Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Nov 19, 2010
6:15:14 AM
View profile
Address verification frustration - {Personal content removed for your safety}. Can anyone help?
Edited by nelmedia on Nov 20, 2010 at 11:06:18 AM

We have Uverse in our neighborhood. I have all 4 house on every side of me that are eligible for Uverse. But, AT&T engineering doesn't seem to like my address and claims that the "run is too long" for Uverse service. That is hard to beleive since the box that serves the 4 houses around mine is located in my backyard, closer to my house than any of the other 4. And to top that, the actual VRAD is only 0.8 miles away from my house (yes, I measured it). It just doesn't make sense.

I did  get an agent (Stacy) to confess to me 1 thing - until one of those 4 neighbors actually sign up for Uverse service, then it is highly unlikely engineering will do anything about my case.

Can anyone help me.... anyone? I really want Uverse and want to dump TimeWarner in the worst way, but AT&T makes it really hard to do.

My case number is {Personal content removed for your safety}.

We have Uverse in our neighborhood. I have all 4 house on every side of me that are eligible for Uverse. But, AT&T engineering doesn't seem to like my address and claims that the "run is too long" for Uverse service. That is hard to beleive since the box that serves the 4 houses around mine is located in my backyard, closer to my house than any of the other 4. And to top that, the actual VRAD is only 0.8 miles away from my house (yes, I measured it). It just doesn't make sense.

I did  get an agent (Stacy) to confess to me 1 thing - until one of those 4 neighbors actually sign up for Uverse service, then it is highly unlikely engineering will do anything about my case.

Can anyone help me.... anyone? I really want Uverse and want to dump TimeWarner in the worst way, but AT&T makes it really hard to do.

My case number is {Personal content removed for your safety}.

Address verification frustration - {Personal content removed for your safety}. Can anyone help?

[ Edited ]
3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 19, 2010 1:21:50 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by RCSMG on Nov 20, 2010 at 11:06:35 AM

Try sending an email to David using the hyperlink in my signature.  He is a tier 2 tech support rep who has helped lots of people with issues like yours.

Try sending an email to David using the hyperlink in my signature.  He is a tier 2 tech support rep who has helped lots of people with issues like yours.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Address verification frustration - Can anyone help?

[ Edited ]
2 of 4 (1,286 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 19, 2010 7:57:27 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by oufanindallas on Nov 20, 2010 at 11:06:54 AM

What good does removing the case number from the text of the message when it's in the TITLE????

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

What good does removing the case number from the text of the message when it's in the TITLE????

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
3 of 4 (1,245 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 20, 2010 11:09:22 AM
(0)
Former Moderator

oufanindallas wrote:

oufanindallas, 
Thank you, I have removed it from the subject line too.  Please feel free to use the Options drop down and "Report Inapporpriate Content" so a moderator can take care of any problems on the forums.
Thanks again,

mod.moose

oufanindallas wrote:

oufanindallas, 
Thank you, I have removed it from the subject line too.  Please feel free to use the Options drop down and "Report Inapporpriate Content" so a moderator can take care of any problems on the forums.
Thanks again,

mod.moose

4 of 4 (1,209 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments