Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Nov 20, 2009
8:54:00 PM
View profile
Access points will not identify network

Our Uverse was installed today. I have 2 laptops and an iPhone that have connected with no problems with the RG. I have a Linksys access point that I am trying to connect my desktop to the RG. All connected with no problems with my Linksys wireless router before the install.

The Linksys router is unplugged.

When I try to connect with the access point, the desktop computer states that it cannot identify the network. Signal strength is excellent in the room. I also tried the access point with my laptop, same problem. The wireless installed in the laptop has no problems connecting.

Any suggestions as to what to try. I have reconfigured the access point several times.

thanks,

keith

Our Uverse was installed today. I have 2 laptops and an iPhone that have connected with no problems with the RG. I have a Linksys access point that I am trying to connect my desktop to the RG. All connected with no problems with my Linksys wireless router before the install.

The Linksys router is unplugged.

When I try to connect with the access point, the desktop computer states that it cannot identify the network. Signal strength is excellent in the room. I also tried the access point with my laptop, same problem. The wireless installed in the laptop has no problems connecting.

Any suggestions as to what to try. I have reconfigured the access point several times.

thanks,

keith

Access points will not identify network

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 21, 2009 9:42:54 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Follow these instructions from Computer Joe on how to add a router to Uverse and you can set-up

everything w/Linsys router as it was before:

http://utalk.att.com/utalk/board/message?board.id=HSIA&message.id=8149#M8149

Good luck :smileywink:

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-800-983-2811 to avoid Mr. Voice Recognition
YRMV IMHO Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Follow these instructions from Computer Joe on how to add a router to Uverse and you can set-up

everything w/Linsys router as it was before:

http://utalk.att.com/utalk/board/message?board.id=HSIA&message.id=8149#M8149

Good luck :smileywink:

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-800-983-2811 to avoid Mr. Voice Recognition
YRMV IMHO Simply a U-verse user, nothing more
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Access points will not identify network

2 of 4 (308 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 21, 2009 12:14:24 PM
(0)
Contributor

Thanks for the info. I had already looked at that post and it was going to be my next step. For the time being I just ran a cat 5 on the ground outside the house to get the set up in my office running. I have a 4 port hub in the office.

I think I will do the my own router when I upgrade to "N".  

Keith 

Thanks for the info. I had already looked at that post and it was going to be my next step. For the time being I just ran a cat 5 on the ground outside the house to get the set up in my office running. I have a 4 port hub in the office.

I think I will do the my own router when I upgrade to "N".  

Keith 

3 of 4 (308 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 21, 2009 12:31:04 PM
(0)
Master

fwiw

fwiw