A Word Of Warning

Contributor

A Word Of Warning

I have read lots of different stories regarding U-verse but I wanted to share mine, as unfortunately it proves that playing nice frankly gets you nowhere, the bottom line if it doesn't work within a few weeks i would give up and move providers.

I had U-Verse installed on Jan 13th since then my service has failed every day usually between 15 and 20 times a day for various amounts of time, normally a quick reboot but sometimes for up to 30 minutes at a time. Over the last 8 months i have had more than 25 premise visits, and at least 8 INR  (outside line technicians) visits. I won't bore anyone with details of what has been replaced or reinstalled (but trust me it's a lot), I finally lost my temper 2 weeks ago and told AT&T they had 2 weeks to fix the issue, after waiting patiently for more than half a year, I was told that AT&T now knew what the problem was, that they needed to dig up the line to my house and that they were waiting for the city to flag my garden (which they did last week). Today when i called because even though the service is normally bad it has actually managed to be worse for the last 2 days (70 reboots this morning alone), I was told that my service will not be corrected by Saturday, the expected fix date is the 22nd of Sept and that the problem is not the line to my house but the line to the D-SLAM (no one can tell me why the city flagged my yard). I have been polite and patient for a long time, I have never asked for money off my bill even though i have yet to watch an hour long tv program all the way through without it losing connection, despite the many hours i have spent on the phone or waiting for a technician but now when my service is the absolute worst it has ever been to the point where it is unusable I am meant to wait till the 22nd for it to be fixed.  I am finally taking my business elsewhere, which is a shame because i like the service (when it works) and I have dealt with a lot of very nice people.

Regards

J Hudson

Message 1 of 7
Scholar

Re: A Word Of Warning

Adiós Amigo.

Message 2 of 7
Scholar

Well it's unfortunate you had a bad experience but with any product or technology, if you have physical line problems upstream - you are kind of up a creek with no paddle.  That will be the case with Uverse, cable, Fios or any carrier's product.  Bad lines, bad experience. 

I suppose, an intermittent line problem is worse than the other binary type problems - where it clearly works or it doesn't.

Good luck and hopefully you will find the perfect service.

Message 3 of 7
Expert

Free OTA

Message 4 of 7
ACE - Master

As Dr. Phil would say: Are you a slow learner?

I mean, good grief, you've been putting up with bad service for 7 months.  Don't get me wrong.  I love my Uverse but if I had had as much trouble as some of these customers, I would've bailed the first 30 days...45 max.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 7
Mentor

If I were you I'd at least file a complaint with the BBB.  I don't think anyone else could help.  AT&T managed to dodge every other government regulator.  And naturally AT&T itself does not give a dang.

Glynne

Tags (1)
Message 6 of 7

Glynne wrote:

If I were you I'd at least file a complaint with the BBB.  I don't think anyone else could help.  AT&T managed to dodge every other government regulator.  And naturally AT&T itself does not give a dang.

Glynne

Didn't dodge 'em, just paid 'em off. :smileywink:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.

Message 7 of 7
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support