5.1 Surround Sound

Scholar

5.1 Surround Sound

I got the DVR update last night. How do I check to see if I have 5.1 Surround Sound or not. I followed one instruction from another post, but could not find anything..
803 Views
Message 1 of 20
Expert

Re: 5.1 Surround Sound


Kooz wrote:

I received the update today, and lost my 5.1 Surround.    I spent quite a while searching for the audio setup, but couldn't find it.  So, I called Tech. Support and spent another 15 minutes on the phone as they "ran tests" on my system.  It did give me the chance to complain about the random high pitch noises the box has been making for the past few months.  End result, a Technician is coming to check this out tomorrow.  What a waste of time.  I found this thread AFTER calling Tech Support, but you would think that at least they would know what is going on.  I'm sure they have been receiving PLENTY of complaints about the loss of 5.1 after the update.

 

Date Update Rcvd:  07/08/09

City:  San Diego

 

Date 5.1 Restored:  ?????

 

 

I'm not very happy right now.


 

Welcome to the forum!  Frequency, you will received faster and better help if you visit this forum first instead of calling customer service.  :smileyhappy:

 

Users are reporting that they receive the hotfix which restores 5.1 sound within a few days after receiving the update.  AT&T is waiting for all users in a certain market to receive the initial update before pushing out the hotfix.  Which market are you located in? 

 

Users are also reporting that 5.1 sounds can now be obtained using HDMI, and that the hotfix corrected the audio drop problem.

Message 16 of 20
Contributor

Re: 5.1 Surround Sound


texasguy37 wrote:  

Welcome to the forum!  Frequency, you will received faster and better help if you visit this forum first instead of calling customer service.  :smileyhappy:

 

Users are reporting that they receive the hotfix which restores 5.1 sound within a few days after receiving the update.  AT&T is waiting for all users in a certain market to receive the initial update before pushing out the hotfix.  Which market are you located in? 

 

Users are also reporting that 5.1 sounds can now be obtained using HDMI, and that the hotfix corrected the audio drop problem.


San Diego, CA

Message Edited by Kooz on 07-08-2009 11:31 PM
Message 17 of 20
Expert

Re: 5.1 Surround Sound


Kooz wrote:

texasguy37 wrote:  

Welcome to the forum!  Frequency, you will received faster and better help if you visit this forum first instead of calling customer service.  :smileyhappy:

 

Users are reporting that they receive the hotfix which restores 5.1 sound within a few days after receiving the update.  AT&T is waiting for all users in a certain market to receive the initial update before pushing out the hotfix.  Which market are you located in? 

 

Users are also reporting that 5.1 sounds can now be obtained using HDMI, and that the hotfix corrected the audio drop problem.


San Diego, CA


 

Cool!  The rumor is that everyone will have the updates by July 10th, so you don't have long to wait.
Message 18 of 20
Contributor

Re: 5.1 Surround Sound

I'm not going to hold my breath on that one though.:smileymad:

 

It better be back up by Saturday night..........UFC 100!

Message Edited by Kooz on 07-08-2009 11:37 PM
Message 19 of 20
Highlighted
Expert

Re: 5.1 Surround Sound


Kooz wrote:

I'm not going to hold my breath on that one though.:smileymad:

 

It better be back up by Saturday night..........UFC 100!

Message Edited by Kooz on 07-08-2009 11:37 PM

You might also want to check out the thread below concerning the noise coming from your DVR:

 

http://utalk.att.com/utalk/board/message?board.id=Uverse_TV_Equipment&thread.id=11940&view=by_date_a...

Message 20 of 20
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support