Audio dropout problem -- NOT 5.1 related

Highlighted
Mentor

Audio dropout problem -- NOT 5.1 related

While watching the NBA game between the Lakers and Celtics last night, we experienced constant audio dropouts.  It seemed to exactly match the description that many on this forum have complained about with their 5.1 audio systems.  However, unfortunately we have no such system and were just using the speakers in our TV (Vizio 47" LED) which until now has performed perfectly.  Today, everything seemed to work properly.

Anyone else have these problems or is this probably some sort of problem with my installation.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Message 1 of 6 (1,385 Views)
Employee

Re: Audio dropout problem -- NOT 5.1 related

psbecker if the problem was temporary it may have been the feed from the local station on either the station's end or the at&t's end. Someone else may have a better reason. I have noticed the problem on live feeds on another vendor.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 6 (1,385 Views)
Mentor

The audio dropout problems with U Verse have been occurring for many months and are still unresolved...usually occcurring on 5.1 channels.  I attempted to watch Treasure of the Sierra Madre tonight in high def and the dropouts were very frequent.

Just where is ATT's technical team on this?  We are paying an extra fee every month for high definition.

And please...no more 'we're working on this' answers, ATT. You've been working on it for months.  Where is the solution??

Message 3 of 6 (1,385 Views)
Tutor

Having the same issue with my DVR STB.  I normally watch just through the TV speakers but watch sports and movies on 5.1.  Either way, the audio drop offs are very noticeable and every few minutes.

Message 4 of 6 (1,253 Views)
Expert

Actually, an ATT Engineer is in this Forum requesting direct info from users. Smiley Wink

Post Feedback Here

Message 5 of 6 (1,212 Views)
Tutor

I just posted there but this thread I think is for non 5.1 surround setup.  My audio drops out via just stereo via HDMI cable as well.

Message 6 of 6 (1,176 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.