Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jun 23, 2010
8:21:45 PM
Attaching wireless router to Motorola 2210

I've been a U-Verse customer since late April.  When my service was activated I was sent a Motorola 2210 modem.  When I called to see why I had been sent a modem without wireless, I was told that the other version was out of stock until early July, and I should just go out and buy my own wireless router.  Just picked up a "Belkin Play" router from Best Buy, and I can't figure out how to get internet working.

My girlfriend and I both have Macs.  I hook up the router, and airport detects the signal.  I enter the WPA/WPA2 info.  It looks like I'm connected to the internet (airport shows connection to the network), but I can't transmit any data.  Hooking one laptop up to the Motorola via ethernet cable works fine, as does setting the router to "access point" mode - although for some reason only one laptop at a time can connect to the network when the router is set this way (you get an error that the IP address is already in use by a different computer).

I called tech support last night and was on the phone for a couple hours.  At the end of the call the tech advised me to contact the sales department and ask them to send me the 2Wire modem with wireless.  I thought I'd search around to see if anyone else has had a similar problem online, but I'm not computer savvy enough to understand the discussions going on out there.  I've seen suggestions to set the modem in "bridge" mode, change IP addresses, use public IPs, etc., and I don't really see how to do any of it on the modem's settings page (http://192.186.1.254/).

Can anyone tell me how to get this working, or is the tech correct that it is impossible?

I've been a U-Verse customer since late April.  When my service was activated I was sent a Motorola 2210 modem.  When I called to see why I had been sent a modem without wireless, I was told that the other version was out of stock until early July, and I should just go out and buy my own wireless router.  Just picked up a "Belkin Play" router from Best Buy, and I can't figure out how to get internet working.

My girlfriend and I both have Macs.  I hook up the router, and airport detects the signal.  I enter the WPA/WPA2 info.  It looks like I'm connected to the internet (airport shows connection to the network), but I can't transmit any data.  Hooking one laptop up to the Motorola via ethernet cable works fine, as does setting the router to "access point" mode - although for some reason only one laptop at a time can connect to the network when the router is set this way (you get an error that the IP address is already in use by a different computer).

I called tech support last night and was on the phone for a couple hours.  At the end of the call the tech advised me to contact the sales department and ask them to send me the 2Wire modem with wireless.  I thought I'd search around to see if anyone else has had a similar problem online, but I'm not computer savvy enough to understand the discussions going on out there.  I've seen suggestions to set the modem in "bridge" mode, change IP addresses, use public IPs, etc., and I don't really see how to do any of it on the modem's settings page (http://192.186.1.254/).

Can anyone tell me how to get this working, or is the tech correct that it is impossible?

Attaching wireless router to Motorola 2210

18 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(18)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 24, 2010 5:37:57 PM
(0)
Scholar

http://broadband.motorola.com/consumers/products/2210-02/downloads/2210-02_UserManual.pdf

That modem appears to be a plain DSL modem.  Are you sure you have Uverse?  I'm suspecting you might have AT&T DSL High Speed Internet.  I don't believe that modem should work with Uverse - which is vDSL.

But generally speaking, with AT&T's DSL services, you will either need to go to the configuration page on the modem and put in your login and password credentials you created or were assigned with your AT&T account - in order for the modem to manage the PPPoE login.  Or, you can put the modem in bridge mode, and allow your DLink router or whatever router you bought to do the PPPoE login.

As per your question of one device working at a time, depending upon how your modem is configured, it can be typical for the modem to hand a single IP address to the device plugged into it.  You usually will need to power cycle the modem before you plug another device into it.  If you want to use multiple computers behind the modem, then it typical to put a router (DLink, Linksys/Cisco, NetGear, etc) in behind your modem, and place all your computers behind that router - which will share your connection with multiple computers.

Here again, you will need to go through the setup wizard on your modem to put in your PPPoE login - your username and password associated with your AT&T account.

This function is performed automatically by the RG provided to Uverse customers - hence most Uverse customers on this forum won't be dealing with this stuff.

http://broadband.motorola.com/consumers/products/2210-02/downloads/2210-02_UserManual.pdf

That modem appears to be a plain DSL modem.  Are you sure you have Uverse?  I'm suspecting you might have AT&T DSL High Speed Internet.  I don't believe that modem should work with Uverse - which is vDSL.

But generally speaking, with AT&T's DSL services, you will either need to go to the configuration page on the modem and put in your login and password credentials you created or were assigned with your AT&T account - in order for the modem to manage the PPPoE login.  Or, you can put the modem in bridge mode, and allow your DLink router or whatever router you bought to do the PPPoE login.

As per your question of one device working at a time, depending upon how your modem is configured, it can be typical for the modem to hand a single IP address to the device plugged into it.  You usually will need to power cycle the modem before you plug another device into it.  If you want to use multiple computers behind the modem, then it typical to put a router (DLink, Linksys/Cisco, NetGear, etc) in behind your modem, and place all your computers behind that router - which will share your connection with multiple computers.

Here again, you will need to go through the setup wizard on your modem to put in your PPPoE login - your username and password associated with your AT&T account.

This function is performed automatically by the RG provided to Uverse customers - hence most Uverse customers on this forum won't be dealing with this stuff.

Re: Attaching wireless router to Motorola 2210

2 of 19 (7,290 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 28, 2010 4:31:01 PM
(0)
Tutor

>> That modem appears to be a plain DSL modem.  Are you sure you have Uverse?  I'm suspecting you might have AT&T DSL High Speed Internet.  I don't believe that modem should work with Uverse - which is vDSL.

Thanks for the reply - I'm really shocked that no one here has any suggestions about how to get this working.

The service is definitely U-Verse, and the modem is definitely not a standard DSL modem.  There's a bunch of info online about it - somehow it works with ADSL2/2+ not ADSL.

I've read a lot of different posts about "bridge mode", but it doesn't seem like this modem has any setting to do that on the configuration page.  It doesn't seem like anyone has figured this out yet, including ATT tech support.

Can't say that I'm a particularly happy customer right now.

>> That modem appears to be a plain DSL modem.  Are you sure you have Uverse?  I'm suspecting you might have AT&T DSL High Speed Internet.  I don't believe that modem should work with Uverse - which is vDSL.

Thanks for the reply - I'm really shocked that no one here has any suggestions about how to get this working.

The service is definitely U-Verse, and the modem is definitely not a standard DSL modem.  There's a bunch of info online about it - somehow it works with ADSL2/2+ not ADSL.

I've read a lot of different posts about "bridge mode", but it doesn't seem like this modem has any setting to do that on the configuration page.  It doesn't seem like anyone has figured this out yet, including ATT tech support.

Can't say that I'm a particularly happy customer right now.

3 of 19 (7,290 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 28, 2010 5:02:14 PM
(0)
Scholar

So are you suggesting AT&T tech support has not been able to walk you through getting a single PC up and working with the modem they provide?  I'm shocked.

Honestly, in most cases, if you have an Apple Airport base station like you describe, the procedure to get your machines up behind it would be:

1) Plug modem into POTS line, and plug WAN / Internet port on Apple Airport into the Ethernet jack on the Motorola Modem.

2)  Pubg in / turn on Motorola Modem, wait for the lights to stabilize (you want the DSL light to be solid Green)

3)  Plug in / turn on Apple Airport.

4)  Visit http://192.168.1.254/ in a web browser, and complete the wizard.

If this procedure doesn't work, report back here with what you have tried, and where things are breaking down.

So are you suggesting AT&T tech support has not been able to walk you through getting a single PC up and working with the modem they provide?  I'm shocked.

Honestly, in most cases, if you have an Apple Airport base station like you describe, the procedure to get your machines up behind it would be:

1) Plug modem into POTS line, and plug WAN / Internet port on Apple Airport into the Ethernet jack on the Motorola Modem.

2)  Pubg in / turn on Motorola Modem, wait for the lights to stabilize (you want the DSL light to be solid Green)

3)  Plug in / turn on Apple Airport.

4)  Visit http://192.168.1.254/ in a web browser, and complete the wizard.

If this procedure doesn't work, report back here with what you have tried, and where things are breaking down.

4 of 19 (7,290 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 5, 2010 2:37:53 PM
(0)
Tutor

>> So are you suggesting AT&T tech support has not been able to walk you through getting a single PC up and working with the modem they provide?  I'm shocked.

They can get my computer working with the modem that they sent if I just plug in my laptop via the ethernet port.  Where we're stuck, is that they can't get the modem to work properly with the wireless router that I was advised to buy (a Belkin "Play" model).  I was given a credit to go buy the router because there were no wireless gateways available for U-Verse when I activated my service.

Here's what I have:

- 2 laptops running mac OSX

- 1 motorola 2210 modem 

- 1 Belkin Play wireless router

I follow your procedure exactly as you wrote.  What happens is...nothing.  The modem lights up as though it's working fine, the router broadcasts it's feed and you can get on it via the laptops by putting in the appropriate factory WPA key, but there is no actual service (can't load webpages, etc.).

Currently I have the router set to "access" point, so it is just broadcasting a signal.  That works fine for one laptop, but only one computer at a time can use the internet.  If my girlfriend is using the internet on her computer, and I try to log in as well I get an error message that the IP Address is in use.

I'm not sure what the problem is, and neither is AT&T tech support.  They've told me to call the sales department and ask to be sent the wireless gateway, but I really don't want to have to spend the money after getting this router.

>> So are you suggesting AT&T tech support has not been able to walk you through getting a single PC up and working with the modem they provide?  I'm shocked.

They can get my computer working with the modem that they sent if I just plug in my laptop via the ethernet port.  Where we're stuck, is that they can't get the modem to work properly with the wireless router that I was advised to buy (a Belkin "Play" model).  I was given a credit to go buy the router because there were no wireless gateways available for U-Verse when I activated my service.

Here's what I have:

- 2 laptops running mac OSX

- 1 motorola 2210 modem 

- 1 Belkin Play wireless router

I follow your procedure exactly as you wrote.  What happens is...nothing.  The modem lights up as though it's working fine, the router broadcasts it's feed and you can get on it via the laptops by putting in the appropriate factory WPA key, but there is no actual service (can't load webpages, etc.).

Currently I have the router set to "access" point, so it is just broadcasting a signal.  That works fine for one laptop, but only one computer at a time can use the internet.  If my girlfriend is using the internet on her computer, and I try to log in as well I get an error message that the IP Address is in use.

I'm not sure what the problem is, and neither is AT&T tech support.  They've told me to call the sales department and ask to be sent the wireless gateway, but I really don't want to have to spend the money after getting this router.

5 of 19 (7,290 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 5, 2010 3:14:43 PM
(0)
Tutor

Yeah thats an IPDSLAM account.. Uses same modems as DSL but diff. firmware. Does not use PPoE like regular dsl. Unfortunately in the situation that you are in, you will get NO help from att. Only because you are using a 3rd party router and they do not support that. Yeah i dont think those modems support bridge mode. and best bet would be to ask sales about 2wire modem, and ask if you have to pay for it or not.

Yeah thats an IPDSLAM account.. Uses same modems as DSL but diff. firmware. Does not use PPoE like regular dsl. Unfortunately in the situation that you are in, you will get NO help from att. Only because you are using a 3rd party router and they do not support that. Yeah i dont think those modems support bridge mode. and best bet would be to ask sales about 2wire modem, and ask if you have to pay for it or not.

6 of 19 (7,290 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 5, 2010 4:06:05 PM
(0)
Scholar

Well the Motorola usually doesn't treat a router any different than a computer.  So if you merely plug your computer into the Motorol after it boots, and your computer is issued and IP address - and it works, then you should be able to followt the same procedures - but plugging your new Belkin Play router in as shown in the instructions that came with the Belkin device.

It's WAN port (the yellow one) should be issued an IP address, and you should then be able to follow the setup instructions that came with the Belkin.

Well the Motorola usually doesn't treat a router any different than a computer.  So if you merely plug your computer into the Motorol after it boots, and your computer is issued and IP address - and it works, then you should be able to followt the same procedures - but plugging your new Belkin Play router in as shown in the instructions that came with the Belkin device.

It's WAN port (the yellow one) should be issued an IP address, and you should then be able to follow the setup instructions that came with the Belkin.

7 of 19 (7,290 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 11, 2010 2:19:38 PM
(0)
Tutor

>> It's WAN port (the yellow one) should be issued an IP address, and you should then be able to follow the setup instructions that came with the Belkin.

It would sure be nice if that happened, but it doesn't.  guess I'll try to get a new modem sent my way tomorrow.

>> It's WAN port (the yellow one) should be issued an IP address, and you should then be able to follow the setup instructions that came with the Belkin.

It would sure be nice if that happened, but it doesn't.  guess I'll try to get a new modem sent my way tomorrow.

8 of 19 (7,290 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 15, 2010 2:32:38 PM
(0)
Tutor

Have you tried the Motorola with a router yet? I have the 2wire but would rather get the Motorola since I'm not using the wireless on the 2wire.

Have you tried the Motorola with a router yet? I have the 2wire but would rather get the Motorola since I'm not using the wireless on the 2wire.

9 of 19 (7,290 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 20, 2010 8:31:11 PM
(0)
Contributor

I have the same Uverse/Motorola 2210 connected via ethernet cable to a 3rd party router setup and am having identical problems.  I have tried both an Airport Extreme and a Linksys Wireless G router neither of which will connect me to the internet even though I am showing full signal strength on my mac.  The only way I have thus far been able to get internet is to configure the wireless settings on my computer manually (i.e. static IP address, subnet mask, router IP, and DNS servers) rather than allowing it to configure via DHCP.  Unfortunately my roommate has a windows machine and configuring the wireless settings manually has done nothing.  Anyone with any ideas?

I have the same Uverse/Motorola 2210 connected via ethernet cable to a 3rd party router setup and am having identical problems.  I have tried both an Airport Extreme and a Linksys Wireless G router neither of which will connect me to the internet even though I am showing full signal strength on my mac.  The only way I have thus far been able to get internet is to configure the wireless settings on my computer manually (i.e. static IP address, subnet mask, router IP, and DNS servers) rather than allowing it to configure via DHCP.  Unfortunately my roommate has a windows machine and configuring the wireless settings manually has done nothing.  Anyone with any ideas?

10 of 19 (7,291 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 21, 2010 10:47:39 PM
(0)
Contributor

I'm having the same problem. Please post if you figure anything out!

I'm having the same problem. Please post if you figure anything out!

11 of 19 (6,001 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 23, 2010 12:22:33 AM
(0)
Contributor

I helped a friend with the exact same problem today.  She was also told by the AT&T rep to put the modem in 'bridge mode.'  This didn't help.

What I had her do was set up the wireless router on a different network to avoid IP conflicts.

1, Disconnect the router from the modem.

2. Connect the computer to the router.

3. Log into the router.  Usually it's 192.168.1.1 via Internet Explorer

4. Under Network setup, there should be an option for IP setting or LAN setting.   It should be 192.168.1.1 (or the address you used to log into router)  Change it to 192.168.2.1.  Also change the 'Start IP Address' field to 192.168.2.2

5. Save settings.

6.  Connect the router to the modem.  The modem should assign your router an IP address starting with 192.168.1 and the router in turn will assign your modem another IP address starting with 192.168.2.

The downside with this configuration is that it makes port forwarding a bit more tricky.

If you want more information, google 'cascade router modem'.  example URL: http://www.corenetworkz.com/2009/04/how-to-add-wireless-router-to-your.html

I helped a friend with the exact same problem today.  She was also told by the AT&T rep to put the modem in 'bridge mode.'  This didn't help.

What I had her do was set up the wireless router on a different network to avoid IP conflicts.

1, Disconnect the router from the modem.

2. Connect the computer to the router.

3. Log into the router.  Usually it's 192.168.1.1 via Internet Explorer

4. Under Network setup, there should be an option for IP setting or LAN setting.   It should be 192.168.1.1 (or the address you used to log into router)  Change it to 192.168.2.1.  Also change the 'Start IP Address' field to 192.168.2.2

5. Save settings.

6.  Connect the router to the modem.  The modem should assign your router an IP address starting with 192.168.1 and the router in turn will assign your modem another IP address starting with 192.168.2.

The downside with this configuration is that it makes port forwarding a bit more tricky.

If you want more information, google 'cascade router modem'.  example URL: http://www.corenetworkz.com/2009/04/how-to-add-wireless-router-to-your.html

12 of 19 (6,001 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 29, 2010 10:50:55 AM
(0)
Tutor

dalownerx3 wrote:

I'm not really sure what I'm doing wrong, but I followed your guide and made sure that the IP addresses didn't conflict.  The modem is set as 192.168.1.254 and the router is set at 192.168.2.1 with the start at 192.168.2.2.

I still have the same problem - plug it all in together and...nothing.  You can sign into the wireless network, it shows a strong signal, it shows that you have an IP address starting with 192.168.2 and that the modem is giving it the IP address 192.168.1.254, but nothing happens.  I can't connect to webpages, download things, do a ping, etc.

This is what the modem homepage says when I log in (I have to plug the computer directly in the modem to pull this up):

DSLUP
Internet ConnectionUP
Downstream Rate1534 Kbps
Upstream Rate383 Kbps
Internet IP Address99.112.102.24
Internet Gateway Address99.112.100.1
DNS Servers68.94.156.1  dnsr1.sbcglobal.net
  68.94.157.1  dnsr2.sbcglobal.net
Modem Information
Modem NameMotorola
Model2210-02
Serial Number146304799872
Software Version7.8.1r7
MAC Address00:22:10:72:14:80
First Use Date2010/05/10 20:22:19 GMT
Local Network
Modem IP Address192.168.1.254
Ethernet StatusConnected

...and this is what the router page says:

Language

Current Language            English

Available Languages           

Time            July 29, 2010  10:48:01 AM

Version Info

Hardware            F7D4302 v1000

Firmware            1.00.14 (Feb 9 2010)

Boot Loader            0.06e

Serial No.            121009G4121019

Internet Settings

WAN MAC Address            94:44:52:1B:21:EC

Connection Type            Dynamic

WAN IP            99.112.102.24

Subnet Mask            255.255.0.0

Default Gateway            99.112.100.1

DNS Address            192.168.1.254

LAN Settings

LAN/WLAN MAC            94:44:52:1B:21:EB

IP Address            192.168.2.1

Subnet Mask            255.255.255.0

DHCP Server            Enabled (1 LAN, 1 WLAN Clients)

Features           

Firewall Settings            Enabled

SSID            Belkin.51EB

Security            WPA-Personal ( PSK )

UPnP            Enabled

Remote Management            Disabled

WPS            Enabled

Guest Access            Disabled

SSID            Belkin.51EB.guests

Password/PSK            EE32D23244

dalownerx3 wrote:

I'm not really sure what I'm doing wrong, but I followed your guide and made sure that the IP addresses didn't conflict.  The modem is set as 192.168.1.254 and the router is set at 192.168.2.1 with the start at 192.168.2.2.

I still have the same problem - plug it all in together and...nothing.  You can sign into the wireless network, it shows a strong signal, it shows that you have an IP address starting with 192.168.2 and that the modem is giving it the IP address 192.168.1.254, but nothing happens.  I can't connect to webpages, download things, do a ping, etc.

This is what the modem homepage says when I log in (I have to plug the computer directly in the modem to pull this up):

DSLUP
Internet ConnectionUP
Downstream Rate1534 Kbps
Upstream Rate383 Kbps
Internet IP Address99.112.102.24
Internet Gateway Address99.112.100.1
DNS Servers68.94.156.1  dnsr1.sbcglobal.net
  68.94.157.1  dnsr2.sbcglobal.net
Modem Information
Modem NameMotorola
Model2210-02
Serial Number146304799872
Software Version7.8.1r7
MAC Address00:22:10:72:14:80
First Use Date2010/05/10 20:22:19 GMT
Local Network
Modem IP Address192.168.1.254
Ethernet StatusConnected

...and this is what the router page says:

Language

Current Language            English

Available Languages           

Time            July 29, 2010  10:48:01 AM

Version Info

Hardware            F7D4302 v1000

Firmware            1.00.14 (Feb 9 2010)

Boot Loader            0.06e

Serial No.            121009G4121019

Internet Settings

WAN MAC Address            94:44:52:1B:21:EC

Connection Type            Dynamic

WAN IP            99.112.102.24

Subnet Mask            255.255.0.0

Default Gateway            99.112.100.1

DNS Address            192.168.1.254

LAN Settings

LAN/WLAN MAC            94:44:52:1B:21:EB

IP Address            192.168.2.1

Subnet Mask            255.255.255.0

DHCP Server            Enabled (1 LAN, 1 WLAN Clients)

Features           

Firewall Settings            Enabled

SSID            Belkin.51EB

Security            WPA-Personal ( PSK )

UPnP            Enabled

Remote Management            Disabled

WPS            Enabled

Guest Access            Disabled

SSID            Belkin.51EB.guests

Password/PSK            EE32D23244

13 of 19 (6,001 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 5, 2010 7:25:55 PM
(0)
Contributor

Ok, dalownerx3,

Credit where it's due.  I did everything (except the Start IP thing) and it worked like a charm.  I was getting very frustrated but you saved me.  Nice work, man.  Thank you.

Ok, dalownerx3,

Credit where it's due.  I did everything (except the Start IP thing) and it worked like a charm.  I was getting very frustrated but you saved me.  Nice work, man.  Thank you.

14 of 19 (6,001 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 6, 2010 8:32:53 AM
(0)
Master

The 2210-02 is touted as a triple play gateway router and has pretty much everything an RG (including firewall, DHCP and routing capabilities) has except wireless. It is also ADSL not VDSL. Unlike the RG  for VDSL, the moto 2210 can be set to bridge or bridge/router mode. So, it becomes a bit more complicated. You can either let the 2210 logon and then put your router in DMZ on the 2210 or you can set the 2210 in bridge mode and let the router handle logon.

http://cache-www.belkin.com/support/dl/man_f7d4301_v1_8820-00380_playmax_router.pdf

http://broadband.motorola.com/consumers/products/2210-02/downloads/2210-02-10NA-UserGuide.pdf

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.

The 2210-02 is touted as a triple play gateway router and has pretty much everything an RG (including firewall, DHCP and routing capabilities) has except wireless. It is also ADSL not VDSL. Unlike the RG  for VDSL, the moto 2210 can be set to bridge or bridge/router mode. So, it becomes a bit more complicated. You can either let the 2210 logon and then put your router in DMZ on the 2210 or you can set the 2210 in bridge mode and let the router handle logon.

http://cache-www.belkin.com/support/dl/man_f7d4301_v1_8820-00380_playmax_router.pdf

http://broadband.motorola.com/consumers/products/2210-02/downloads/2210-02-10NA-UserGuide.pdf

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.

neon_sign.jpg

15 of 19 (6,001 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 8, 2010 10:54:22 PM
(0)
Contributor

Hello, I just signed up for u-verse service, (confusing as I got DSL) and I got a newer version of the Motorola 2210.

I have a belkin router hooked up, and I have service. But when I try to forward a port, the modem causes problems.

If only I would have just bought a thrid party modem where I could establish a PPPoE connection through the router..

With this version of the motorola 2210, there is no configuation interface that I can find that would allow for bridged mode, which is what I need.  Is anyone running this modem? Is there a hidden interface I can use? eg 192.168.1.254/secretconfig  

The best thing is that I singed up for this service with no equipment ordered, the order was put on hold and I was told I needed this modem.  Big mistake, I don't need it, and it's a waste of money afaik. I'm glad sales/support knows what they are talking about. Smiley Happy

Thanks for any help/

Hello, I just signed up for u-verse service, (confusing as I got DSL) and I got a newer version of the Motorola 2210.

I have a belkin router hooked up, and I have service. But when I try to forward a port, the modem causes problems.

If only I would have just bought a thrid party modem where I could establish a PPPoE connection through the router..

With this version of the motorola 2210, there is no configuation interface that I can find that would allow for bridged mode, which is what I need.  Is anyone running this modem? Is there a hidden interface I can use? eg 192.168.1.254/secretconfig  

The best thing is that I singed up for this service with no equipment ordered, the order was put on hold and I was told I needed this modem.  Big mistake, I don't need it, and it's a waste of money afaik. I'm glad sales/support knows what they are talking about. Smiley Happy

Thanks for any help/

16 of 19 (5,601 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 9, 2010 3:41:00 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

If you are changing from DSL to UVerse you will need a new UVerse RG (Remote Gateway).  The RG is your modem for UVerse.  Your DSL modem will not work with UVerse

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

If you are changing from DSL to UVerse you will need a new UVerse RG (Remote Gateway).  The RG is your modem for UVerse.  Your DSL modem will not work with UVerse

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

17 of 19 (5,585 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 9, 2010 8:10:26 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

One thing we will need to watch out for:

I understand that AT&T is branding their new ADSL2+ service as U-verse, where it actually has nothing to do with U-verse as we know it.  I believe that's what we have here.

One thing we will need to watch out for:

I understand that AT&T is branding their new ADSL2+ service as U-verse, where it actually has nothing to do with U-verse as we know it.  I believe that's what we have here.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

18 of 19 (5,566 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 9, 2010 9:23:41 AM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by Datz on Dec 9, 2010 at 9:24:42 AM

Hi, yes I believe I have the new ADSL2 service. I have a Motorola 2210-02-1ATT.  I blelieve it may also be known as "2210-02-1002" Basically, I am having trouble forwarding a port. I think I need to set the modem to bridge mode, as you can with similar 2210 modems, but there is not that option.  There is only an option for "Yes, use public IP address or No, use private IP address.  I tried the option use public address, but there seem to be some gateway issues between my router and the modem.  I believe the modem has some sort of DHCP mode.

thanks for any help,

datz

Hi, yes I believe I have the new ADSL2 service. I have a Motorola 2210-02-1ATT.  I blelieve it may also be known as "2210-02-1002" Basically, I am having trouble forwarding a port. I think I need to set the modem to bridge mode, as you can with similar 2210 modems, but there is not that option.  There is only an option for "Yes, use public IP address or No, use private IP address.  I tried the option use public address, but there seem to be some gateway issues between my router and the modem.  I believe the modem has some sort of DHCP mode.

thanks for any help,

datz

[ Edited ]
19 of 19 (5,553 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments