481-1-1&rel=nofollow#fbid=hDDO59e-...

Just kidding about canceling service and with my luck I'd be paying more. Indeed your offer with rewards cards/discounts for a customer who is not new is unique.

Good luck with your install Monday. :smileywink:

Uniblurb3

leonowj9 wrote:

Uniblurb3 wrote:

Yeah, you've got me thinking maybe I should cancel service and sign back up. Guess I would have to get the same rep though. If I signed up for the U-450 bundle in this link I'd save about $612 over 6 months! :smileysurprised:

http://www.att.com/u-verse/shop/index.jsp?wtSlotClick=1-003Z7O!901481-1-1&rel=nofollow#fbid=hDDO59e-sd_

Just kidding about canceling service and with my luck I'd be paying more. Indeed your offer with rewards cards/discounts for a customer who is not new is unique.

Good luck with your install Monday. :smileywink:

Uniblurb3

34 of 36 (483 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 12, 2010 7:16:57 AM
(0)
Mentor

I'm back.  Install went ok.  I was surprised the tech didn't switch the ends of the coax since that has always been the case in the past.  I was immediatly on the 0sd/4 hd WAN and 1sd/3hd Ingress profile.  Very cool.

I'm very happy to be back.  The picture locked up on both boxes twice last night, but other than that, no issues.  It wasn't the boxes because they still responded, the signal just appeared to be gone for 20 seconds or so and then came back.

I'm back.  Install went ok.  I was surprised the tech didn't switch the ends of the coax since that has always been the case in the past.  I was immediatly on the 0sd/4 hd WAN and 1sd/3hd Ingress profile.  Very cool.

I'm very happy to be back.  The picture locked up on both boxes twice last night, but other than that, no issues.  It wasn't the boxes because they still responded, the signal just appeared to be gone for 20 seconds or so and then came back.

35 of 36 (476 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 12, 2010 7:41:51 AM
(0)
Expert

Welcome back to UV!

I don't know about the coax ends not being switched out, but maybe because they were already there?

Welcome back to UV!

I don't know about the coax ends not being switched out, but maybe because they were already there?

36 of 36 (462 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments