Can not watch videos on entertainment.att.net/tv

Scholar

Can not watch videos on entertainment.att.net/tv

At work, I go to this site and can watch any video. At home (I got U-Verse on Saturday) I get The requested video can not be displayed in your region for every video I try to watch. What gives?
Message 1 of 33 (3,396 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: Can not watch videos on entertainment.att.net/tv

Yes I was joking about the refund but I have never heard any CSR from any company say "give it a day or three" and then call back.  Maybe a refund for having an oddball CSR.  :smileytongue:

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 16 of 33 (3,165 Views)
Explorer

Hi,

This is my first post....

I am in Birmingham, Alabama and the Hulu videos on the ATT TV site are not working for me either. Also The Hulu desktop app is not working. Both give a message about being unable to load the video or unavailable in my region. The TV Network videos work fine on the ATT site.

I switched to Uverse on Thursday of this week. On Wednesday, the day before switching, Hulu Desktop worked as it should. There is something funky going on here with ATT. Now if I go to the Hulu site directly all the videos play fine. Should I wait to see if this is resolved or should I contact CS?

Message 17 of 33 (3,165 Views)
Expert

What browser are you using?  I use FF and IE and HULU videos play back just fine.  No problems whatsoever.  Could you give us more info?

Message 18 of 33 (3,165 Views)
Explorer

Just tried an experiment. My neighbor across the street has a different internet provider. I got on his network and all the Hulu stuff works fine there. This is defiantly a Uverse/ATT issue. Has anyone resolved this? I really like Hulu desktop playing on my second display while I work and I have been using it for over a year that way with my previous internet provider. 

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Message 19 of 33 (3,165 Views)
Explorer

I have tried both Firefox and Safari. Both are the current versions. 

Message 20 of 33 (3,165 Views)
Expert

Do you have the latest updates for those browsers?  I just went to the site and played back a video from the MTV Movie Awards.

Message 21 of 33 (3,014 Views)
ACE - Expert

On Firefox, do you have Ad Block (Plus) installed?  If so, might have to disable any things blocked in the upper right corner of FF. :smileywink:

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-800-983-2811 to avoid Mr. Voice Recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 22 of 33 (3,014 Views)
Explorer

It is not the browser I am really concerned about. It is the Hulu Desktop Application.  But the Hulu website itself is working fine in the web browsers just not working with the desktop application. The Hulu furnished videos on the ATT website will not work with browsers. Like I said before all is fine with everything is I am on my neighbors network. What is going on here? Seems odd.

Message 23 of 33 (3,014 Views)
ACE - Expert

Can't help w/Hulu Desktop, no Intel Core Duo here on this 8 yr old laptop.:smileyvery-happy:

Could try TS, press 2 on the # in my sig, but think they'll tell you to contact Hulu.  Good luck :smileywink:

On FF, had to disable AD Block Plus for the uverseonline website before they would load, just like I had to do w/CBS.com to watch some previews.

Chris

Message 24 of 33 (3,014 Views)
ACE - Expert

kokopelli wrote:

Startrekfanatic wrote:

I see you are up in the Dallas area, it is working fine for me down here in the Houston area.

Usually that happens if you are trying to watch something from an out of country website, but should work fine here in the US.

Example:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcone/watchlive/ This shows "Not available in your area".

http://entertainment.att.net/tv/show/undercover-boss Should play inside the USA.

How strange, I went to the link above and it works now. You're right, the bbc link does not work form me.

Maybe they were right and it was "work being done in my area".

Thanks

Didn't you read: "You still need a license (BBC radio license) to watch online", that's why it's not available to us here in the US. :smileyvery-happy:

Chris

Message 25 of 33 (3,014 Views)
Contributor

I have the exact same problem with the Hulu desktop application.  U-verse is blocking something.  I just had u-verse installed just hours ago and I was using my prior ISP (Sonic.net) and hulu was working fine on all 4 of my PC's but now it's not. 

I have even put one of my computers out in the DMZ of the 2wire firewall and nothing worked.  I'm now assuming that ATT is blocking it somewhere else.

http://www.e-meeting.cn/porttester

This website test the common port Flash Media Server.  All my test fail except the first one time's out (still a fail).

Need this resolved.  Wife already asked what the cancellation policy is for ATT U-verse.

Message 26 of 33 (3,014 Views)
ACE - Expert

If you didn't sign a contract for a lower rate, there is no contract, but many would wait to get rewards, then cancel.

Try putting computer in DMZ then plug/unplug RG for 30 seconds and let it reboot then see if that hulu setup will work.  If you know the necessary port(s), you can open it on that same page as DMZ, go down to 'add user defind application'.  Good luck :smileywink:

Chris

Message 27 of 33 (3,014 Views)
Scholar

I tried to watch a video on that site too and am also blocked from viewing it........my advice would be to go to Hulu.com and watch not the At&T site.

Message 28 of 33 (3,014 Views)
Contributor

I had to put my entire network in the DMZ but still hulu desktop didn't work.  My assumption now is that this is being blocked outside of my house, unless the 2wire is still blocking something that I can't turn off.

Also found out that my HDHomeun network tuner stopped working with the 2wire.  I had to put my linksys back into the mix to get everything working again.

Message 29 of 33 (3,014 Views)
Highlighted
Expert

Did this ever get resolved for you?

Sounds like a similar situation here.

kokopelli wrote:
At work, I go to this site and can watch any video. At home (I got U-Verse on Saturday) I get The requested video can not be displayed in your region for every video I try to watch. What gives?

Message 30 of 33 (3,014 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.