Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Mar 28, 2009
11:48:12 AM
View profile
Can I play back and pause recorded programs from the STB?

I have ordered u-verse with a installation date of 4/02/2009. It is my understanding that you can only FF,reverse, pause and record live tv from the DVR.

Can you pause, FF, rewind a recorded program from the STB. Thanks for you assistence. 

I have ordered u-verse with a installation date of 4/02/2009. It is my understanding that you can only FF,reverse, pause and record live tv from the DVR.

Can you pause, FF, rewind a recorded program from the STB. Thanks for you assistence. 

Can I play back and pause recorded programs from the STB?

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 28, 2009 11:54:20 AM
(0)
Teacher
The main STB can do everything.  Play recorded material, ff, rew, and pause recorded material, and record and pause, ff, and rew live tv.  The secondary stbs throughout the house can play recorded material, ff, rew and pause.  But cannot record, ff, rew, or pause live tv.
Message Edited by cedog on 03-28-2009 01:55 PM
The main STB can do everything.  Play recorded material, ff, rew, and pause recorded material, and record and pause, ff, and rew live tv.  The secondary stbs throughout the house can play recorded material, ff, rew and pause.  But cannot record, ff, rew, or pause live tv.

Re: Can I play back and pause recorded programs from the STB?

2 of 6 (257 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 28, 2009 9:03:19 PM
(0)
Tutor
Thanks for the info. Have a great day!
Thanks for the info. Have a great day!

3 of 6 (257 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 30, 2009 1:19:42 PM
(0)
Tutor

cedog wrote:
The secondary stbs throughout the house can play recorded material, ff, rew and pause.  But cannot record, ff, rew, or pause live tv.

But that is supposed to be coming, right?  Is it for sure coming, but may be awhile, or it may or may not be coming at some point?

cedog wrote:
The secondary stbs throughout the house can play recorded material, ff, rew and pause.  But cannot record, ff, rew, or pause live tv.

But that is supposed to be coming, right?  Is it for sure coming, but may be awhile, or it may or may not be coming at some point?

4 of 6 (257 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 30, 2009 1:22:23 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

johnh123 wrote:

cedog wrote:

It is definitely coming.  Some have posted different arrival times but nothing is certain.  We are all hoping that at any time now it will be rolled out.

johnh123 wrote:

cedog wrote:

It is definitely coming.  Some have posted different arrival times but nothing is certain.  We are all hoping that at any time now it will be rolled out.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 6 (257 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 11, 2009 6:47:24 PM
(0)
Contributor

yeah, unfortunately there's no exact date of the roll out yet, but U-verse is certainly working on this as stated in Phase 3.

Phase 1 (August 2008 timeframe)

All receivers in the home will have the ability to playback recordings. Trick controls are available on playback of recordings but not on live TV on non-DVR receivers.

The DVR receiver must be plugged in and powered (not turned on) in order to view the content on the DVR. The recordings are maintained on the network but the receiver must be able to record it and save it locally on the DVR.

If the DVR receiver is replaced with a new DVR receiver, all current recordings will be lost. All future recordings will continue to record since all scheduled recordings are maintained on the network.

In addition a DVR soft padding feature will be enabled. This feature will automatically begin recording 60 seconds prior and continue recording 120 seconds after for programs in which the Member selected to record.

Recordings of the same program will be bucketed into a common heading. (EX. If a Member recorded Desperate Housewives as a series, there will be one heading that can be expanded to find the individual recordings)

Phase 2 (Future Enhancement TBD)

All receivers in the home will have the ability to manage recordings. However, a recording which is currently being viewed cannot be deleted from any receiver except for the one that it is currently being viewed at.

Phase 3 (Future Enhancement TBD)

All receivers in the home will have the ability to operate trick modes (pause, rewind) on live TV.

yeah, unfortunately there's no exact date of the roll out yet, but U-verse is certainly working on this as stated in Phase 3.

Phase 1 (August 2008 timeframe)

All receivers in the home will have the ability to playback recordings. Trick controls are available on playback of recordings but not on live TV on non-DVR receivers.

The DVR receiver must be plugged in and powered (not turned on) in order to view the content on the DVR. The recordings are maintained on the network but the receiver must be able to record it and save it locally on the DVR.

If the DVR receiver is replaced with a new DVR receiver, all current recordings will be lost. All future recordings will continue to record since all scheduled recordings are maintained on the network.

In addition a DVR soft padding feature will be enabled. This feature will automatically begin recording 60 seconds prior and continue recording 120 seconds after for programs in which the Member selected to record.

Recordings of the same program will be bucketed into a common heading. (EX. If a Member recorded Desperate Housewives as a series, there will be one heading that can be expanded to find the individual recordings)

Phase 2 (Future Enhancement TBD)

All receivers in the home will have the ability to manage recordings. However, a recording which is currently being viewed cannot be deleted from any receiver except for the one that it is currently being viewed at.

Phase 3 (Future Enhancement TBD)

All receivers in the home will have the ability to operate trick modes (pause, rewind) on live TV.

6 of 6 (257 Views)