Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Sep 29, 2010
1:31:33 PM
Blackberry or Android app

Are they ever going to make a mobile app for the blackberry or android. I hate that they limit you were you can only do that if you have crappy at&t cell service.

Are they ever going to make a mobile app for the blackberry or android. I hate that they limit you were you can only do that if you have crappy at&t cell service.

Blackberry or Android app

18 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(18)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 30, 2010 8:13:26 AM
(0)
Scholar

+1 for an andorid app

+1 for an andorid app

Re: Blackberry or Android app

2 of 19 (1,952 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 30, 2010 8:26:11 AM
(0)
Contributor

+2 for Android App.... I'll add "please"

+2 for Android App.... I'll add "please"

3 of 19 (1,952 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 1, 2010 7:56:21 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Android app would be nice.  However, it will be only useful to me if the phone doesn't have to have AT&T service.

Android app would be nice.  However, it will be only useful to me if the phone doesn't have to have AT&T service.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 19 (1,952 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 1, 2010 1:57:48 PM
(0)
Mentor

The latest edition of the U-Guide shows the App running on an Android Phone, plus they've stopped calling it the "IPhone" app and now refer to it as the "Mobile" app.   Keep your fingers crossed that it will be soon!

The latest edition of the U-Guide shows the App running on an Android Phone, plus they've stopped calling it the "IPhone" app and now refer to it as the "Mobile" app.   Keep your fingers crossed that it will be soon!

5 of 19 (1,952 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 13, 2010 3:58:41 AM
(0)
Teacher

+1 for Android with non-att cellular service Smiley Happy

I currently have Slingbox wtih DirecTV and it's awesome but I'd love a ATT solution.

+1 for Android with non-att cellular service Smiley Happy

I currently have Slingbox wtih DirecTV and it's awesome but I'd love a ATT solution.

6 of 19 (1,861 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 13, 2010 8:53:56 AM
(0)
Mentor

Android All the way

Android All the way

7 of 19 (1,823 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 13, 2010 1:25:04 PM
(0)
Guru

You won't need AT&T cell service.  You don't even need it with the iPhone app.  (Without hacking it only works over wifi anyway.)

You won't need AT&T cell service.  You don't even need it with the iPhone app.  (Without hacking it only works over wifi anyway.)

8 of 19 (1,798 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 10, 2010 1:39:22 PM
(0)
Scholar

Just to kind of close this out, the Android and Blackberry app launched on 10/18 and the Windows Phone 7 app launched with the new phones on 11/8.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Just to kind of close this out, the Android and Blackberry app launched on 10/18 and the Windows Phone 7 app launched with the new phones on 11/8.

9 of 19 (1,401 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 10, 2010 1:46:21 PM
(0)
Expert

txnroger wrote:

Only for AT&T phones.

U-Verse customers on other providers cannot get this app from the marketplace.

txnroger wrote:

Only for AT&T phones.

10 of 19 (1,397 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 9, 2010 12:03:49 PM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by magic_man185 on Dec 9, 2010 at 12:17:45 PM

[text removed - keep it legal]

Go to settings, applications, allow unknown sources, install the file on the download link of this page.

Works for me.

[text removed - keep it legal]

Go to settings, applications, allow unknown sources, install the file on the download link of this page.

Works for me.

[ Edited ]
11 of 19 (947 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 9, 2010 1:46:20 PM
(0)
Teacher
Edited by 2JZFAN on Dec 9, 2010 at 2:46:07 PM

[text removed - please do not discuss moderator actions]

SomeJoe7777 wrote:

txnroger wrote:

Only for AT&T phones.

While it cannot be downloaded directly from the marketplace it is available online. 

[text removed - please do not discuss moderator actions]

SomeJoe7777 wrote:

txnroger wrote:

Only for AT&T phones.

While it cannot be downloaded directly from the marketplace it is available online. 

[ Edited ]
12 of 19 (910 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 9, 2010 2:06:32 PM
(0)
Expert
Edited by SomeJoe7777 on Dec 9, 2010 at 2:46:25 PM

2JZFAN wrote:

Yes, everyone here is well aware of that.  See this thread.

It doesn't change the fact that AT&T doesn't want links to the .apk posted.  It's their forum, their rules.  The moderator is enforcing them as she's required to.

Don't like it?  Feel free to vent on a different forum.  It won't change the policies here.

2JZFAN wrote:

Yes, everyone here is well aware of that.  See this thread.

It doesn't change the fact that AT&T doesn't want links to the .apk posted.  It's their forum, their rules.  The moderator is enforcing them as she's required to.

Don't like it?  Feel free to vent on a different forum.  It won't change the policies here.

[ Edited ]
13 of 19 (900 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 9, 2010 2:26:51 PM
(0)
Teacher
Edited by 2JZFAN on Dec 9, 2010 at 2:27:13 PM

I really find your stance comical, I also don't see the need for your reply as ATT are big boys & girls.. They can post for themselves.

wendigo wrote:

Just a note that any links to unofficial or hacked apps will be removed. 

-Wendy

The *.APK was not linked, is not unofficial, and or hacked. No need for removal or censorship.

SomeJoe7777 wrote:

wendigo wrote:

The .apk file that is posted elsewhere is neither unofficial nor hacked.  It is simply available in an installer package rather than from the Android Marketplace.  If this is also not permitted in the forum, I understand.

But I just wanted to clarify that the installer package contains the unaltered AT&T application, and it has not been modified or hacked in any way.  It's simply an alternate way to get it installed on your phone.  You still must be a U-Verse subscriber and you must log in for it to work.

This post of your surprisingly is useful and to the point. It seems they didn't want to respond to that one either.

I really find your stance comical, I also don't see the need for your reply as ATT are big boys & girls.. They can post for themselves.

wendigo wrote:

-Wendy

The *.APK was not linked, is not unofficial, and or hacked. No need for removal or censorship.

SomeJoe7777 wrote:

wendigo wrote:

The .apk file that is posted elsewhere is neither unofficial nor hacked.  It is simply available in an installer package rather than from the Android Marketplace.  If this is also not permitted in the forum, I understand.

But I just wanted to clarify that the installer package contains the unaltered AT&T application, and it has not been modified or hacked in any way.  It's simply an alternate way to get it installed on your phone.  You still must be a U-Verse subscriber and you must log in for it to work.

This post of your surprisingly is useful and to the point. It seems they didn't want to respond to that one either.

[ Edited ]
14 of 19 (889 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 9, 2010 2:48:34 PM
(0)
Former Moderator

If that was an official app, please feel free to post a link, or instructions for users to download it through the Android Marketplace or directly from AT&T. 

-Wendy

If that was an official app, please feel free to post a link, or instructions for users to download it through the Android Marketplace or directly from AT&T. 

-Wendy

15 of 19 (876 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 9, 2010 4:06:38 PM
(0)
Tutor

I apologize, I did not consider the legalities of the .apk file, as it is a free app, so it is not technically cracked, as previously pointed out.  However, I fully respect that the moderator removed the link that I posted, and as SomeJoe7777 said, their forum their rules.

I apologize, I did not consider the legalities of the .apk file, as it is a free app, so it is not technically cracked, as previously pointed out.  However, I fully respect that the moderator removed the link that I posted, and as SomeJoe7777 said, their forum their rules.

16 of 19 (849 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 12, 2010 9:58:28 AM
(0)
Guru

The Android app is available from the Android marketplace.  Downloaded and installed it yesterday.  Works very well so far, although I haven't tried all the components.  Guide and access to DVR recordings works great! Smiley Happy

The Android app is available from the Android marketplace.  Downloaded and installed it yesterday.  Works very well so far, although I haven't tried all the components.  Guide and access to DVR recordings works great! Smiley Happy

17 of 19 (796 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 13, 2010 9:50:13 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

TexasEd wrote:

The Android app is available from the Android marketplace. 

Only if you have an AT&T Android phone.  As was noted earlier:

SomeJoe7777 wrote:

TexasEd wrote:

SomeJoe7777 wrote:

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

18 of 19 (765 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 13, 2010 10:26:02 AM
(0)
Guru

JefferMC wrote:

TexasEd wrote:

SomeJoe7777 wrote:

True!  Sorry, I guess I kinda missed that the whole thread was about non-ATT phones. 

JefferMC wrote:

TexasEd wrote:

SomeJoe7777 wrote:

True!  Sorry, I guess I kinda missed that the whole thread was about non-ATT phones. 

19 of 19 (754 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments