Ask a question

Highlighted
Posted Dec 6, 2010
7:15:25 PM
View profile
4 HD video stream

I have fiber to the premises, if ATT advertises this feature why I cannot get it? I have called technical support and they tell me I can only get 3; what is the issue?

4 HD video stream

12 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(12)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 6, 2010 7:24:12 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

It is probably because of your proximity to the VRAD.  Click on this link and download the Realtime app, run it and post a screen shot of the page that shows your profile.  Then we can see what profile you are on.  If you are on the the 32/5 profile then your service could handle the 0sd/4hd streams. 

http://www.uverserealtime.com/

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: 4 HD video stream

2 of 13 (1,572 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 7, 2010 3:50:31 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by oufanindallas on Dec 7, 2010 at 3:58:11 AM

I have FTTP and still can't get 24mbs internet or 4/0 Wan profile.  It does seem odd that those that are FTTN can get it before those of us that are FTTP.  Not quite sure of the logic behind it, but since I only have 3 tvs and nick jr isn't HD, I don't worry about it much.

RC,  if you're on FTTP UVRT only shows FTTP and no distance.

Stats-2010-12-07-05-56-30.png

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
3 of 13 (1,511 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 7, 2010 7:39:07 AM
(0)
Expert

Most of the guys over at DLS reports are saying that FTTP users can get 4HD, but cannot get 24/3 internet.  You will probably have to contact David/Matt to get an FTTP connection upgraded to 4HD.

4 of 13 (1,477 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 8, 2010 8:38:13 PM
(0)
Scholar

I think it might have something to do with the ONT on the outside of the house.  It is similar to an iNID, which at this time can only get the 25meg profile.  I will check with the ONT people and verify to be certain.

5 of 13 (1,316 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 9, 2010 3:45:03 PM
(0)
Guru

txnroger wrote:

I think it might have something to do with the ONT on the outside of the house.  It is similar to an iNID, which at this time can only get the 25meg profile.  I will check with the ONT people and verify to be certain.

I agree, I think it has something to do with the ONT being provisioned for the 25meg profile, I have heard that the only way to remove it is to replace it with an unprovisioned ONT or an ONT provisioned for the 32 meg profile

6 of 13 (1,230 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 9, 2010 7:57:20 PM
(0)
Scholar

Ok, talked with the FTTP guys today.  There are two different types of ONT's depending on the area of the country you live in.  One can get the 32meg profile and the other cannot.  If you want to send me your information I can check which version of ONT you are on.

7 of 13 (1,196 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 10, 2010 6:33:26 PM
(0)
Expert

Can you elaborate on which parts of the country have what?

Is this similar to the DVR/STBs, Moto or Cisco, depending on the market?

8 of 13 (1,137 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 10, 2010 6:36:00 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Is the country divided into quarters?  Because there are those on every coast who are have the 32/5 profile.

9 of 13 (1,131 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 10, 2010 8:38:52 PM
(0)
Scholar

It has to do with BPON and GPON and what was installed in the neighborhood in question from what I am being told.  I would have to look up the BAN to be certain what any specific customer has.

10 of 13 (1,114 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 11, 2010 3:53:04 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

I realize that proximity to the VRAD is the real determinig factor, but I was just wondering if there was something else that was involved as well.

11 of 13 (507 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 13, 2010 8:07:29 AM
(0)
Scholar

For each speed tier there is an associated profile in the back-end systems, hardware at the house, the network, VHO, VRADS, basically every piece of equipment that the signal goes through.  That profile goes through a lot of testing before being released into the field.  For iNID and the ONTs the 32 meg profile has not completed certification.  Once it completes the certification process it then gets released to the field, normally in a VHO by VHO roll out.   We do the rollout so that if there is a problem that we did not find during testing we don't spread that problem to the entire network.

12 of 13 (466 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 14, 2010 4:26:37 PM
(0)
Employee

RCSMG wrote:

I realize that proximity to the VRAD is the real determinig factor, but I was just wondering if there was something else that was involved as well.

The customers are Fiber to the Premise/house so the distance is not a factor like it is in a FTTN on copper from a vrad.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

13 of 13 (417 Views)