Blackberry or Android app

Blackberry or Android app

Are they ever going to make a mobile app for the blackberry or android. I hate that they limit you were you can only do that if you have crappy at&t cell service.

Message 1 of 19 (2,203 Views)
Scholar

Re: Blackberry or Android app

+1 for an andorid app

Message 2 of 19 (2,203 Views)
RJT
Contributor

+2 for Android App.... I'll add "please"

Message 3 of 19 (2,203 Views)
ACE - Expert

Android app would be nice.  However, it will be only useful to me if the phone doesn't have to have AT&T service.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 19 (2,203 Views)
Mentor

The latest edition of the U-Guide shows the App running on an Android Phone, plus they've stopped calling it the "IPhone" app and now refer to it as the "Mobile" app.   Keep your fingers crossed that it will be soon!

Message 5 of 19 (2,203 Views)
Teacher

+1 for Android with non-att cellular service Smiley Happy

I currently have Slingbox wtih DirecTV and it's awesome but I'd love a ATT solution.

Message 6 of 19 (2,112 Views)
Highlighted
Mentor

Android All the way

Message 7 of 19 (2,074 Views)
Guru

You won't need AT&T cell service.  You don't even need it with the iPhone app.  (Without hacking it only works over wifi anyway.)

Message 8 of 19 (2,049 Views)
Scholar

Just to kind of close this out, the Android and Blackberry app launched on 10/18 and the Windows Phone 7 app launched with the new phones on 11/8.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Message 9 of 19 (1,652 Views)
Expert

txnroger wrote:

Just to kind of close this out, the Android and Blackberry app launched on 10/18 and the Windows Phone 7 app launched with the new phones on 11/8.

Only for AT&T phones.

U-Verse customers on other providers cannot get this app from the marketplace.

Message 10 of 19 (1,648 Views)

[ Edited ]

[text removed - keep it legal]

Go to settings, applications, allow unknown sources, install the file on the download link of this page.

Works for me.

Message 11 of 19 (1,198 Views)
Teacher

[ Edited ]

[text removed - please do not discuss moderator actions]

SomeJoe7777 wrote:

txnroger wrote:

Only for AT&T phones.

U-Verse customers on other providers cannot get this app from the marketplace.

While it cannot be downloaded directly from the marketplace it is available online. 

Message 12 of 19 (1,161 Views)
Expert

[ Edited ]

2JZFAN wrote:

While it cannot be downloaded directly from the marketplace it is available online. 

Yes, everyone here is well aware of that.  See this thread.

It doesn't change the fact that AT&T doesn't want links to the .apk posted.  It's their forum, their rules.  The moderator is enforcing them as she's required to.

Don't like it?  Feel free to vent on a different forum.  It won't change the policies here.

Message 13 of 19 (1,151 Views)
Teacher

[ Edited ]

I really find your stance comical, I also don't see the need for your reply as ATT are big boys & girls.. They can post for themselves.

wendigo wrote:

Just a note that any links to unofficial or hacked apps will be removed. 

-Wendy

The *.APK was not linked, is not unofficial, and or hacked. No need for removal or censorship.

SomeJoe7777 wrote:

wendigo wrote:

Just a note that any links to unofficial or hacked apps will be removed. 

The .apk file that is posted elsewhere is neither unofficial nor hacked.  It is simply available in an installer package rather than from the Android Marketplace.  If this is also not permitted in the forum, I understand.

But I just wanted to clarify that the installer package contains the unaltered AT&T application, and it has not been modified or hacked in any way.  It's simply an alternate way to get it installed on your phone.  You still must be a U-Verse subscriber and you must log in for it to work.

This post of your surprisingly is useful and to the point. It seems they didn't want to respond to that one either.

Message 14 of 19 (1,140 Views)
Former Moderator

If that was an official app, please feel free to post a link, or instructions for users to download it through the Android Marketplace or directly from AT&T. 

-Wendy

Message 15 of 19 (1,127 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.