Anyone else notice or question ?

Teacher

Anyone else notice or question ?

I had at&t dsl and it worked great, now I have uverse and im having all kinds of internal network issues. I've spent HOURS doing research in order to stabalize my internal LAN with U-verse... Can anyone tell me, does the 2-wire modem/router support loopback ? If so how do I correct the loopback issue.
Message 1 of 7 (293 Views)
Employee

Re: Anyone else notice or question ?

dillio1973 wrote:
I had at&t dsl and it worked great, now I have uverse and im having all kinds of internal network issues. I've spent HOURS doing research in order to stabalize my internal LAN with U-verse... Can anyone tell me, does the 2-wire modem/router support loopback ? If so how do I correct the loopback issue.

There is no loopback in the RG.There is no need for loopback in the RG. It does support and use the loopback address 127.0.0.1, which is a convention of the TCP/IP protocol suite.

What kind of problem are you having?

Internal stability is not likely an issue eminating from the RG. 

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 7 (293 Views)
Teacher

First let me say this... I do have the 2wire in DMZ mode. In my 2'nd linksys router I have port forward set up as it should be.. I can NOT ssh to my internal LAN from the outside if I come from another at&t network. Here is where it gets interesting, if I hop on lets say someone who has a comcast network and then try to hit my ssh server it does work... I use to have at&t dsl and it worked great for years..... then I got uverse and bam no more ssh... A friend of mine at work also had ssh set up.... the day he got uverse the same thing happened.... It stopped working... Another one of our friends at work, who is still on comcast is able to ssh so I dont think a firewall popped up...
Message 3 of 7 (293 Views)
Employee

dillio1973 wrote:
First let me say this... I do have the 2wire in DMZ mode. In my 2'nd linksys router I have port forward set up as it should be.. I can NOT ssh to my internal LAN from the outside if I come from another at&t network. Here is where it gets interesting, if I hop on lets say someone who has a comcast network and then try to hit my ssh server it does work... I use to have at&t dsl and it worked great for years..... then I got uverse and bam no more ssh... A friend of mine at work also had ssh set up.... the day he got uverse the same thing happened.... It stopped working... Another one of our friends at work, who is still on comcast is able to ssh so I dont think a firewall popped up...

I use SSH and a variety of VPN servers/clients into my home system through the RG, and to/through my Cisco 2800 (depending on what I'm testing ... I usually use the Cisco VPN to the 2800 for regular remote access).

Check to make sure that the port you're forwarding on your Linksys is not also forwarded on the RG (aimed to the same or different host).

It might ultimately be worthwhile to drop the Linksys and just use the RG firewall (if you can).

Message Edited by ScottMac on 05-27-2009 12:07 PM
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 7 (293 Views)
Teacher

I can not drop the linksys at this point, one it offers dual radio N band and also has milkfish running on it for all my VoIP number dips. the RG is in DMZ plus sending EVERYTHING to the wan ip of the linksys, at that point my linksys points ports to whatever client I have running on my lan....
Message 5 of 7 (293 Views)
Highlighted
Teacher

If you friend has uverse as well, he would have to edit the firewall settings on the RG to allow the computer to go thru the firewall set up on the RG. Like you had mentioned, if you do it from any network besides a UVERSE network it lets you right thru. The UVERSE firewall heavily secured, and thats why you have to enable things on your own.
Message 6 of 7 (293 Views)
Employee

dillio1973 wrote:
I can not drop the linksys at this point, one it offers dual radio N band and also has milkfish running on it for all my VoIP number dips. the RG is in DMZ plus sending EVERYTHING to the wan ip of the linksys, at that point my linksys points ports to whatever client I have running on my lan....

Did you readdress the clients (i.e., use a different DHCP range) for the things that are on the LinkSys versus the things that are on the RG? 

If both devices are on the same LAN, did you change the inside address of the Linksys (or the RG)?

If both are on the same LAN, and you remembered to change the address of either the RG or the LInkSys, did you remember to change the settings on the client, so that they are using the correct device (I.e., default gateway, DNS, etc)?

Employee Contributor*
Message 7 of 7 (293 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.