Helpful Links

AT&T U-verse Mobile launches on August 9, $75 iTunes credit if you sign up for a TV package

Contributor

AT&T U-verse Mobile launches on August 9, $75 iTunes credit if you sign up for a TV package

Has anyone seen this yet or can confirm it?

http://mobile.engadget.com/2010/08/07/atandt-u-verse-mobile-launches-on-august-9-75-itunes-credit-if...

You will be able to download tv shows to your iphone thru the new uverse mobile app that should be out on 8/9.

Message 1 of 24
Scholar

Re: AT&T U-verse Mobile launches on August 9, $75 iTunes credit if you sign up for a TV package

Message 2 of 24
Expert

Re: AT&T U-verse Mobile launches on August 9, $75 iTunes credit if you sign up for a TV package

You get the $75 gift card if you have an Ipod.  I didn't see if there was a charge for the app, but I assume it is. 

Message 3 of 24
Expert

Sure the App will be free, but as of today, it's still not available to download.

Interesting it has the same name as the old one I currently have, which is only the WebRemote.

Not eligible for the iTunes credit since I already have U450. :smileysad:

Anyone else get it yet?

Message 4 of 24
ACE - Expert

Two things to say about this:

1) The fact that it only works on iPhones vs iTouches is likely a marketing decision aimed at selling AT&T Wireless, i.e. I see little technical rationale

2) I'd rather have it on my Droid.  As if that's going to happen. Even if by somemiracle they decide to support AT&T Android phones, I'm sure they'll find a way not to offer it to Androids on other carriers.  :smileysad:

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 24
Highlighted
Scholar

Its out! it replaced my uverse dvr app with this new one....too bad I'm not by a wifi

Message 6 of 24
Mentor

Just updated the app via app store, don't know why, but under my DVR section it had shows I recorded from way back in Oct-Nov time frame!!  So, even though my current dvr has only 11 shows, the app showed I had 54 recordings!!  Don't know if it uses some remote servers or what from AT&T UV...Also, I thought maybe we'd be able to actually watch our recorded shows from the dvr (via wifi) but it's only a small library of shows, which I'm assuming will get bigger and better...Oh well, it's free anyway.  Also, would be nice if I could only see my HD channels to select from, even tho in the settings tab, I selected search HD only, it still shows every single channel...

Message 7 of 24
BCB
Scholar

I wonder if I can I go into an AT&T store, upgrade to U450 (I have U200 currently) and get the $75 iTunes gift card.

Message 8 of 24
Teacher

I had an issue with my recorded shows as well. It not only showed old shows long ago deleted but may others that are not really recorded. They are dated today showing the time that the App connected to the AT&T servers to validate my account.

I dumped the new 2.0 version and resynced the old version I still had on iTunes. At lease the DVR data is correct.

I also originally thought I would be able to watch shows from my DVR. Nope, just stuff they have decided I might want.

I was excited there initially. Guess I'll wait for the 2.01 version.

Message 9 of 24
Tutor

I have the same problem also with old recordings showing up in the updated app version. Even if I delete the recording  in the app, when I close the app and go back in it will refresh and the deleted recordings pop back up. Anyone else having this issue?

Message 10 of 24
Expert

It has always been buggy with old recordings showing up, even with the original version.  Think that's related to the sometimes-buggy WebRemote software (same deal there).

I did find any update ready for download on the 10th, so guess they missed by a bit (I blame the Apple Store, LOL!).

Like it MUCH better than the original version and is handy.

As for the statement about ATT wanting to push their Wi-Fi by just using the iPhone/Touch, with the Touch I don't have to use their Wi-Fi, any Wi-Fi will work (Starbucks and McDs are just a few places that are free for everyone now, no ATT required, just FYI).  :smileywink:

Message 11 of 24
Expert

Let us know if that works!  :smileyhappy:
Maybe I should give it a shot even though I already have U450? 

bcb1908 wrote:

I wonder if I can I go into an AT&T store, upgrade to U450 (I have U200 currently) and get the $75 iTunes gift card.

Message 12 of 24
Expert

I wonder if  the app will be available for people who buy Iphones from Verizon when they start selling them?

Message 13 of 24
Teacher

FWIW, I never had any issues with the original version showing the correct recordings.

I have 17 recodings at the moment. The old app shows the correct 17.

The new app shows 50. Most of the extra ones shown are listed as recorded today all at the same time - when I started the app today and it phoned home. There are a couple of old ones shown that I had previously recorded, watched and then deleted. But most in that category are not shown (perhaps 50 or so given the oldest listed is from April).

I did submit a log to AT&T using the new app More/Settings/Support/Submit Log sequence which allow you to enter text regarding the issue. So we'll see how that goes.

I plan to reset by DVR too just to see if that helps, which I doubt.

But what I really want is the ability to watch my recordings on my phone or pad or computer.

Message 14 of 24
Expert

dgoddard wrote:

FWIW, I never had any issues with the original version showing the correct recordings.

I have 17 recodings at the moment. The old app shows the correct 17.

The new app shows 50. Most of the extra ones shown are listed as recorded today all at the same time - when I started the app today and it phoned home. There are a couple of old ones shown that I had previously recorded, watched and then deleted. But most in that category are not shown (perhaps 50 or so given the oldest listed is from April).

I did submit a log to AT&T using the new app More/Settings/Support/Submit Log sequence which allow you to enter text regarding the issue. So we'll see how that goes.

I plan to reset by DVR too just to see if that helps, which I doubt.

But what I really want is the ability to watch my recordings on my phone or pad or computer.

That would be cool.

Message 15 of 24
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support