AT&T U-Verse Remote Control Code for NS-R5101HD

Highlighted
Contributor

AT&T U-Verse Remote Control Code for NS-R5101HD

Anybody out there know the correct remote codes for an Insignia NS-R5101HD receiver? I have setup my settop box to connect to an LG 60-inch plasma, along with my Mac Mini, both using HDMI cables. I have run a TosLink optical cable from the TV to the receiver and all i want to do is map the volume up and down button to the receiver rather than the TV (since the TosLink output is fixed, not variable). I will do all the rest of the source switching with the TV remote. The problem is that I can not find a code that works, and neither Insignia nor Uverse technical support have been able to help. Anybody?!

Message 1 of 4 (5,512 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: AT&T U-Verse Remote Control Code for NS-R5101HD

Sounds like you need a learning remote to learn the signal for volume that is applied to your receiver.

The U-verse point anywhere remote learns from other remotes for $50.

I just got an e-mail from Logitec introducing a Harmony  300 model fro $49. It appears to be the same as the 700($150) without a screen.

I have a 700 that is great. The layout is similar to the u-verse & you can program it to do gretat stuff.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4 (5,512 Views)
Contributor

Thanks for the POV.

There are instructions in the remote manual to map the volume button on the uverse remote to a receiver or amplifier (rather than the TV which is the default behavior). Also, there is something called automatic search mode, where you can cycle through codes for your device(s) until you find one that works. I am hopeful that these two methods might work, but it would still be a heck of a lot easier if I had the code for the receiver. The auto-mode is pretty hit-or miss, and you really can't tell whether it is doing anything while you are trying, plus it takes forever!

Anybody else got any wisdom that doesn't involve me popping another $50?

Message 3 of 4 (5,512 Views)
Contributor

C'mon Uversers! You are a scrappy lot! I know one of you out there has got the answer! I am also posting this question on the Insignia forum, and nobody there has even remarked on the post (http://community.insigniaproducts.com/t5/Home-Audio/AT-amp-T-U-Verse-Remote-Control-Code-for-NS-R510...). If i find the solution I will be sure to repost it here and there.

Meanwhile, my home-theater awaits your brilliance!

Message 4 of 4 (5,512 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.