Posted Feb 16, 2010
4:50:39 AM
Can not watch videos on entertainment.att.net/tv
At work, I go to this site and can watch any video. At home (I got U-Verse on Saturday) I get The requested video can not be displayed in your region for every video I try to watch. What gives?
At work, I go to this site and can watch any video. At home (I got U-Verse on Saturday) I get The requested video can not be displayed in your region for every video I try to watch. What gives?

Can not watch videos on entertainment.att.net/tv

32 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
View all replies
(32)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 16, 2010 9:44:04 AM
(0)
Teacher
Physical location of your computer does not necessarily correlate to your ISP's location.  It's quite possible that your home ISP is routed through a region where it can't be shown.  
Physical location of your computer does not necessarily correlate to your ISP's location.  It's quite possible that your home ISP is routed through a region where it can't be shown.  

Re: Can not watch videos on entertainment.att.net/tv

2 of 33 (3,173 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 16, 2010 10:43:40 AM
(0)
Scholar

But my ISP should be AT&T, right? I got U-Verse on Saturday. Do I need to contact Tech Support? I mean, I'm trying to use the AT&T entertainment site... I tried going directly to Hulu and it worked, no errors or warnings.

Thanks

But my ISP should be AT&T, right? I got U-Verse on Saturday. Do I need to contact Tech Support? I mean, I'm trying to use the AT&T entertainment site... I tried going directly to Hulu and it worked, no errors or warnings.

Thanks

3 of 33 (3,173 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 16, 2010 1:26:54 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Is AT&T your internet provider?  Some folks only get U-Verse TV and not the net.  Could be some firewall blocking, also.  I'd call Tier 2.

Is AT&T your internet provider?  Some folks only get U-Verse TV and not the net.  Could be some firewall blocking, also.  I'd call Tier 2.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 33 (3,173 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 16, 2010 2:30:57 PM
(0)
Scholar

I got the whole package, Internet, Phone and TV. I had DSL (AT&T) before. I never tried that website with DSL, so I dont' know if it is related to the new u-verse installation. Like I said, going directly to Hulu, which is what the videos on that site are, works fine, no warning... I wonder if I should call AT&T Technical Support tonight? I mean, they recommended that I go to that site, and if it can't load a video because it thinks I'm in the wrong "region", then something is not configured correctly. Right?

Thanks

I got the whole package, Internet, Phone and TV. I had DSL (AT&T) before. I never tried that website with DSL, so I dont' know if it is related to the new u-verse installation. Like I said, going directly to Hulu, which is what the videos on that site are, works fine, no warning... I wonder if I should call AT&T Technical Support tonight? I mean, they recommended that I go to that site, and if it can't load a video because it thinks I'm in the wrong "region", then something is not configured correctly. Right?

Thanks

5 of 33 (3,173 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 16, 2010 2:31:54 PM
(0)
Scholar

Sorry, how do I call Tier 2? Do I call AT&T Tech Support and ask for Tier 2?

Thanks

Sorry, how do I call Tier 2? Do I call AT&T Tech Support and ask for Tier 2?

Thanks

6 of 33 (3,173 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 16, 2010 9:56:28 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Might try 1-866-757-9808. :smileywink:

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-800-983-2811 to avoid Mr. Voice Recognition
YRMV IMHO Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Might try 1-866-757-9808. :smileywink:

Chris

YRMV IMHO Simply a U-verse user, nothing more
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

7 of 33 (3,173 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 17, 2010 4:36:36 AM
(0)
Scholar

I spoke to Tier 2 last night. She rebooted my RG. That didn't fix it. She told me that maybe there is some work going on in my area and I should wait for 3 days and see if it clears up. Hmmmmm. Not a huge level of confidence with all that. I told her it worked at my work and didn't hat home. Two different zipcodes... Oh well, I guess I'll wait until Friday to call them back. This problem is on all my computers on my LAN. At work we don't use AT&T. I guess anything is possible. I'll post back if it starts working or if I have to call them on Friday. Wish me luck.

Thanks

I spoke to Tier 2 last night. She rebooted my RG. That didn't fix it. She told me that maybe there is some work going on in my area and I should wait for 3 days and see if it clears up. Hmmmmm. Not a huge level of confidence with all that. I told her it worked at my work and didn't hat home. Two different zipcodes... Oh well, I guess I'll wait until Friday to call them back. This problem is on all my computers on my LAN. At work we don't use AT&T. I guess anything is possible. I'll post back if it starts working or if I have to call them on Friday. Wish me luck.

Thanks

8 of 33 (3,173 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 17, 2010 7:18:14 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

I'm betting that your IP address range being assigned by U-verse HSI for your area is not being properly identified as being within the United States by the service used by the entertainment.att.net site.  Visit www.ip2location.com (or some similar site) and see where it says you are.  I have no idea what service entertainment.att.net uses for this, so the results from this particular link aren't conclusive, but may be enlighening.

I'm betting that your IP address range being assigned by U-verse HSI for your area is not being properly identified as being within the United States by the service used by the entertainment.att.net site.  Visit www.ip2location.com (or some similar site) and see where it says you are.  I have no idea what service entertainment.att.net uses for this, so the results from this particular link aren't conclusive, but may be enlighening.

9 of 33 (3,173 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 17, 2010 11:17:25 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

I would ask for a credit...seriously!  She told you to wait for three days?  :smileysurprised:

I would ask for a credit...seriously!  She told you to wait for three days?  :smileysurprised:

10 of 33 (3,173 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 17, 2010 12:18:40 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

A credit for what, exactly?

AFAIK, entertainment.att.net/tv is a publicly available site, so there's no refund available for "free."

U-verse HSI is not responsible for sites that may mis-identify the location of a given IP address and deny free service.  If HSI is allowing him to get to this site, then he's getting what he's paying for.  If the site's not behaving...

I'm sure the U-verse CSR's know exactly ZIP about this site (even less than they know about U-verse) and can't be expected to provide useful, correct, meaningful answers about it.  However, they should be able to say "I don't know sir" instead of making up stupid stuff.

A credit for what, exactly?

AFAIK, entertainment.att.net/tv is a publicly available site, so there's no refund available for "free."

U-verse HSI is not responsible for sites that may mis-identify the location of a given IP address and deny free service.  If HSI is allowing him to get to this site, then he's getting what he's paying for.  If the site's not behaving...

I'm sure the U-verse CSR's know exactly ZIP about this site (even less than they know about U-verse) and can't be expected to provide useful, correct, meaningful answers about it.  However, they should be able to say "I don't know sir" instead of making up stupid stuff.

11 of 33 (2,969 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 17, 2010 12:32:07 PM
(0)
Scholar

I think he was joking...

I think he was joking...

12 of 33 (2,969 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 17, 2010 12:54:43 PM
(0)
Scholar

I realize this isn't a super major issue. In fact, I can go to the source of these videos (Hulu) and watch anything I want there. It seems like AT&T is adding some extra region checking on the entertainment site. Although I don't really expect any credit, I do want to figure out why I can see these videos from work (8 miles away from my house) and not on my LAN. I have 2 Macs and  PC and I get the same error on all of them, so I would guess it has something to do with my system configuration. Some one suggested the IP address that is being used may be in the wrong region. I did a google search and found a post of someone in France that could not view these videos (not in the right region). So that makes me think that the site is keying off something to detect where you are coming from. Tonight I will check my IP address and see if it thinks I'm in another country.

I'll post my findings.

I realize this isn't a super major issue. In fact, I can go to the source of these videos (Hulu) and watch anything I want there. It seems like AT&T is adding some extra region checking on the entertainment site. Although I don't really expect any credit, I do want to figure out why I can see these videos from work (8 miles away from my house) and not on my LAN. I have 2 Macs and  PC and I get the same error on all of them, so I would guess it has something to do with my system configuration. Some one suggested the IP address that is being used may be in the wrong region. I did a google search and found a post of someone in France that could not view these videos (not in the right region). So that makes me think that the site is keying off something to detect where you are coming from. Tonight I will check my IP address and see if it thinks I'm in another country.

I'll post my findings.

13 of 33 (2,969 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 17, 2010 6:42:10 PM
(0)
Mentor

I see you are up in the Dallas area, it is working fine for me down here in the Houston area.

Usually that happens if you are trying to watch something from an out of country website, but should work fine here in the US.

Example:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcone/watchlive/ This shows "Not available in your area".

http://entertainment.att.net/tv/show/undercover-boss Should play inside the USA.

I see you are up in the Dallas area, it is working fine for me down here in the Houston area.

Usually that happens if you are trying to watch something from an out of country website, but should work fine here in the US.

Example:

http://entertainment.att.net/tv/show/undercover-boss Should play inside the USA.

14 of 33 (2,969 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 17, 2010 7:49:24 PM
(0)
Scholar

Startrekfanatic wrote:

Example:

How strange, I went to the link above and it works now. You're right, the bbc link does not work form me.

Maybe they were right and it was "work being done in my area".

Thanks

Startrekfanatic wrote:

Example:

How strange, I went to the link above and it works now. You're right, the bbc link does not work form me.

Thanks

15 of 33 (2,969 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 19, 2010 8:18:44 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Yes I was joking about the refund but I have never heard any CSR from any company say "give it a day or three" and then call back.  Maybe a refund for having an oddball CSR.  :smileytongue:

Yes I was joking about the refund but I have never heard any CSR from any company say "give it a day or three" and then call back.  Maybe a refund for having an oddball CSR.  :smileytongue:

16 of 33 (2,969 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 5, 2010 2:57:35 PM
(0)
Explorer

Hi,

This is my first post....

I am in Birmingham, Alabama and the Hulu videos on the ATT TV site are not working for me either. Also The Hulu desktop app is not working. Both give a message about being unable to load the video or unavailable in my region. The TV Network videos work fine on the ATT site.

I switched to Uverse on Thursday of this week. On Wednesday, the day before switching, Hulu Desktop worked as it should. There is something funky going on here with ATT. Now if I go to the Hulu site directly all the videos play fine. Should I wait to see if this is resolved or should I contact CS?

Hi,

This is my first post....

I am in Birmingham, Alabama and the Hulu videos on the ATT TV site are not working for me either. Also The Hulu desktop app is not working. Both give a message about being unable to load the video or unavailable in my region. The TV Network videos work fine on the ATT site.

I switched to Uverse on Thursday of this week. On Wednesday, the day before switching, Hulu Desktop worked as it should. There is something funky going on here with ATT. Now if I go to the Hulu site directly all the videos play fine. Should I wait to see if this is resolved or should I contact CS?

17 of 33 (2,969 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 5, 2010 3:03:26 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

What browser are you using?  I use FF and IE and HULU videos play back just fine.  No problems whatsoever.  Could you give us more info?

What browser are you using?  I use FF and IE and HULU videos play back just fine.  No problems whatsoever.  Could you give us more info?

18 of 33 (2,969 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 5, 2010 3:04:16 PM
(0)
Explorer

Just tried an experiment. My neighbor across the street has a different internet provider. I got on his network and all the Hulu stuff works fine there. This is defiantly a Uverse/ATT issue. Has anyone resolved this? I really like Hulu desktop playing on my second display while I work and I have been using it for over a year that way with my previous internet provider. 

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Just tried an experiment. My neighbor across the street has a different internet provider. I got on his network and all the Hulu stuff works fine there. This is defiantly a Uverse/ATT issue. Has anyone resolved this? I really like Hulu desktop playing on my second display while I work and I have been using it for over a year that way with my previous internet provider. 

Any help is greatly appreciated.

19 of 33 (2,969 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 5, 2010 5:29:16 PM
(0)
Explorer

I have tried both Firefox and Safari. Both are the current versions. 

I have tried both Firefox and Safari. Both are the current versions. 

20 of 33 (2,969 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 5, 2010 5:37:29 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Do you have the latest updates for those browsers?  I just went to the site and played back a video from the MTV Movie Awards.

Do you have the latest updates for those browsers?  I just went to the site and played back a video from the MTV Movie Awards.

21 of 33 (2,818 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 5, 2010 5:38:55 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

On Firefox, do you have Ad Block (Plus) installed?  If so, might have to disable any things blocked in the upper right corner of FF. :smileywink:

Chris

Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

On Firefox, do you have Ad Block (Plus) installed?  If so, might have to disable any things blocked in the upper right corner of FF. :smileywink:

Chris

22 of 33 (2,818 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 5, 2010 9:13:25 PM
(0)
Explorer

It is not the browser I am really concerned about. It is the Hulu Desktop Application.  But the Hulu website itself is working fine in the web browsers just not working with the desktop application. The Hulu furnished videos on the ATT website will not work with browsers. Like I said before all is fine with everything is I am on my neighbors network. What is going on here? Seems odd.

It is not the browser I am really concerned about. It is the Hulu Desktop Application.  But the Hulu website itself is working fine in the web browsers just not working with the desktop application. The Hulu furnished videos on the ATT website will not work with browsers. Like I said before all is fine with everything is I am on my neighbors network. What is going on here? Seems odd.

23 of 33 (2,818 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 6, 2010 12:11:32 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Can't help w/Hulu Desktop, no Intel Core Duo here on this 8 yr old laptop.:smileyvery-happy:

Could try TS, press 2 on the # in my sig, but think they'll tell you to contact Hulu.  Good luck :smileywink:

On FF, had to disable AD Block Plus for the uverseonline website before they would load, just like I had to do w/CBS.com to watch some previews.

Chris

Can't help w/Hulu Desktop, no Intel Core Duo here on this 8 yr old laptop.:smileyvery-happy:

Could try TS, press 2 on the # in my sig, but think they'll tell you to contact Hulu.  Good luck :smileywink:

On FF, had to disable AD Block Plus for the uverseonline website before they would load, just like I had to do w/CBS.com to watch some previews.

Chris

24 of 33 (2,818 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 6, 2010 12:24:41 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

kokopelli wrote:

Startrekfanatic wrote:

Example:

Thanks

Didn't you read: "You still need a license (BBC radio license) to watch online", that's why it's not available to us here in the US. :smileyvery-happy:

Chris

kokopelli wrote:

Startrekfanatic wrote:

Example:

Thanks

Didn't you read: "You still need a license (BBC radio license) to watch online", that's why it's not available to us here in the US. :smileyvery-happy:

Chris

25 of 33 (2,818 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 19, 2010 5:42:44 PM
(0)
Contributor

I have the exact same problem with the Hulu desktop application.  U-verse is blocking something.  I just had u-verse installed just hours ago and I was using my prior ISP (Sonic.net) and hulu was working fine on all 4 of my PC's but now it's not. 

I have even put one of my computers out in the DMZ of the 2wire firewall and nothing worked.  I'm now assuming that ATT is blocking it somewhere else.

http://www.e-meeting.cn/porttester

This website test the common port Flash Media Server.  All my test fail except the first one time's out (still a fail).

Need this resolved.  Wife already asked what the cancellation policy is for ATT U-verse.

I have the exact same problem with the Hulu desktop application.  U-verse is blocking something.  I just had u-verse installed just hours ago and I was using my prior ISP (Sonic.net) and hulu was working fine on all 4 of my PC's but now it's not. 

I have even put one of my computers out in the DMZ of the 2wire firewall and nothing worked.  I'm now assuming that ATT is blocking it somewhere else.

http://www.e-meeting.cn/porttester

This website test the common port Flash Media Server.  All my test fail except the first one time's out (still a fail).

Need this resolved.  Wife already asked what the cancellation policy is for ATT U-verse.

26 of 33 (2,818 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 19, 2010 6:01:32 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

If you didn't sign a contract for a lower rate, there is no contract, but many would wait to get rewards, then cancel.

Try putting computer in DMZ then plug/unplug RG for 30 seconds and let it reboot then see if that hulu setup will work.  If you know the necessary port(s), you can open it on that same page as DMZ, go down to 'add user defind application'.  Good luck :smileywink:

Chris

If you didn't sign a contract for a lower rate, there is no contract, but many would wait to get rewards, then cancel.

Try putting computer in DMZ then plug/unplug RG for 30 seconds and let it reboot then see if that hulu setup will work.  If you know the necessary port(s), you can open it on that same page as DMZ, go down to 'add user defind application'.  Good luck :smileywink:

Chris

27 of 33 (2,818 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 20, 2010 8:07:14 AM
(0)
Scholar

I tried to watch a video on that site too and am also blocked from viewing it........my advice would be to go to Hulu.com and watch not the At&T site.

I tried to watch a video on that site too and am also blocked from viewing it........my advice would be to go to Hulu.com and watch not the At&T site.

28 of 33 (2,818 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 20, 2010 9:57:45 AM
(0)
Contributor

I had to put my entire network in the DMZ but still hulu desktop didn't work.  My assumption now is that this is being blocked outside of my house, unless the 2wire is still blocking something that I can't turn off.

Also found out that my HDHomeun network tuner stopped working with the 2wire.  I had to put my linksys back into the mix to get everything working again.

I had to put my entire network in the DMZ but still hulu desktop didn't work.  My assumption now is that this is being blocked outside of my house, unless the 2wire is still blocking something that I can't turn off.

Also found out that my HDHomeun network tuner stopped working with the 2wire.  I had to put my linksys back into the mix to get everything working again.

29 of 33 (2,818 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 10, 2010 11:05:24 AM
(0)
Expert

Did this ever get resolved for you?

Sounds like a similar situation here.

kokopelli wrote:

Did this ever get resolved for you?

Sounds like a similar situation here.

kokopelli wrote:

30 of 33 (2,818 Views)