Am I able to upgrade to the 32/5 profile with these stats?

Teacher

Am I able to upgrade to the 32/5 profile with these stats?

Down                           Up

Current Rate:                          25208 kbs               2040 kbs
Max Rate:                                45503 kbs             Not Available
Current Connection:
  Current Noise Margin:          19.5 dB              Not Available
  Current Attenuation:             21.0 dB              Not Available
  Current Output Power:         12.8 dBm             2.0 dBm
Message 1 of 41 (677 Views)
Highlighted
Teacher

Re: Am I able to upgrade to the 32/5 profile with these stats?

What do you think?

DSL                Down                          Up
Current Rate:   25208 kbs             2040 kbs
Max Rate:       60481 kbs             Not Available
Current Connection:  
Current Noise Margin:   27.5 dB      Not Available  
Current Attenuation:   15.0 dB         Not Available  
Current Output Power:   14.1 dBm     -16.9 dBm
Message 16 of 41 (360 Views)
Expert

Abk0922, you can easily get the 32/5 profile.

For anyone else who is wondering what profile they should be able to get, please click here to be brought to a post with a graph.  Use your Downstream Noise Margin and the Max Line Rate from your statistics and find your position on the graph.  The shaded area of the graph will tell you what profile you should be eligible for.

Message 17 of 41 (360 Views)
Employee

Joe I wwondered when you would quit answering each individual request. You held out a lot longer then I would have. Hope you enjoy getting back too your life. You may have helped more people for free then the paid help. 

Great job and thanks for all the time and work on this project. My Mom always said you work harder on volunteer projects then on paid projects.

Let Joe have a break and maybe he will get bored and find another project that is as helpful in the next few months. 

GREAT JOB JOE!

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 18 of 41 (360 Views)
Mentor

Thanks!

SomeJoe7777 wrote:

tinker01 - No, your max rate is too low, you will have to be on 25/2.

KALEL114 - No, your max rate is too low, you will have to be on 25/2.

fkubacak - Yes, you're eligible for 32/5 when it rolls out in your area.

LazarusLong - Yes, you're eligible for 32/5 when it rolls out in your area.

ahintz - You're eligible for 32/5, but just barely.  If you have errors or problems when you're switched to 32/5, you may have to go back to 25/2.

Message 19 of 41 (360 Views)
Master

DSL Down Up
Current Rate: 32200 kbs  5040 kbs
Max Rate: 34192 kbs  Not Available
Current Connection:
 Current Noise Margin: 9.5 dB  Not Available
 Current Attenuation: 24.0 dB  Not Available
 Current Output Power: 13.6 dBm  1.9 dBm

as you can see my max is just barely more than the 32/5 profile that i now have...

Dennis
Message 20 of 41 (360 Views)
Mentor

Where do you find the max rate?  i pulled my profile but don't see max rate. here it is below

DSL Line (Wire Pair): Coax Protocol: G.993.2 Downstream Rate: 25208 kbps Upstream Rate: 2040 kbps Channel: Interleaved Current Noise Margin: 23.5 dB (Downstream) Not Available Current Attenuation: 18.0 dB (Downstream) Not Available Current Output Power: 13.8 dB (Downstream) -7.8 db (Upstream) DSLAM Vendor Information: Country: {0xFF} Vendor: {CXSY} Specific: {0x242}

Ok i found it my max rate is : 53343

Should i be able to get the new feed when available.

Message Edited by InMo on 02-08-2010 10:16 AM
Message Edited by InMo on 02-08-2010 10:19 AM
Message 21 of 41 (433 Views)
Teacher

:smileysad:

That sucks. Is there anything I or ATT can do to get it higher or am I just plain out of luck?

Message 22 of 41 (433 Views)
ACE - Expert

Well, pie in the sky pair bonding may show up some time and give you a higher max sync rate, but

the implementation target date has been pushed back 4 or 5 times since my install 7/08.  :smileymad:

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-800-983-2811 to avoid Mr. Voice Recognition
YRMV IMHO Simply a U-verse user, nothing more
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 23 of 41 (433 Views)
Teacher

To Somejoe7777: you answered my original post:

LazarusLong - Yes, you're eligible for 32/5 when it rolls out in your area.

However, the issue is that I was installed on Thur 4 Feb this year, and originally my profile was set for 32/5!  However, the tech made some measurement at my NID and said that while the downstream was perfect, there was an issue with the upstream ("capped"??).  He had the CO techs set the profile down to 25/2.  Should I call in an service order for them to check out the line from the VRAD to the NID?  The tech said there was no evidence of a bridge tap, so what could cause the issue on the upstream?

Thanks

Message 24 of 41 (433 Views)
ACE - Expert

Just call in and see, make sure you get to tier 2 as tier 1 may not even know what you are talking

about if it's not on their scipt.  But haven't seen any posts of those they've downgraded back to 25/2

getting upgraded again.  There have been some some w/ limited upstreams rates, 2886, 4458, etc.

Good luck :smileywink:

Chris

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 25 of 41 (433 Views)
Teacher

Just realized that I got updated recently.

Down            Up

User Rate32200 kbs5040 kbs
Max User Rate37106 kbsNot Available
Noise Margin11.5 dBNot Available
Attenuation24.2 dBNot Available
Output Power13.1 dBm7.7 dBm

Here are may past stats.

DSL                 Down            Up

Current Rate:   25208 kbs   2040 kbs

Max Rate:   35212 kbs   Not Available

Current Connection:  

Current Noise Margin:   16.0 dB   Not Available  

Current Attenuation:   24.0 dB   Not Available  

Current Output Power:   12.7 dBm   7.4 dBm

Message 26 of 41 (433 Views)
ACE - Expert

Don't have much overhead at 37M max sync, hopefully it'll be stable and they won't roll you back

to 25M.  Where'd that 'max user rate' come from?  Most of us have 'max rate'. :smileywink:

Chris

Message 27 of 41 (433 Views)
Teacher

I don't know about the max user rate. My network site (http://192.168.1.254) has a totally different interface now. It seemed to change overnite. The layout and look are completely different. Perhaps it is upgraded as well? It looks cleaner and more organized. If that makes sense.

I just talked to tech support and they just switched me over to 3hd/1sd. I am running it now with zero issues so far. *knock on wood*. She was a bit concerned that I was too far from the box, but so far so good.

New interface, for me at least.

_1268067449417.jpeg

Message 28 of 41 (433 Views)
ACE - Expert

You probably have the 6.1 upgrade, they had stopped, but must be downloading it again. :smileywink:

Chris

Message 29 of 41 (433 Views)
Scholar

KALEL114 wrote:

I don't know about the max user rate. My network site (http://192.168.1.254) has a totally different interface now. It seemed to change overnite. The layout and look are completely different. Perhaps it is upgraded as well? It looks cleaner and more organized. If that makes sense.

I just talked to tech support and they just switched me over to 3hd/1sd. I am running it now with zero issues so far. *knock on wood*. She was a bit concerned that I was too far from the box, but so far so good.

FWIW The lady on the phone has no way of telling how far you are from the VRAD, if it's working now it should be working consistently. *knock on wood*

Message 30 of 41 (433 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.