3HD

3HD

My system resources are showing 1SD / 3HD but I still cannot record or watch 3 HD channels at one time. I can set up the recordings without a conflict message but when the time comes, I get "All HD services are in use". 

Any ideas?

Thanks

Message 1 of 29 (1,389 Views)
Expert

Re: 3HD

Are both your WAN Profile and Ingress Profile 1 SD/3 HD?

Message 2 of 29 (1,383 Views)

texasguy37 wrote:

Are both your WAN Profile and Ingress Profile 1 SD/3 HD?

WAN is 1SD / 3HD

Ingress is 2SD / 2HD. 

Egress is 1SD / 2HD

Message 3 of 29 (1,383 Views)
Expert

JiminSTLouis wrote:

WAN is 1SD / 3HD

Ingress is 2SD / 2HD. 

Egress is 1SD / 2HD

The Ingress Profile of 2 SD/2 HD means that you can only record 2 HD channels at the same time.  Your Ingress Profile would need to be 1 SD/3 HD in order to record 3 HD channels.

Call Technical Support to see if the upgrade to record 3 HD channels is available in your area.

Message 4 of 29 (1,383 Views)

texasguy37 wrote:

JiminSTLouis wrote:

WAN is 1SD / 3HD

Ingress is 2SD / 2HD. 

Egress is 1SD / 2HD

The Ingress Profile of 2 SD/2 HD means that you can only record 2 HD channels at the same time.  Your Ingress Profile would need to be 1 SD/3 HD in order to record 3 HD channels.

Call Technical Support to see if the upgrade to record 3 HD channels is available in your area.

Thanks for the info.  I will do that.

And a correction to my original post:  I CAN watch 3 HD channels at one time.

Message 5 of 29 (1,383 Views)
Expert

Yes, the WAN Profile of 1 SD/3 HD allows 3 HD channels to be watched at the same time.

Message 6 of 29 (1,383 Views)

texasguy37 wrote:

Yes, the WAN Profile of 1 SD/3 HD allows 3 HD channels to be watched at the same time.

Tier 2 said nobody can record 3HD at once.  He also said 1 in 6000 customers can watch 4HD at once, but that is VERY limited.  I also didn't know that if I was recording 2HD's, I could only "watch" a 3rd HD on a non-DVR box.  That is the trouble I had Monday night when I was trying to watch Castle.

Thanks again for the advise.

Message 7 of 29 (1,383 Views)
Expert

Many customers, including myself, have the Ingress Profile of 1 SD/3 HD and can record 3 HD channels.  I also have a WAN Profile of 0 SD/4 HD and can watch 4 HD channels.

Since you struck out with Technical Support, I would suggest that you contact the Sales Department to see if you can be upgraded.

Message 8 of 29 (1,383 Views)

texasguy37 wrote:

Many customers, including myself, have the Ingress Profile of 1 SD/3 HD and can record 3 HD channels.  I also have a WAN Profile of 0 SD/4 HD and can watch 4 HD channels.

Since you struck out with Technical Support, I would suggest that you contact the Sales Department to see if you can be upgraded.

Wow, I think I will do that. 

Message 9 of 29 (1,383 Views)

texasguy37 wrote:

HA!  Sales is upgrading me to 4 HD streams!  She seemed surprised that I was able to get it.  She said it should be available in a couple of hours.

Thanks TEX!

Message 10 of 29 (1,383 Views)
Highlighted
Expert

Good deal!

Message 11 of 29 (1,084 Views)

That was a fast couple of hours.  I now have:

WAN 0 SD / 4 HD

Ingress 1 SD / 3 HD

Egress 1 SD / 2 HD

I had to reboot all boxes on the system and am now watching 4 HD channels and recording 3 of them.  SWEET!  Why didn't Tier 2 tech support know about this??

U-verse just keeps getting better and better!

Message 12 of 29 (1,084 Views)
Expert

I had the same issue with Tech Support when I attempted to upgrade to 4 HD.  The tech support person did mention that the Sales Department had better tools to upgrade customers.  I called Sales, and they were able to upgrade me.

Message 13 of 29 (1,084 Views)
Mentor

Congrats!   I'm in the same boat...What phone number for sales?  

Message 14 of 29 (1,084 Views)
Expert

Call 800-288-2020

Message 15 of 29 (1,084 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.