Ask a question

    Reply
    Posted Apr 6, 2010
    12:45:41 PM
    View profile
    AT&T uverse is making my television Freeze AND making Halo 3 Lag on xbox live
    I need this problem fixed quicky. When we first had uverse installed my tv ran perfectly and my xbox live connection was great. Now I cannot watch tv for more than 25 seconds without it freezing and my xbox live connection is horrible. I cannot play a game without being frozen in lag the whole time. We run 6 televisions off uverse and 3 computers but the most TVs we have running at once is 3. The only tvs that freeze are mine and my little brothers. What is the problem? It is making me a very disgruntled customer!

    AT&T uverse is making my television Freeze AND making Halo 3 Lag on xbox live

    9,836 views
    8 replies
    (0) Me too
    (0) Me too
    Post reply
    View all replies
    (8)
    Highlighted
    0
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Apr 7, 2010 3:03:24 AM
    0
    (0)
    AT&T Internet Expert
     
    Hello Stavy,
     
    Please, accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience that you might have experienced.
     
    Many common U-Verse problems can be solved by rebooting your AT&T U-Verse Residential Gateway or rebooting your AT&T U-Verse receivers (set top boxes).
     
    If you're having trouble with Internet, U-Verse Voice, or all of your TVs, reboot your residential gateway. Please follow these steps mentioned below.
     
    Note:  Any recordings in progress will be stopped during this reboot.
     
     
    1. Unplug the black power cord from the back of the residential gateway.
    2. Leave the residential gateway unplugged for 15 seconds.
    3. Wait 2 minutes, then re-try what you want to do.

     

     

    If some - but not all - of your TVs are having trouble, reboot your receiver. 


    Note:
      If your receiver also houses your DVR, any recordings in progress will be lost during this reboot.

     

    1. Push in and hold the rectangular power button on the receiver wired to the TV.
    2. Hold the button for 10 seconds. After 10 seconds, release the button.
    3. Wait 2 minutes, then re-try what you want to do.

     

     

     
     
    After trying the steps mentioned above, if the issue persists, please, contact AT&T U-Verse department 800-288-2020 Monday to Saturday between 8am to 10pm CT.
     

    Re: AT&T uverse is making my television Freeze AND making Halo 3 Lag on xbox live

    2 of 9 (9,835 Views)
    0
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Nov 18, 2010 8:40:04 AM
    0
    (0)
    Voyager
    Edited by tktnuri on Nov 18, 2010 at 9:14:28 AM

    The problem is this prevents me from recording my favorite show while gaming online, it defeats the purpose of a DVR.

     

    My issue is one Xbox is wired and the other is wireless. The wireless connection can still go online play Netflix or game. The wired one gets no connection. Whenever a show is being recorded whether someone else is watching a show or not the wired Xbox drops Xbox live and online capability.

     

    If I don't stop the DVR recording I cannot get back online until the show is over or I do as you suggested and unplug the gateway and reboot. Not only do I miss my show I miss the ability to game with my friends.

     

    I also have the channels freezing issue as well usually when watching HD channels, flipping back and forth, recording or not. I have had the residential gateways swapped out. The DVR swapped out and still the same issues. They've sent a tech who says the house is getting 125MB connection to the house so it doesn't appear to be a line issue.

     

    I have opened ports for xbox live, I have tried the suggested settings for the gateway and xbox but nothing seems to fix the issues when the DVR is in use.

     

    Re: AT&T uverse is making my television Freeze AND making Halo 3 Lag on xbox live

    [ Edited ]
    3 of 9 (9,462 Views)
    0
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Nov 18, 2010 2:59:53 PM
    0
    (0)
    Expert

    Are you running the Xbox from the Ethernet port on a UV STB/DVR? 

    Any other computers being run out of UV box Ethernet?  (not recommended)

     

    All TVs should be running directly from the UV RG.

     

    If all UV RG Ethernet ports are filled, a switch should be used for additional TVs/computers.

    Re: AT&T uverse is making my television Freeze AND making Halo 3 Lag on xbox live

    4 of 9 (9,415 Views)
    0
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Nov 19, 2010 11:23:35 AM
    0
    (0)
    Voyager

    I have two wall jacks for Ethernet  one for in the other out. The line in is to the UV Residential Gateway (RG) I have a switch connected from the RG to a Netgear GS108, with lines going to two computers, media server, and out to the other Ethernet jacks throughout the house.

     

    The one xbox connects through another GS108 switch, the other wifi.

    The DVR box connects through another GS108 switch in the living room which also connects ps3, ps2, and at times the other 360 since wifi gets degraded.

     

    Looking at the connection to the house it goes into a GS105 box before ever hitting the residential gateway. I’ve never connect anything from a set top box I wasn’t aware this was an option.

     There is no way for me to connect the other rooms (tv’s) without using a switch. I lose my gigabit speeds for the media server when running without a switch. The techs that were sent and who replaced all previous equipment tested the box all without switches just TV only and the picture still froze. Unfortunately I wasn’t aware of the Xbox Live internet issues until I was online playing and the DVR kicked on to record.   

    Re: AT&T uverse is making my television Freeze AND making Halo 3 Lag on xbox live

    5 of 9 (9,377 Views)
    0
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Nov 19, 2010 8:19:59 PM
    0
    (0)
    ACE - Master

    Great, now we're getting canned responses from someone at AT&T.  I have visited the other forums and liked the fact that we weren't getting canned responses. 

    ” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
    *The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

    Re: AT&T uverse is making my television Freeze AND making Halo 3 Lag on xbox live

    6 of 9 (9,318 Views)
    0
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Nov 19, 2010 9:35:30 PM
    0
    (0)
    Expert

     

    Ok, everything sounds like it's in order.  And yeah, the Ethernet port can be used on boxes that are coax-installed; but not recommended as it can degrade performance.
    If you would, download SomeJoe's program for the UV RG at uverserealtime.com .  That will give a better picture of what might be going on.  You can post your screenshots in your reply.

    tktnuri wrote:

    I have two wall jacks for Ethernet  one for in the other out. The line in is to the UV Residential Gateway (RG) I have a switch connected from the RG to a Netgear GS108, with lines going to two computers, media server, and out to the other Ethernet jacks throughout the house.

     

    The one xbox connects through another GS108 switch, the other wifi.

    The DVR box connects through another GS108 switch in the living room which also connects ps3, ps2, and at times the other 360 since wifi gets degraded.

     

    Looking at the connection to the house it goes into a GS105 box before ever hitting the residential gateway. I’ve never connect anything from a set top box I wasn’t aware this was an option.

     There is no way for me to connect the other rooms (tv’s) without using a switch. I lose my gigabit speeds for the media server when running without a switch. The techs that were sent and who replaced all previous equipment tested the box all without switches just TV only and the picture still froze. Unfortunately I wasn’t aware of the Xbox Live internet issues until I was online playing and the DVR kicked on to record.   


     

    Re: AT&T uverse is making my television Freeze AND making Halo 3 Lag on xbox live

    7 of 9 (9,306 Views)
    0
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Nov 20, 2010 9:31:38 AM
    0
    (0)
    ACE - Master
    Edited by Computer-Joe on Nov 20, 2010 at 9:32:25 AM

    oufanindallas wrote:

    Great, now we're getting canned responses from someone at AT&T.  I have visited the other forums and liked the fact that we weren't getting canned responses. 


    Careful now, appearantly we are no longer allowed to "critique" each others posts. Smiley Sad

     (especially if they are AT&T employees)

     

     

     

     

     

    __________________________________________________________
    How can you be in two places at once, when your not anywhere at all?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I really want to become a procrastinator, but I keep putting it off.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.

                                   neon_sign.jpg

    *The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

    Re: AT&T uverse is making my television Freeze AND making Halo 3 Lag on xbox live

    [ Edited ]
    8 of 9 (9,264 Views)
    0
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Nov 20, 2010 11:45:26 AM
    0
    (0)
    ACE - Master

     


    Computer-Joe wrote:

    oufanindallas wrote:

    Great, now we're getting canned responses from someone at AT&T.  I have visited the other forums and liked the fact that we weren't getting canned responses. 


    Careful now, appearantly we are no longer allowed to "critique" each others posts. Smiley Sad

     (especially if they are AT&T employees)

     

     

     

     

     

    __________________________________________________________
    How can you be in two places at once, when your not anywhere at all?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I really want to become a procrastinator, but I keep putting it off.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.


    well if they weren't canned responses from the AT&T internet maybe I wouldn't critique it.  That's been the really nice thing about this forum is other Wendy, we've always dont a good job of moderating our selves.  Now we have big brother watching over everything we do.  Just not as fun as it was before the merge.  Can we please go back to the good old days.

     

    ” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
    *The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

    Re: AT&T uverse is making my television Freeze AND making Halo 3 Lag on xbox live

    9 of 9 (9,244 Views)
    Share this post
    Share this post