Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Aug 19, 2010
10:18:32 AM
View profile
Bad visit from tech

Had a tech out to replace the defective dvr. The guy told me that he also needed to put in a ticket to line tech because he felt he needed to lower my profile.  He said the upload was the problem.  I told him that I would cancel if they drop it because we use more than 2 HD streams a lot and no problems.  Here are my stats.

2156iD9FE60B924BB57B3

Had a tech out to replace the defective dvr. The guy told me that he also needed to put in a ticket to line tech because he felt he needed to lower my profile.  He said the upload was the problem.  I told him that I would cancel if they drop it because we use more than 2 HD streams a lot and no problems.  Here are my stats.

2156iD9FE60B924BB57B3

Bad visit from tech

8 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(8)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 19, 2010 10:19:58 AM
(0)
Teacher

2158iABC4F6E2CF12F46E

2158iABC4F6E2CF12F46E

Re: Bad visit from tech

2 of 9 (788 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 19, 2010 10:35:04 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

We must wait for the mod to okay your images.  Hopefully someone can help you. 

We must wait for the mod to okay your images.  Hopefully someone can help you. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 9 (788 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 19, 2010 10:44:10 AM
(0)
Teacher

Well after he figured I was pissed off he said that he wouldn't put in a ticket. I'm just curious with my stats and all if im ok.  I never had any problems on the 32/5 profile.

Well after he figured I was pissed off he said that he wouldn't put in a ticket. I'm just curious with my stats and all if im ok.  I never had any problems on the 32/5 profile.

4 of 9 (788 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 19, 2010 11:14:23 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Everything looks good at your distance, think that tech was smoking something if he was looking at what we can see. :smileywink:

Edit: If he was talking about the 4816 upload in your profile, might be able to get the 5040 by doing a factory reset on the RG.  Hold that little button, on the back of the RG, in for at least 20 seconds until the lights flash. 

Know I had a 48-4900 after TS reset my service, every time I unplugged it to get the 5040, it would come back in the 48-4900 range.  Did the factory reset, it came back to 5040 and been there since.

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-866-465-1496 for direct TS to avoid Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Everything looks good at your distance, think that tech was smoking something if he was looking at what we can see. :smileywink:

Edit: If he was talking about the 4816 upload in your profile, might be able to get the 5040 by doing a factory reset on the RG.  Hold that little button, on the back of the RG, in for at least 20 seconds until the lights flash. 

Know I had a 48-4900 after TS reset my service, every time I unplugged it to get the 5040, it would come back in the 48-4900 range.  Did the factory reset, it came back to 5040 and been there since.

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-866-465-1496 for direct TS to avoid Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 9 (788 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 19, 2010 11:18:45 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

I notice that your upstream profile is 4816.  The normal upstream on the 32/5 profile is 5040.

I notice that your upstream profile is 4816.  The normal upstream on the 32/5 profile is 5040.

6 of 9 (788 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 19, 2010 1:40:25 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

I was having issues with my service when I was initially upgraded to the 32/5 profile.  My services were severely intermittent.  The tech had me downgraded to the 25/2 profile and the problems subsided immediately.  After about two weeks after I got SJs app I watched and saw that my profile was 25/2.  But then a week later I noticed I was back at the 32/5 profile and I haven't had any problems since.  I believe ATT is constantly working at resolving the issues with their service.  Some people are not willing to wait or be patient until ATT does, and I understand that you should get the service you are paying for.  That is why it is really good to check out any service/product before you buy or subscribe to it.

I am very happy with what ATT is offering now and I look forward to what they will be offering in the future.  I  have only had great experiences with the csrs in this country and outside of it.  Two of my remotes stopped working and I called ts and the csr sent two out immediately.  A week later another remote stopped working so I called ts and requested two more.  I thought I would have a problem but the csr sent out two more remotes.  I don't have a problem being patient with Uverse.  I have been a sub for over 2 1/2 years, and I don't have a reason to go to any other provider at this time.

I was having issues with my service when I was initially upgraded to the 32/5 profile.  My services were severely intermittent.  The tech had me downgraded to the 25/2 profile and the problems subsided immediately.  After about two weeks after I got SJs app I watched and saw that my profile was 25/2.  But then a week later I noticed I was back at the 32/5 profile and I haven't had any problems since.  I believe ATT is constantly working at resolving the issues with their service.  Some people are not willing to wait or be patient until ATT does, and I understand that you should get the service you are paying for.  That is why it is really good to check out any service/product before you buy or subscribe to it.

I am very happy with what ATT is offering now and I look forward to what they will be offering in the future.  I  have only had great experiences with the csrs in this country and outside of it.  Two of my remotes stopped working and I called ts and the csr sent two out immediately.  A week later another remote stopped working so I called ts and requested two more.  I thought I would have a problem but the csr sent out two more remotes.  I don't have a problem being patient with Uverse.  I have been a sub for over 2 1/2 years, and I don't have a reason to go to any other provider at this time.

7 of 9 (788 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 19, 2010 2:52:52 PM
(0)
Expert

Ya, the upstream number is just shy of what it should be.  I've seen this on several installations, it doesn't ever seem to cause any problems.

Try what Chris suggested, factory reset the RG, see if it will stay at 5040.

Even if it doesn't, if you're not having any problems with pixelation or picture freezes, I wouldn't worry about it.

Ya, the upstream number is just shy of what it should be.  I've seen this on several installations, it doesn't ever seem to cause any problems.

Try what Chris suggested, factory reset the RG, see if it will stay at 5040.

Even if it doesn't, if you're not having any problems with pixelation or picture freezes, I wouldn't worry about it.

8 of 9 (788 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 20, 2010 6:16:05 AM
(0)
Teacher

Thanks for the speedy replies, I will do a factory reset and see what it shows.  I've never had any issues, since the new profile,  so I doubt I will now.  He insisted that it would be a problem later.

Thanks for the speedy replies, I will do a factory reset and see what it shows.  I've never had any issues, since the new profile,  so I doubt I will now.  He insisted that it would be a problem later.

9 of 9 (788 Views)