Can I use both Cat5 and Coax for Uverse

Contributor

Can I use both Cat5 and Coax for Uverse

My house was built in 2005 so it's pre-wired with CAT5 and 2 coax inputs to each room, all home-run wired to my wiring closet in my Master Bedroom.   I'm currently running 3 Uverse settop boxes using CAT5/Ethernet.  I want to move one of my TVs and thus Settop box to a different part of Master Bedroom.  However, this location only has Coax.  Go figure, eh.  It's easy enough to run Coax from to my RG since it's located in my wiring closet where all the Coax and Cat5 terminate.  The question is, can I run some settops with Cat5/Ethernet AND some connected via Coax/HPNA, or is it one OR the other?

Message 1 of 3
Mentor

Re: Can I use both Cat5 and Coax for Uverse

Yes, you can have STBs connected with both types of cables.

I have one connected via ethernet and one connected via coax and both work fine.

Message 2 of 3
ACE - Master

Re: Can I use both Cat5 and Coax for Uverse

I just recently "discovered" this myself.  The TV closest to the RG is Cat5 and the rest are coax.  No wonder the Cat5 connected TV never pixelates.  :smileytongue:

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support