Boosting signal

Highlighted
Contributor

Boosting signal

Hello. First time here. Took a new job with home office situation. Have U-verse, and a strong signal on floor the gateway is on. In basement, wireless signal varies from very low, to very good. Never hit excellent down there and it's generally on the good to low side. Went from a Macbook Pro to a Dell XPS (ugh-different story). Is there anything I can do to increase signal strength? I believe I currently pay for Pro (the middle option). Do I need to go one step up? HELP! First day on the job is tomorrow.
Message 1 of 2 (1,006 Views)
Scholar

Re: Boosting signal

motorcityjoe611 wrote:
Hello. First time here. Took a new job with home office situation. Have U-verse, and a strong signal on floor the gateway is on. In basement, wireless signal varies from very low, to very good. Never hit excellent down there and it's generally on the good to low side. Went from a Macbook Pro to a Dell XPS (ugh-different story). Is there anything I can do to increase signal strength? I believe I currently pay for Pro (the middle option). Do I need to go one step up? HELP! First day on the job is tomorrow.

The speed profile shouldn't have any effect on the signal strength; it just determines how fast data comes into the gateway.  You could try moving the gateway around to see if there's a location for it that gives a better signal in the basement.  Hopefully you have someone to help with this, to avoid running up and down the stairs. :smileywink:

Also you could check this page http://192.168.1.254/xslt?PAGE=C05&THISPAGE=C01&NEXTPAGE=C05 and make sure the power is set to 10.  It probably already is; that seems to be the default.  You'll need the password off the side of the gateway to access that page.  

-- 

oobleck

Message 2 of 2 (1,006 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.