Apple Mail vs. Bellsouth email servers and why they can't get along

Contributor

Apple Mail vs. Bellsouth email servers and why they can't get along

I don't know about anyone else but I have NEVER been able to get AT&T email to work with Mac Mail. I'm running 10.6.3 and I've tried connecting via POP both using SSL and not. Never works. Can't seem to find an answer Googling. My Gmail, personal domain, and work emails all function as normal, they are a combination of POP and IMAP. I am a sys admin by trade so I know what the I'm doing behind the keyboard. Here's a screen of the error message that Mail gives when trying to connect to pop.att.yahoo.com.

1632i6DA9BE15784244DF

Ever since they moved to Yahoo (which is a total joke in the first place) it has never worked.

Anyone else out there with a possible solution? Thanks

Message 1 of 4 (2,837 Views)
Teacher

Re: Apple Mail vs. Bellsouth email servers and why they can't get along

My mother uses a Mac and I've had nothing but headaches trying to get Apple mail to work with Uverse wireless. It worked for awhile and then stopped for no reason. Then after days of fiddling it would start again. I got a Gmail account for my mother and its worked fine ever since.

Message 2 of 4 (2,837 Views)
Master

I am using POP and so far have had good results and I am running 10.6.3 using Mac Mail but I will say I have had those

messages but not frequently so I will chalk it up to the servers.

Message 3 of 4 (2,837 Views)
Highlighted
Contributor

I have only been a Uverse customer for a month, but have had no problems with Apple mail. Here are some of my settings:

incoming server: pop.att.yahoo.com

outgoing server:smtp.att.yahoo.com

port 995 use SSL

password authentication

What settings are you using?

Message 4 of 4 (2,837 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.