U-verse Forums

Posted Dec 11, 2010
2:34:57 PM
View profile
Bad Product?: My Uverse Experience By The Numbers

Days I have had Uverse TV service: 6

Days my Uverse TV service has worked: 3

Number of Uverse cable box/receivers that have been in my apartment: 4

Number of Uverse cable box/receivers that have functioned for more than 72 hours: 0 (yet)

Hours I have spent watching shows on Uverse: 2

Hours I have spent waiting for Uverse employees to make my Uverse work: 15

Number of shows I have watched on Uverse: 3

Number of recordings Uverse has deleted: 5

Number of Uverse technicians who have been to my apartment: 3

Number of Uverse technicians who have shown up WITHIN their 4-hour window - 0

Cost of the hour I have spent waiting on Uverse employees if I had billed Uverse at my hourly rate ; $3,000.00.

Chances Uverse has to fix this problem before I find another provider: 1

Dear Uverse: You own me $3,000.00. I will settle for a full credit on my Uverse account for the first month of service. So far, I have received very little benefit from your products and services. If you cannot get a working cable box into my apartment on the next attempt, I will take my business elsewhere, and urge friends and family to do the same.

Days I have had Uverse TV service: 6

Days my Uverse TV service has worked: 3

Number of Uverse cable box/receivers that have been in my apartment: 4

Number of Uverse cable box/receivers that have functioned for more than 72 hours: 0 (yet)

Hours I have spent watching shows on Uverse: 2

Hours I have spent waiting for Uverse employees to make my Uverse work: 15

Number of shows I have watched on Uverse: 3

Number of recordings Uverse has deleted: 5

Number of Uverse technicians who have been to my apartment: 3

Number of Uverse technicians who have shown up WITHIN their 4-hour window - 0

Cost of the hour I have spent waiting on Uverse employees if I had billed Uverse at my hourly rate ; $3,000.00.

Chances Uverse has to fix this problem before I find another provider: 1

Dear Uverse: You own me $3,000.00. I will settle for a full credit on my Uverse account for the first month of service. So far, I have received very little benefit from your products and services. If you cannot get a working cable box into my apartment on the next attempt, I will take my business elsewhere, and urge friends and family to do the same.

Bad Product?: My Uverse Experience By The Numbers

8 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(8)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 11, 2010 3:44:36 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

If you are interested you can contact David using the hyperlink in my sig.  He is a tier 2 tech at ATT.  Give him all of your info and he or a member of his staff will be in touch with you.  They have helped lots of people with a wide variety of problems.

If you are interested you can contact David using the hyperlink in my sig.  He is a tier 2 tech at ATT.  Give him all of your info and he or a member of his staff will be in touch with you.  They have helped lots of people with a wide variety of problems.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Bad Product?: My Uverse Experience By The Numbers

2 of 9 (1,256 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 13, 2010 11:00:27 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Can you post your screenshots from U-Verse Realtime? http://uverserealtime.com/

Can you post your screenshots from U-Verse Realtime? http://uverserealtime.com/

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 9 (1,162 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 13, 2010 11:08:49 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by dhascall on Dec 13, 2010 at 11:09:13 AM

ssb12law wrote:

Days I have had Uverse TV service: appx 800

Days my Uverse TV service has worked: appx 800 (some days had some issues - pixelation maybe a total of 10?)

Number of Uverse cable box/receivers that have been in my apartment (mine is a house): 3 DVR's (Two replaced - one due to lightning) and 2 STB's (one replaced - lightning)

Number of Uverse cable box/receivers that have functioned for more than 72 hours: All

Hours I have spent watching shows on Uverse: Many Thousands

Hours I have spent waiting for Uverse employees to make my Uverse work: 15 - about the same.  Over two plus years

Number of shows I have watched on Uverse: Thousands - and to be able to record 4 shows @ once and watch them on every TV is priceless

Number of recordings Uverse has deleted: None - I have never lost shows other than when the box was replaced

Number of Uverse technicians who have been to my apartment: 7 - over two + years

Number of Uverse technicians who have shown up WITHIN their 4-hour window - All

Cost of the hour I have spent waiting on Uverse employees if I had billed Uverse at my hourly rate ; $3,000.00.  Huh?  Care to explain?!

Chances Uverse has to fix this problem before I find another provider: NA

Not everyone has had the bad experience that you have.  95% of U-Verse subscribers have no contract and have a 30 day MB Guarantee.  There are some installations/ cases that U-Verse is not right for.  Good luck with whatever service that you switch to, I'm sure that it will be perfect.

ssb12law wrote:

Days I have had Uverse TV service: appx 800

Days my Uverse TV service has worked: appx 800 (some days had some issues - pixelation maybe a total of 10?)

Number of Uverse cable box/receivers that have been in my apartment (mine is a house): 3 DVR's (Two replaced - one due to lightning) and 2 STB's (one replaced - lightning)

Number of Uverse cable box/receivers that have functioned for more than 72 hours: All

Hours I have spent watching shows on Uverse: Many Thousands

Hours I have spent waiting for Uverse employees to make my Uverse work: 15 - about the same.  Over two plus years

Number of shows I have watched on Uverse: Thousands - and to be able to record 4 shows @ once and watch them on every TV is priceless

Number of recordings Uverse has deleted: None - I have never lost shows other than when the box was replaced

Number of Uverse technicians who have been to my apartment: 7 - over two + years

Number of Uverse technicians who have shown up WITHIN their 4-hour window - All

Cost of the hour I have spent waiting on Uverse employees if I had billed Uverse at my hourly rate ; $3,000.00.  Huh?  Care to explain?!

Chances Uverse has to fix this problem before I find another provider: NA

Not everyone has had the bad experience that you have.  95% of U-Verse subscribers have no contract and have a 30 day MB Guarantee.  There are some installations/ cases that U-Verse is not right for.  Good luck with whatever service that you switch to, I'm sure that it will be perfect.

[ Edited ]
4 of 9 (1,153 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 14, 2010 3:31:23 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

I guess that the OP will not be providing his / her UVerse Realtime screenshots?

I guess that the OP will not be providing his / her UVerse Realtime screenshots?

5 of 9 (1,089 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 14, 2010 3:32:51 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

By the numbers?  Doesn't look good.

By the numbers?  Doesn't look good.

6 of 9 (1,083 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 15, 2010 3:57:21 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

I want a job where I make $200/hr.  breaking down what he would charge that's a heck of a job. $416k per year. Not too shabby.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

I want a job where I make $200/hr.  breaking down what he would charge that's a heck of a job. $416k per year. Not too shabby.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

7 of 9 (1,037 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 15, 2010 12:40:01 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

I charge $3000 per hour to read that OP's nonsense.  I do not think that we will be hearing from him.  The odd thing is he never said what didn't work.

I charge $3000 per hour to read that OP's nonsense.  I do not think that we will be hearing from him.  The odd thing is he never said what didn't work.

8 of 9 (968 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 15, 2010 1:20:12 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

I decided it was just too much to read.  I didn't want to spend the time.  Not that the OP didn't have a right to make a post that long.  But since we are subs with no way to officially resolve issues, I decided to let somebody else read it.

I decided it was just too much to read.  I didn't want to spend the time.  Not that the OP didn't have a right to make a post that long.  But since we are subs with no way to officially resolve issues, I decided to let somebody else read it.

9 of 9 (953 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments