Black UVerse Remote S10-S1

Contributor

Black UVerse Remote S10-S1

I've scored the message board and can't seem to answer the following and would appreciate your help.

Problem:  I have an NEC  LCD300 HD monitor.  Trying to program the black AT&T Remote S10-S1 for the monitor

1. I first tried the listed codes.  No worky

2. Next, I tried using the Help > System Set-up > Program your U-verse Remote.  Tried all of the codes listed.  No dice.

3. I looked for every PDF, manual, post, etc. and tried those codes.  No bananas.

I'm trying to find an auto-search feature, i.e. TV + OK then 955 or something like that.  Every time I try a combination like with three digit code, the TV mode indicators starts a fast blink.

Any ideas for how to get this remote to do an auto search or other guidance apart from what I've already tried?

Thank you!

Message 1 of 12
Expert

Re: Black UVerse Remote S10-S1

Message 2 of 12
Expert

You can also program the remote from your TV:  Menu --> Help --> System Set-up --> Program your U-verse Remote

Message 3 of 12
Contributor

Thanks.  I scrolled further and discovered that you need to hit "TV" plus "Enter" not "AT&T" plus "Enter" and tried to cycle through the codes.  I'm not sure how many distinct codes are in the cycle, but I pushed the button, like, 300 times.  Tried to do this twice.  Still no function.. Any other ideas?  Thanks for your help!

Message 4 of 12
Contributor

Thanks for your reply.  As I stated in #2 above, I tried this step, which took me to a page listing about ten different 4-digit codes to try.  I tried all of these (again) and still no function. Any other ideas?  Thanks again!

Message 5 of 12
ACE - Expert

If you just cannot get the u-verse remote to work and one remote is important to you. The logitech harmony 300 is a reasonably priced alternative. $40 list and often on sale at Radio Shack for $30. Or upgrade to model 700, under $90 at Costco.

Unfortunately, I searched the Logitech website for your 300 model & they do not include support. They support a 3000 model.

The good news is they are learning remotes. If you can get close with a supported model, you can have it learn any remaining buttons.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 12
Master

So davidmims, I would imagine you tried all these NEC codes listed; 1003,1004, 1005 & 1061? In doing a search one obscure new NEC code listed was 1193 and maybe give it a try.

Aviewer, some good info on the Logitech remotes and I should really go that route.

BTW, in doing a search I came across the below Uverse Remote Code list site and wondered if anybody knew who sponsors it? Surely if it was AT&T they would put their name on it.

http://www.uverseremote.com/uverse-remote-control-setup-code-list/

Uniblurb3

If you get to thinking you're a person of influence, try ordering someone else's dog around.

Need help? Contact AT&T at 800-288-2020.
Message 7 of 12
ACE - Expert

uniblurb3,

That code site is interesting. There is a lot there.

If you are interested in the Harmony remotes send me any questions,

The 300 supports one activity - watch TV & you then can push a device button to control that device directly. So, it is very much like the u-verse remote,

The 700 has up to five activities, a very flexible LCD screen for a few "buttons" and is rechargeable. Each activity has its own unique button map. So, the same button could have up to five different meanings. Pressing an activity button initiates all necessary startup actions for that activity.

You can map any supported button definition to any physical button, And, it learns from another remote.

There are two undefined buttons right in the center. I defined one as FF and the other jump back. So, my most used activity is in the most prominent position. FF used to be jump ahead - easy to change. remote is programmed by the computer - no codes.

Before I thought of a reason to try it, I did not think it was worth spending for, but I now think it is many orders of magnitude better than any standard or universal remote.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 8 of 12
Master

Aviewer, thanks for all the Harmony remote info. I've been talking about getting one to control 5 devices for a long time and probably would go for one of the higher end models.

I see where Amazon has the Logitech Harmony 700 for $85, w/free shipping, and may tell my wife/kids it would be a nice Father's Day gift. Smiley Wink

Wonder with the Phase 3 upgrade rolling out to my area soon if the FF/rewind/other buttons would be able to control these new Phase 3 features through the STB/DVR in watching live TV?

Uniblurb3

If you get to thinking you're a person of influence, try ordering someone else's dog around.

Message 9 of 12
ACE - Expert

It sure would make a great fathers day gift.

Not sure what your concern is on the Phase 3 functions. I would expect them to work the same as recorded & live on DVR work now. I frequently apply them to live TV on the DVR.

Another nice feature is that the U-verse STBs all use the same button mapping & different TVs do not. By programing in all the TVs in the house the remote works on every TV/STB in the house. Of course, watch TV can only start up one TV. You need to go to the device settung for a different TV. Unless all your TVs are Panasonic, then they are all the same.

Message 10 of 12
Master

Yep, great gift idea. Smiley Wink

I have no concerns on the Phase 3 functions/improvements listed here. In fact I'm really looking forward to them. The point I was trying to make is that once we can pause, FF, rewind, buffer, etc., on the non-DVR boxes in watching live TV I would assume the Harmony remote would do the controlling of these functions. Since it does so much more than a standard remote can't see why not.

Thanks for the tip on programming multiple TV's/codes into the Harmony 700. Didn't realize it would do that and real nice feature.

I often go between the living room and kitchen and have the same channel on so not to miss anything I'm watching. Guess I wouldn't need the remote for this but would be nice if I had changed the channel on one TV and then could walk in and change the other with the same remote. Wouldn't matter if they were different model TV's since the button mapping is changing the channels on the STB's. Believe that's what you were indicating, aviewer. Smiley Wink

Uniblurb3

Message 11 of 12
ACE - Expert

The live TV FF on any STB really has to use the existing  "buttons" on the remote because at&t is not going to distribute new remotes & they have no way of updating them. On the other hand, the Harmony can be updated over the web at any time.

I was just trying to point out the greater flexibility of the Harmony. Until you experience it you do not expect it.

There is "new" functionality that pops up once you see the full mapping of functionality that is not restricted by physical buttons. Two examples -

The regular remote has one power "toggle" button. But, in some cases there is also a power on and a power off "button". Not sure how useful this is. I prefer to just toggle. But, I can see it could be a help when TV/STB get out of synch.

The other example I do find useful - most TVs have menu driven ability to change inputs. Usually there is also a button to go direct to an input. Switching between HDMI1 and HDMI2 is one click, either direction.

Message 12 of 12
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support