Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jul 23, 2010
4:27:45 AM
Another Good Service Experience

I called tech support last night due to loss of some channels (turned out it was local channels only, apparently due to severe storms), and then asked if he knew when 3HD might become available.  I didn't really expect a definite answer--after a few minutes of investigation, the tech asked me if I would like him to put the change through!  After a millisecond or so of deep thought, I said yes, and was told that it should become effective within 24 hours.  I awoke this morning to find that my WAN profile is now 1SD/3HD and was able to simultaneously view 3 separate HD channels.  I am assuming this means that I can "use" 3 HD streams at once--eg. watch 3; watch 2, record 1; record 3, and so on.

While some of the local channels still seem to be out (still storming), I was very pleased that the tech took the extra time and effort to not only answer my question, but to make the change to 3HD.  He seemed determined to exceed my expectations, and did so.  So for all the "horrible" experiences reported, there are many more good ones.

docbombay

"Everything should be made as simple as possible--but not simpler."
--Albert Einstein

I called tech support last night due to loss of some channels (turned out it was local channels only, apparently due to severe storms), and then asked if he knew when 3HD might become available.  I didn't really expect a definite answer--after a few minutes of investigation, the tech asked me if I would like him to put the change through!  After a millisecond or so of deep thought, I said yes, and was told that it should become effective within 24 hours.  I awoke this morning to find that my WAN profile is now 1SD/3HD and was able to simultaneously view 3 separate HD channels.  I am assuming this means that I can "use" 3 HD streams at once--eg. watch 3; watch 2, record 1; record 3, and so on.

While some of the local channels still seem to be out (still storming), I was very pleased that the tech took the extra time and effort to not only answer my question, but to make the change to 3HD.  He seemed determined to exceed my expectations, and did so.  So for all the "horrible" experiences reported, there are many more good ones.

docbombay

Another Good Service Experience

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 23, 2010 4:58:20 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

The 3rd HD stream can be watched only and then on a non-DVR box. 

You are still limited to recording 2 HD streams.

The 3rd HD stream can be watched only and then on a non-DVR box. 

You are still limited to recording 2 HD streams.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Another Good Service Experience

2 of 8 (762 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 23, 2010 5:06:48 AM
(0)
Guru

Thanks for the clarification--guess I can't use the feature quite as hoped (to record 3HD shows simultaneously when away), but if I am at home, I can watch one and record two.  Guess if I'm going to be out, I can still record one show on SD as I have done in the past.  However, I don't see this as a disappointment--I still have more capability than I had yesterday!

docbombay

--Albert Einstein

Thanks for the clarification--guess I can't use the feature quite as hoped (to record 3HD shows simultaneously when away), but if I am at home, I can watch one and record two.  Guess if I'm going to be out, I can still record one show on SD as I have done in the past.  However, I don't see this as a disappointment--I still have more capability than I had yesterday!

docbombay

3 of 8 (762 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 23, 2010 5:08:19 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Hey, it's better than a kick in the head.

Hey, it's better than a kick in the head.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 8 (762 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 23, 2010 1:19:52 PM
(0)
Guru

It must be three-for-one day at AT&T--I just noticed I got My Multiview in addition to 1SD/3HD today. Also, I  learned that 866-465-1496 gets me right through to Tech Support.  Skeeter's right--it IS better than a kick in the head!

docbombay

--Albert Einstein

It must be three-for-one day at AT&T--I just noticed I got My Multiview in addition to 1SD/3HD today. Also, I  learned that 866-465-1496 gets me right through to Tech Support.  Skeeter's right--it IS better than a kick in the head!

docbombay

5 of 8 (762 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 16, 2010 10:04:04 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

And the recovery time is lot more enjoyable.

And the recovery time is lot more enjoyable.

6 of 8 (762 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 16, 2010 5:04:10 PM
(0)
Guru

Since that post I also got the 1SD/3HD ingress profile--recovery has been quite smooth!

docbombay

--Albert Einstein

Since that post I also got the 1SD/3HD ingress profile--recovery has been quite smooth!

docbombay

7 of 8 (762 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 16, 2010 6:46:08 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Very nice.

Very nice.

8 of 8 (762 Views)