Helpful Links

64bit Vista vs. Outlook

Contributor

64bit Vista vs. Outlook

Just got Uverse this week, and am having a problem with my Vista 64bit machines and Outlook.  It is not sending and receiving.  My XP machines are fine (I have 3 Vista 64 and 4 XP - I'm in IT and have lots of stuff at home).  The XP machines were a cinch- using Outlook 2002.  My Vista machines use either that, Vista Mail or Outlook 2007, no difference, none work.  The errors I get are that it found the server but it did not respond.  Yes I set the SSL settings, disabled the software firewall as a test (I do not use Windows Firewall).  My home network uses the 2Wire DMZ+ to my Netgear FGS124g, and several wireless access points for the laptops.  It looks like an SSL handshake failure, but as my time with Vista has been limited I thought I would start here first to see if others are experiencing this.
Message 1 of 6
Scholar

Re: 64bit Vista vs. Outlook

My windows 7 x64 and vista x64 machiens aren't giving me any problems

Message 2 of 6
Contributor

Ok, played some more.  Removed firewall software (Comodo) and AV (Avast).  No change.  This PC really doesn't have much on it, Outlook, Firefox, Open Office, Photoshop, Nero, DVD-Shrink.  Service Pack 1.  Asus G2S1.  Vista Ultimate 64, 4gigs ram.  Really looks like an SSL issue and not like something else interfering.  Any suggestions anyone?
Message 3 of 6
Scholar

I run Avast pro, Outlook 2007, Vista 64, and have it also on a Vista 32 bit box, neither have any issues.
Message Edited by Creeper on 05-17-2009 11:02 PM
Message 4 of 6
Guru

I also run Vista UItimate 64 and Outlook 2007. I initially had problems using SSL, but resolved them by putting the correct server port numbers (not using the default settings) in the Advanced tab of the Internet E-mail Settings.
Message 5 of 6

Tzvia,

What pop/smtp server you use and ports? as far as I know their are couple of issues with vista using outlook or win mail

Message 6 of 6
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support