Can I hook up a PS2 to u-verse?

Highlighted
Tutor

Can I hook up a PS2 to u-verse?

Can a PS2 be hooked up to the U-Verse sevice for online gaming?
Message 1 of 11 (1,604 Views)
Professor

Re: Can I hook up a PS2 to u-verse?

U-verse internet isn't any different from any other internet service provider, so in short, yes it should work.
Message 2 of 11 (1,604 Views)
Professor

Yeah if you can connect an ethernet line between your ps2 and the rg you should be fine.
Message 3 of 11 (1,604 Views)
Contributor

My ps2 is not near the main servise box, or rg. I try to reconnect my old dsl modem to a phone line but it doesn't detect any dsl line. What happened. Did Uverse take off the dsl line or what.
Message 4 of 11 (1,604 Views)
Scholar

Qeeper1 wrote:
My ps2 is not near the main servise box, or rg. I try to reconnect my old dsl modem to a phone line but it doesn't detect any dsl line. What happened. Did Uverse take off the dsl line or what.

U-verse replaces your existing DSL line. You'll need to connect the PS2 to the ethernet ports on the RG, either by hardwired ethernet, a wireless adapter, or if it's near an STB that is connected to the RG by coax, then I've heard the unused ethernet port on the STB can be used to connect an ethernet device, like the PS2. Your DSL modem will not work with U-verse.

Message 5 of 11 (1,604 Views)
Professor

Your line is no longer connected to an ADSL DSLAM, but instead a VDSL DSLAM for U-verse.

Edit:  Had this thread open from earlier and didn't see Mikey had already posted :smileywink:

Message Edited by Koolkid1935 on 03-28-2009 09:38 PM
Message 6 of 11 (1,604 Views)
Scholar

Hey, better two answers than none! :smileytongue:
Message 7 of 11 (1,604 Views)
Contributor

how do you hook up and play playstation 2 to u-verse?

Message 8 of 11 (1,604 Views)

how many [text removed- please keep it courteous] are going to ask how to hook up a ps2 to the internet. and why do they still have a ps2

Message 9 of 11 (1,604 Views)
Contributor

Hey!  hawker is gonna buy us all PS3's!!  He has a money tree.  Maybe mommy and daddy will by me one too.

Message 10 of 11 (1,604 Views)
Contributor

I have the slim line PS2 with the built in wireless adapter.  Should it not connect wirelessly to the router?  If so, how?

Message 11 of 11 (624 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.