Android uVerse App (For those not on AT&T)

Guru

Android uVerse App (For those not on AT&T)

[ Edited ]

I helped out a couple of people on DSLReports that were asking for the Android app for uVerse.  Unfortunately, the app is only on the AT&T Android app market but someone was able to get a hold of the APK file and posted it to the web.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=812489

So there you go.

Note: You need Android 2.1 or newer for this app to work.

Message 1 of 16 (7,794 Views)
Expert

Re: Android uVerse App (For those not on AT&T)

Installed and working on a rooted Motorola Droid running Android 2.2.  I'm able to see the guide and manage my recorded shows on the DVR.

It makes you separately register for the ability to download shows from their library, and it currently won't register due to "system issues".  I don't know if that's because it's not an AT&T phone or for some other reason.  It doesn't bother me though because I'd never use that feature.  There are only about 50 different shows in the library, most of which I've never heard of.

Message 2 of 16 (7,768 Views)
Guru

SomeJoe7777 wrote:

Installed and working on a rooted Motorola Droid running Android 2.2.  I'm able to see the guide and manage my recorded shows on the DVR.

It makes you separately register for the ability to download shows from their library, and it currently won't register due to "system issues".  I don't know if that's because it's not an AT&T phone or for some other reason.  It doesn't bother me though because I'd never use that feature.  There are only about 50 different shows in the library, most of which I've never heard of.

Same story here on my stock Vibrant.  Tried both on 3g and WiFi.  For now I'm going to assume it really is a system issue -- first day of release and all -- but we'll see.

Sure didn't take the APK long to surface!  Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 16 (7,755 Views)
Mentor

Installed the APK from XDA on a Droid 1 stock 2.2.  Unable to subscribe to downloads because of "system issues" whatever that means

Message 4 of 16 (7,733 Views)
Guru

FYI show downloading seems to be working this morning.  Note that you have to be on WiFi -- it refuses to download if you are not.

I'm betting that gets "fixed" by the fine fellows at XDA at some point.

Message 5 of 16 (7,655 Views)
ACE - Expert

I installed on a Motorola Droid (1) with stock Android 2.2 (FRG22D) this AM.  Can use the DVR features, but am getting the same issues when attempting to accept the terms of service for video download.  Have tried on both 3G network and on WiFi with same result.  I figured that the system error was that I was on the "wrong" wireless system. Smiley Tongue

I agree with the selection not being that great for an adult, but I see quite a few shows that my tween and teenagers watch.  I'm sure my DD with her iTouch would make use of the feature, if the powers-that-be would allow it to work on an iTouch.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 16 (7,639 Views)
ACE - Expert

cheer wrote:

FYI show downloading seems to be working this morning.  Note that you have to be on WiFi -- it refuses to download if you are not.

I'm betting that gets "fixed" by the fine fellows at XDA at some point.

So, you're on T-Mobile and it's working for you.  Hmm.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 7 of 16 (7,636 Views)
Expert

I was able to register and download a show from their library, so apparently last night was just a glitch.

However, the video won't play back on my phone.  Mine is rooted and has an alternate video decoder library, so this may be unique to my phone.

Message 8 of 16 (7,627 Views)
ACE - Master

Cool!  I am considering getting the Samsung Intercept on Virgin Mobile's $25/month plan.  Thanks for the info!

Message 9 of 16 (7,612 Views)
Scholar

Thanks for the link. Works great on a rooted HTC Hero with Sprint.

Bob

Message 10 of 16 (7,587 Views)
ACE - Expert

I, too, can report success for full functionality of the app.  I have downloaded and watched video.

It was a bit strange in that the last issue to be solved was that it would display and ask me to accept the terms of service (which I had already done to get the DVR functions to work) when I tried to download something, and I kept getting the "system error" most of the day yesterday.  In the late afternoon, I tried to do the download and it didn't go into the terms of service display at all and just started working.

Message 11 of 16 (3,370 Views)
Tutor

I have concerns about this app. When I went to install it, it seems to ask for an excessive amount of permissions, such as the ability to dial phone numbers automatically, I do not see why this app would need this type of access. Anyone else have an opinion?

Message 12 of 16 (3,323 Views)
Highlighted
Teacher

I love how we can control our DVR from our phones but not from the web.. Shame on you ATT and your stupid games.. 

bpadair wrote:

I have concerns about this app. When I went to install it, it seems to ask for an excessive amount of permissions, such as the ability to dial phone numbers automatically, I do not see why this app would need this type of access. Anyone else have an opinion?

You're probably looking into this too much.. Think support etc etc. This is a surprisingly powerful application.

Message 13 of 16 (3,290 Views)
ACE - Expert

2JZFAN wrote:

I love how we can control our DVR from our phones but not from the web.. Shame on you ATT and your stupid games.. 

WRA doesn't work for you?  Why not?  What happens?

Message 14 of 16 (3,245 Views)
Teacher

No ATT HSI Smiley Wink

Message 15 of 16 (3,241 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.