Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Mar 18, 2009
7:39:27 AM
View profile
5 HD TV's can they all watch different HD programming at the same time?

This may be MOM, I searched the thread though and spoke w sales and got different answers.

I have DirecTV and Comcast. 3 HDs on Comcast, 2 on DirecTv (long story). Can i watch 5 different HD Shows on Uverse at the same time? Can i watch 5 different recorded HD shows at one time?

Thanks, this would help consolidate all my TVs into one provider.

Message Edited by bigbarney on 03-18-2009 07:40 AM

This may be MOM, I searched the thread though and spoke w sales and got different answers.

I have DirecTV and Comcast. 3 HDs on Comcast, 2 on DirecTv (long story). Can i watch 5 different HD Shows on Uverse at the same time? Can i watch 5 different recorded HD shows at one time?

Thanks, this would help consolidate all my TVs into one provider.

Message Edited by bigbarney on 03-18-2009 07:40 AM

5 HD TV's can they all watch different HD programming at the same time?

58 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(58)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2009 10:40:51 AM
(0)
Mentor

crimscrem wrote:

Excellent post!  Here's the problem I was having last night.  I was recording HD NBC and HD Fox at the same time on TV#1 (main TV).  I then started watching off the DVR HD Fox on TV#1.  Another family member tried to watch SD ESPN on TV#2, but got the message that indicates all streams are being used.  I'm almost 100% sure that the "live" channel on TV #1 was on one of the two HD channels I was recording.  And if it was not, then it would have been on HD CBS.  But if the "live" channel on TV#1 when I was watching the DVR was on HD CBS, then shouldn't I have received an error message as that would then be 3 HD streams on TV#1 (HD NBC (recording), HD Fox (recording), and HD CBS (live))?  

I have no idea why no one could watch SD ESPN on TV #2.  I appreciate the feedback.

Hey crimscrem, I just had a thought about what might have happened.  Are you sure TV #2 was trying to tune into the SD feed of ESPN?  Even if TV #2 is not HD-capable, as long as you have the HD package you can tune it to any of the HD channels and it will count as an HD stream.  The box will downconvert the HD into SD for your TV.  The HD feed of ESPN is on channel 1602 while the SD feed is on channel 602.  If you had attempted to tune to 1602 while recording two other HD streams on your DVR you would have gotten the "all streams in use" message.  Could this have been the case last night?

crimscrem wrote:

Excellent post!  Here's the problem I was having last night.  I was recording HD NBC and HD Fox at the same time on TV#1 (main TV).  I then started watching off the DVR HD Fox on TV#1.  Another family member tried to watch SD ESPN on TV#2, but got the message that indicates all streams are being used.  I'm almost 100% sure that the "live" channel on TV #1 was on one of the two HD channels I was recording.  And if it was not, then it would have been on HD CBS.  But if the "live" channel on TV#1 when I was watching the DVR was on HD CBS, then shouldn't I have received an error message as that would then be 3 HD streams on TV#1 (HD NBC (recording), HD Fox (recording), and HD CBS (live))?  

I have no idea why no one could watch SD ESPN on TV #2.  I appreciate the feedback.

Hey crimscrem, I just had a thought about what might have happened.  Are you sure TV #2 was trying to tune into the SD feed of ESPN?  Even if TV #2 is not HD-capable, as long as you have the HD package you can tune it to any of the HD channels and it will count as an HD stream.  The box will downconvert the HD into SD for your TV.  The HD feed of ESPN is on channel 1602 while the SD feed is on channel 602.  If you had attempted to tune to 1602 while recording two other HD streams on your DVR you would have gotten the "all streams in use" message.  Could this have been the case last night?

Re: 5 HD TV's can they all watch different HD programming at the same time?

31 of 59 (515 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2009 10:58:58 AM
(0)
Tutor

ba11man wrote:

crimscrem wrote:

That's a very good question.  I don't know the answer to that.  I'll have to keep that in mind.  I called Uverse back.  They confirmed that the information I had initially received was wrong (HD counts as two streams).  The guy ran a test on my gateway and said he noticed a break in the signal.  I guess the port was set to automatic rather than being assigned.  He said that this might affect things.  anyway, he assigned ports and then reran the test.  The results were fine after that.  I'm not technical enough to know whether this is correct.  But I'm suppose to get a call back tonight after I get home and test it out.

An interesting comment he made was that my account had a flash on it saying that my area had recently received an increase in bandwidth, which may allow me to receive more than 2HD/2SD.  I found that interesting given that my install was a pain in the butt given how far I am from the hub thing (around or a bit over 3000 ft I believe).  The guys had to call into his boss (tier 2 maybe?) to do something to get me from 1HD to 2HD.  We also did an ethernet install because of a coax issue within the house.

ba11man wrote:

crimscrem wrote:

That's a very good question.  I don't know the answer to that.  I'll have to keep that in mind.  I called Uverse back.  They confirmed that the information I had initially received was wrong (HD counts as two streams).  The guy ran a test on my gateway and said he noticed a break in the signal.  I guess the port was set to automatic rather than being assigned.  He said that this might affect things.  anyway, he assigned ports and then reran the test.  The results were fine after that.  I'm not technical enough to know whether this is correct.  But I'm suppose to get a call back tonight after I get home and test it out.

An interesting comment he made was that my account had a flash on it saying that my area had recently received an increase in bandwidth, which may allow me to receive more than 2HD/2SD.  I found that interesting given that my install was a pain in the butt given how far I am from the hub thing (around or a bit over 3000 ft I believe).  The guys had to call into his boss (tier 2 maybe?) to do something to get me from 1HD to 2HD.  We also did an ethernet install because of a coax issue within the house.

32 of 59 (515 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2009 10:59:30 PM
(0)
Guru

Its not possible to have 5 TV running 5 different HD programs at the same time. That will account for 5 HD stream already. And the most we could get is just 2HD/2SD. 3HD/SD is still on development and just available on customers which are very near the DSLAM.

If the DSLAM or VRAD (VRAD is inside the DSLAM) is just on your backyard then maybe you have have more streams.

Message Edited by PowerCycle on 03-24-2009 11:01 PM

Its not possible to have 5 TV running 5 different HD programs at the same time. That will account for 5 HD stream already. And the most we could get is just 2HD/2SD. 3HD/SD is still on development and just available on customers which are very near the DSLAM.

If the DSLAM or VRAD (VRAD is inside the DSLAM) is just on your backyard then maybe you have have more streams.

33 of 59 (515 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 25, 2009 6:39:04 AM
(0)
Expert
I had a thought yesterday, saw the fine print on a UV commercial (briefly!) about the install for up to 8 TVs...doesn't say HD or SD or 4 streams, might be part of the problem?
I had a thought yesterday, saw the fine print on a UV commercial (briefly!) about the install for up to 8 TVs...doesn't say HD or SD or 4 streams, might be part of the problem?

34 of 59 (515 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 25, 2009 10:42:44 AM
(0)
Scholar

PowerCycle wrote:

You can watch 2 live HD Streams, and 2 recorded HD streams

PowerCycle wrote:

You can watch 2 live HD Streams, and 2 recorded HD streams

35 of 59 (515 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 25, 2009 8:54:18 PM
(0)
Tutor

spd2demun wrote:

there is a total home dvr pdf that shows how you can get 8 TVs to work.  it's a combination of HD live, SD live, and HD and SD recorded.

spd2demun wrote:

there is a total home dvr pdf that shows how you can get 8 TVs to work.  it's a combination of HD live, SD live, and HD and SD recorded.

36 of 59 (515 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 25, 2009 9:23:50 PM
(0)
Guru

Playing back recorded programs should not take up streams. Only when recording and watching live TV. Watching the same program on multiple TV will just take up 1 stream. Its only when you watch different programs that it will take up individual streams. Watching a live TV while its being recorded will also be considered as 1 stream only. If you have multiple TV, you just need to balance or manage your streams.

Playing back recorded programs should not take up streams. Only when recording and watching live TV. Watching the same program on multiple TV will just take up 1 stream. Its only when you watch different programs that it will take up individual streams. Watching a live TV while its being recorded will also be considered as 1 stream only. If you have multiple TV, you just need to balance or manage your streams.

37 of 59 (515 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 26, 2009 4:38:15 AM
(0)
Teacher

PowerCycle wrote:

Thanks PowerCycle. I have learned a lot from this thread. There is no way I would ever require my family to "manage streams", I can't get them to agree on what to watch and when, no less restrict them because the service provider can't meet basic requirements.  I did sign up for Uverse 18MB internet, so hopefully that will work well. I have the 6MB one now and it works great.

Looks like I will have to stick w Comcast/DirectTV combo.

PowerCycle wrote:

Thanks PowerCycle. I have learned a lot from this thread. There is no way I would ever require my family to "manage streams", I can't get them to agree on what to watch and when, no less restrict them because the service provider can't meet basic requirements.  I did sign up for Uverse 18MB internet, so hopefully that will work well. I have the 6MB one now and it works great.

Looks like I will have to stick w Comcast/DirectTV combo.

38 of 59 (515 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 26, 2009 6:04:37 AM
(0)
Expert
Yeah, I know, but someone who is thinking of subscribing might read that fine print (with NO details) and sign up thinking they have 8 TVs that can watch anything, anytime. :smileysad:

crimscrem wrote:

spd2demun wrote:

Yeah, I know, but someone who is thinking of subscribing might read that fine print (with NO details) and sign up thinking they have 8 TVs that can watch anything, anytime. :smileysad:

crimscrem wrote:

spd2demun wrote:

39 of 59 (515 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 28, 2009 3:50:29 PM
(0)
Employee

2HD / 2SD Live in

to 

RG    1HD Live to  Room #1 STB

to

1HD / 2SD     to    DVR  which can   Record 1HD AND 2SD shows

from DVR    you can watch  2HD /1SD  recordings  on 3 different STBs

2HD / 2SD Live in

to 

RG    1HD Live to  Room #1 STB

to

1HD / 2SD     to    DVR  which can   Record 1HD AND 2SD shows

from DVR    you can watch  2HD /1SD  recordings  on 3 different STBs

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

40 of 59 (515 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 31, 2009 8:43:35 AM
(0)
Tutor
bottom line is this if u do a lot of recording in hd u wont like this im already having conflicts because u only get two lines of hd. plus u cant delete or record on any of the other boxes u have to be at the dvr box. in other words u watch a program in ur bedroom thats taped then u get through and want to delete it u can't in my case have to go upstairs to dvr to delete it. im keeping my directv cause i can record 6 hds at one tme cause i have 3 boxes. Plus u cant record vod or pay per view programs and u cant set them up from ur computer or phone cause u cant tape them. They have got lot of issues as far as this type of thing Directv blows this away. 
bottom line is this if u do a lot of recording in hd u wont like this im already having conflicts because u only get two lines of hd. plus u cant delete or record on any of the other boxes u have to be at the dvr box. in other words u watch a program in ur bedroom thats taped then u get through and want to delete it u can't in my case have to go upstairs to dvr to delete it. im keeping my directv cause i can record 6 hds at one tme cause i have 3 boxes. Plus u cant record vod or pay per view programs and u cant set them up from ur computer or phone cause u cant tape them. They have got lot of issues as far as this type of thing Directv blows this away. 

41 of 59 (645 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 31, 2009 9:50:02 AM
(0)
Expert

rcbsbab wrote:

You can't record PPV on DirecTV either.  (Actually, with some models of their DVR, it will allow you to record, but if you attempt to play it back after the PPV period ends, it won't play).

There is no need to record VOD, because it's VOD.  It's there and always available, and doesn't use any space on your DVR.

Yes, you have to get up and go to another room to delete or schedule a program.  But tell me, how is that any different from DirecTV?  If you're watching TV in the living room, and you want to record something that you later want to watch in the bedroom, guess what?  You have to get up and go set that recording on the bedroom DVR.  That's no different -- you still had to get up and go to another room.

The systems are even right now as far as recording effort.  As soon as AT&T implements the next phase of THDVR, AT&T's system will be superior.

rcbsbab wrote:

You can't record PPV on DirecTV either.  (Actually, with some models of their DVR, it will allow you to record, but if you attempt to play it back after the PPV period ends, it won't play).

There is no need to record VOD, because it's VOD.  It's there and always available, and doesn't use any space on your DVR.

Yes, you have to get up and go to another room to delete or schedule a program.  But tell me, how is that any different from DirecTV?  If you're watching TV in the living room, and you want to record something that you later want to watch in the bedroom, guess what?  You have to get up and go set that recording on the bedroom DVR.  That's no different -- you still had to get up and go to another room.

The systems are even right now as far as recording effort.  As soon as AT&T implements the next phase of THDVR, AT&T's system will be superior.

42 of 59 (645 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 31, 2009 11:04:53 AM
(0)
Tutor
i record ppv all the time and as i said i can record 6 hd cause i have three boxes so therefore i have no conflicts with more than 2 hds going at one time like u verse also i can delete from each box. And i can schedule the recording of ppv or vod from my phone or computer u cant do that with u verse. ive done the comparison and no doubt u verse blows directv away as far as premium movies like hbo,cinemax,etc they have many more than directv but their sports pkg of the fox programming is not in hd where directv is. So depends on if u do a lot of recording of hd programming and if ur a movie buff or not then ur decision is cut and dry.
i record ppv all the time and as i said i can record 6 hd cause i have three boxes so therefore i have no conflicts with more than 2 hds going at one time like u verse also i can delete from each box. And i can schedule the recording of ppv or vod from my phone or computer u cant do that with u verse. ive done the comparison and no doubt u verse blows directv away as far as premium movies like hbo,cinemax,etc they have many more than directv but their sports pkg of the fox programming is not in hd where directv is. So depends on if u do a lot of recording of hd programming and if ur a movie buff or not then ur decision is cut and dry.

43 of 59 (645 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 31, 2009 11:07:23 AM
(0)
Tutor
whats the next phase of thdvr?

44 of 59 (645 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 31, 2009 11:16:31 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

rcbsbab wrote:

I believe the next phase will be the ability to schedule and delete recordings from the STBs.

rcbsbab wrote:

I believe the next phase will be the ability to schedule and delete recordings from the STBs.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

45 of 59 (645 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 31, 2009 11:31:27 AM
(0)
Tutor
well my tech that installed it said they were working on that but no guarantees
well my tech that installed it said they were working on that but no guarantees

46 of 59 (645 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 31, 2009 12:36:45 PM
(0)
Expert

rcbsbab wrote:

On DirecTV, you can delete from each box, but you can only delete programs that are on that particular DVR.  If you want to delete another program on another DVR, you have to again get up and go to that room.

You also have full ability to schedule and delete recordings from a computer with U-Verse using the U-Verse web remote.  In addition, DirecTV just rolled out this feature within the past couple of months.  U-Verse has had this for over a year and half.

Phase 2 of THDVR will allow scheduling and deleting of recorded programs from any box.  This is rumored to be implemented soon, but there have been no hard dates.

Message Edited by SomeJoe7777 on 03-31-2009 02:37 PM

rcbsbab wrote:

On DirecTV, you can delete from each box, but you can only delete programs that are on that particular DVR.  If you want to delete another program on another DVR, you have to again get up and go to that room.

You also have full ability to schedule and delete recordings from a computer with U-Verse using the U-Verse web remote.  In addition, DirecTV just rolled out this feature within the past couple of months.  U-Verse has had this for over a year and half.

Phase 2 of THDVR will allow scheduling and deleting of recorded programs from any box.  This is rumored to be implemented soon, but there have been no hard dates.

Message Edited by SomeJoe7777 on 03-31-2009 02:37 PM

47 of 59 (645 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 14, 2010 8:05:00 PM
(0)
Tutor

Just had u-verse installed so I'm getting used to the different settings and features.  Reading through some of the posts on this thread, it appears that I should be able to record up to 2 HD programs at the same time.  I tried scheduling a couple of HD programs whose times overlapped but one of the programs showed a message that said there was a conflict and couldnt be recorded.  Any idea why this is the case? Seems like I should be able to record two HD programs at the same time.  I only have one TV in the house, could this be the reason?  A similar thing happened when I was watching an HD program and a scheduled HD program came up and uverse forced me to switch channel.  I coudlnt change to another HD channel without cancelling the scheduled recording.  Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Just had u-verse installed so I'm getting used to the different settings and features.  Reading through some of the posts on this thread, it appears that I should be able to record up to 2 HD programs at the same time.  I tried scheduling a couple of HD programs whose times overlapped but one of the programs showed a message that said there was a conflict and couldnt be recorded.  Any idea why this is the case? Seems like I should be able to record two HD programs at the same time.  I only have one TV in the house, could this be the reason?  A similar thing happened when I was watching an HD program and a scheduled HD program came up and uverse forced me to switch channel.  I coudlnt change to another HD channel without cancelling the scheduled recording.  Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

48 of 59 (645 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 14, 2010 9:40:28 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

granty wrote:

Check to see how many HD streams you have available by navigating from the TV as follows:

Menu -->  Options --> System Options --> System information --> System Resources

What are your "WAN Profile" and "Egress Profile"?

granty wrote:

Check to see how many HD streams you have available by navigating from the TV as follows:

Menu -->  Options --> System Options --> System information --> System Resources

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

49 of 59 (645 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 15, 2010 4:54:42 AM
(0)
Tutor

texasguy37 wrote:

granty wrote:

WAN profile: 3 SD/1HD; Max bandwidth 18900k
Ingress profile: 3SD/1HD Ingress Bandwidth 18900k
Egress profile: 20000k, 1 SD/2HD

texasguy37 wrote:

granty wrote:

WAN profile: 3 SD/1HD; Max bandwidth 18900k
Ingress profile: 3SD/1HD Ingress Bandwidth 18900k
Egress profile: 20000k, 1 SD/2HD

50 of 59 (645 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 15, 2010 7:27:54 AM
(0)
Expert

That's your problem...WAN & Ingress should show 2HD/2SD.

What do you see on this page (will need password from sticker on side/bottom of RG/router):

http://192.168.1.254/xslt?PAGE=J03&THISPAGE=A02_POST&NEXTPAGE=J03

You may be too far away from the VRAD, but some with the 19-profile have been able to call TS and get bumped up to allow the 2nd HD stream.

What do you see on this page (will need password from sticker on side/bottom of RG/router):

You may be too far away from the VRAD, but some with the 19-profile have been able to call TS and get bumped up to allow the 2nd HD stream.

51 of 59 (824 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 15, 2010 7:28:41 AM
(0)
Master

they have u on 1 hd profile due to distance to the vrad...

can u go to this link and post ur max stats...  

http://gateway.2wire.net/xslt?PAGE=J03&THISPAGE=A02_POST&NEXTPAGE=J03

below 30 --33   they put peeps on the 19200 profile

u will need the psscode on the side of the rg3800  and be at home

randy

DSL  Down  Up
Current Rate:  32200 kbs   5040 kbs 
Max Rate:  53754 kbs   Not Available
Current Connection:
 Current Noise Margin:  20.5 dB   Not Available
 Current Attenuation:  12.0 dB   Not Available
 Current Output Power:  14.3 dBm   -18.7 dBm 

IP  Bytes  Packets  Drops  Errors  %
Transmit:  920207378  6381101  0  0  0
Receive:  189876064933  139249467  0  1  0

they have u on 1 hd profile due to distance to the vrad...

can u go to this link and post ur max stats...  

http://gateway.2wire.net/xslt?PAGE=J03&THISPAGE=A02_POST&NEXTPAGE=J03

below 30 --33   they put peeps on the 19200 profile

u will need the psscode on the side of the rg3800  and be at home

randy

DSL  Down  Up
Current Rate:  32200 kbs   5040 kbs 
Max Rate:  53754 kbs   Not Available
Current Connection:
 Current Noise Margin:  20.5 dB   Not Available
 Current Attenuation:  12.0 dB   Not Available
 Current Output Power:  14.3 dBm   -18.7 dBm 

IP  Bytes  Packets  Drops  Errors  %
Transmit:  920207378  6381101  0  0  0
Receive:  189876064933  139249467  0  1  0

52 of 59 (824 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 15, 2010 4:48:17 PM
(0)
Tutor

spd2demun wrote:

up                down

Current Rate:   19192 kbs   2040 kbs

Max Rate:        27778 kbs   Not Available

Current Connection:  

Current Noise Margin:   16.0 dB   Not Available  

Current Attenuation:   27.0 dB   Not Available  

Current Output Power:   12.3 dBm   6.2 dBm

spd2demun wrote:

up                down

Current Rate:   19192 kbs   2040 kbs

Max Rate:        27778 kbs   Not Available

Current Connection:  

Current Noise Margin:   16.0 dB   Not Available  

Current Attenuation:   27.0 dB   Not Available  

Current Output Power:   12.3 dBm   6.2 dBm

53 of 59 (824 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 15, 2010 6:52:19 PM
(0)
Expert

Yup, you're on the 19-profile.

Call the number at end of my post and ask if they can bump you up (so you can get 2HD).  May or not be possible depending on your distance.

Yup, you're on the 19-profile.

Call the number at end of my post and ask if they can bump you up (so you can get 2HD).  May or not be possible depending on your distance.

54 of 59 (824 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 17, 2010 12:43:44 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

With a max sync of 27.7 Mbps, I'm thinking the 25/2 profile isn't a good idea.  Unless they can do something to clean up his line.

With a max sync of 27.7 Mbps, I'm thinking the 25/2 profile isn't a good idea.  Unless they can do something to clean up his line.

55 of 59 (824 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 18, 2010 3:54:56 PM
(0)
Tutor

Thanks for the info.   This limitation on u-verse service is disappointing because we were excited to be able to record 4 programs at once but didnt know there was this caveat of the 1hd/3sd limitation for some people.  I haven't called to check if they can up my account to 2HD but if it turns out to be no, does ATT have the ability or plans on having the line cleaned up or upgraded in the future?  If this is a delivery method limitation (fiberoptics?) then it sounds doubtful unless new technology comes along?

Thanks for the info.   This limitation on u-verse service is disappointing because we were excited to be able to record 4 programs at once but didnt know there was this caveat of the 1hd/3sd limitation for some people.  I haven't called to check if they can up my account to 2HD but if it turns out to be no, does ATT have the ability or plans on having the line cleaned up or upgraded in the future?  If this is a delivery method limitation (fiberoptics?) then it sounds doubtful unless new technology comes along?

56 of 59 (824 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 23, 2010 9:53:16 AM
(0)
Contributor

The links you added aren't coming up for me. Can you recheck them?

The links you added aren't coming up for me. Can you recheck them?

57 of 59 (824 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 23, 2010 10:29:47 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

That was under the old firmware, try this one:

http://192.168.1.254/xslt?PAGE=C_1_0 (no password needed) :smileywink:

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-800-983-2811 to avoid Mr. Voice Recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

That was under the old firmware, try this one:

http://192.168.1.254/xslt?PAGE=C_1_0 (no password needed) :smileywink:

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-800-983-2811 to avoid Mr. Voice Recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

58 of 59 (824 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 29, 2010 1:59:47 PM
(0)
Teacher

Speaking of new firmware... I can now watch 3HD/1SD live steams at once. As such, the peaks are thus: watching 5HD steams at once (3 live, 2 recorded) or watching 7SD steams at once (4 live, 3 recorded). I don't know where people got 8SD steams from, as my DVR has an egress limited to 2HD/1SD, which implies 3 streams max.

My complaint is that in my household no one watched anything live. As such, that the DVR is still limited to recording 2HD at a time, the effective limit for the household is just 2HD at a time.

Speaking of new firmware... I can now watch 3HD/1SD live steams at once. As such, the peaks are thus: watching 5HD steams at once (3 live, 2 recorded) or watching 7SD steams at once (4 live, 3 recorded). I don't know where people got 8SD steams from, as my DVR has an egress limited to 2HD/1SD, which implies 3 streams max.

My complaint is that in my household no one watched anything live. As such, that the DVR is still limited to recording 2HD at a time, the effective limit for the household is just 2HD at a time.

59 of 59 (824 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments