Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Apr 30, 2010
8:05:00 AM
View profile
3HD Feeds

Good morning.  I am a new customer to U-Verse.  Just one day into service and everything is going good so far.  When my service was installed yesterday I asked the tech which profile I was going to be on.  He said 32/5.  He said I would get 3HD feeds.  My WAN profile is set to 3HD/1SD, but my ingress is not.  My question is how do I get my ingress changed from 2HD/2SD to 3D/1SD?  Thanks for your help.

Good morning.  I am a new customer to U-Verse.  Just one day into service and everything is going good so far.  When my service was installed yesterday I asked the tech which profile I was going to be on.  He said 32/5.  He said I would get 3HD feeds.  My WAN profile is set to 3HD/1SD, but my ingress is not.  My question is how do I get my ingress changed from 2HD/2SD to 3D/1SD?  Thanks for your help.

3HD Feeds

45 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(45)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 22, 2010 11:32:08 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

TexasEd wrote:

Just noticed last night we're up to 3/1 here in Universal City.  Don't know when it happened -- glad to see it! :smileyhappy:

What is your Ingress Profile?

TexasEd wrote:

Just noticed last night we're up to 3/1 here in Universal City.  Don't know when it happened -- glad to see it! :smileyhappy:

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: 3HD Feeds

31 of 46 (108 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 22, 2010 11:59:45 AM
(0)
Mentor
I'm excited to see that AT&T is rolling out the ability to record 3 HD shows at once! Tried restarting my DVR this morning, but I still have the 2/2 ingress profile (I've had the 1/3 WAN profile for awhile now). I can be patient though. :smileywink: This, plus rolling out CBS HD On Demand, will make the coming fall season much easier to handle. Now, finding time to watch all this TV is another matter... :smileyhappy:
I'm excited to see that AT&T is rolling out the ability to record 3 HD shows at once! Tried restarting my DVR this morning, but I still have the 2/2 ingress profile (I've had the 1/3 WAN profile for awhile now). I can be patient though. :smileywink: This, plus rolling out CBS HD On Demand, will make the coming fall season much easier to handle. Now, finding time to watch all this TV is another matter... :smileyhappy:

32 of 46 (108 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 22, 2010 12:24:11 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Actually its record 2 hd programs and watch 1 hd program simultaneously.  But that is still good too.

Actually its record 2 hd programs and watch 1 hd program simultaneously.  But that is still good too.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

33 of 46 (108 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 22, 2010 12:50:04 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Customers are starting to receive an Ingress Profile of 1 SD/3 HD which does allow 3 HD channels to be recorded at the same time.

Customers are starting to receive an Ingress Profile of 1 SD/3 HD which does allow 3 HD channels to be recorded at the same time.

34 of 46 (108 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 22, 2010 12:55:25 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Didn't know about that.  Cool.

Didn't know about that.  Cool.

35 of 46 (108 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 22, 2010 9:52:50 PM
(0)
Teacher

I noticed I had the 3HD/1SD WAN profile in Walnut Creek, CA (1/2 hour east of San Francisco) today.

I can watch 3 HD streams, but only record 2.

The ingress and egress profiles (don't remember which was which) are 2HD/2SD and 1HD/2SD.

I noticed I had the 3HD/1SD WAN profile in Walnut Creek, CA (1/2 hour east of San Francisco) today.

I can watch 3 HD streams, but only record 2.

The ingress and egress profiles (don't remember which was which) are 2HD/2SD and 1HD/2SD.

36 of 46 (108 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 23, 2010 7:14:26 AM
(0)
Contributor

We just got the u-verse service the other day.  We're basically happy with it, except we didn't realize you could only record three shows if they were SD and not HD.  I apologize for my ignorance, but what is the "RG" that is referred to and how can we find out if it reads 32/5?  We checked our set-up and our WAN is 1 SD/3 HD, Ingress profile is 2 SD/2HD and egress profile is 1 SD/2HD.  Thanks for any help!!

We just got the u-verse service the other day.  We're basically happy with it, except we didn't realize you could only record three shows if they were SD and not HD.  I apologize for my ignorance, but what is the "RG" that is referred to and how can we find out if it reads 32/5?  We checked our set-up and our WAN is 1 SD/3 HD, Ingress profile is 2 SD/2HD and egress profile is 1 SD/2HD.  Thanks for any help!!

37 of 46 (108 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 23, 2010 7:56:31 AM
(0)
Teacher

The RG is the Remote Gateway and in simple terms is your router that handles Internet, TV and Phone (if you have Voice over IP).

On your TV at the U-verse menu:

Option, System Options, System Information, System Resources

shows you the profiles along with the max bandwidth.

http://homeportal/ will show you the RG information, 32/5 etc.

The RG is the Remote Gateway and in simple terms is your router that handles Internet, TV and Phone (if you have Voice over IP).

On your TV at the U-verse menu:

Option, System Options, System Information, System Resources

shows you the profiles along with the max bandwidth.

http://homeportal/ will show you the RG information, 32/5 etc.

38 of 46 (108 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 23, 2010 8:02:03 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

ttfn91261 wrote:

You can find your profile using the link below.  Look at your "User Rate" under the DSL Details section.

http://192.168.1.254/xslt?PAGE=C_1_0

With your profile, you are able to record 4 programs at the same time.  With an Ingress Profile of 2 SD/2 HD, up to 2 of those programs can be HD.  Thus, you could choose to record 4 SD programs at the same time.

ttfn91261 wrote:

You can find your profile using the link below.  Look at your "User Rate" under the DSL Details section.

http://192.168.1.254/xslt?PAGE=C_1_0

With your profile, you are able to record 4 programs at the same time.  With an Ingress Profile of 2 SD/2 HD, up to 2 of those programs can be HD.  Thus, you could choose to record 4 SD programs at the same time.

39 of 46 (108 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 23, 2010 12:43:24 PM
(0)
Guru

texasguy37 wrote:

TexasEd wrote:

Ingress Profile is 2HD/2SD.  So I guess I don't have it -- or  -- whatever.  I only have two HD TVs, but haven't tried recording + watching 3 HDs at a time.  I was looking at the WAN.  Don't know what any of them mean anyway! :smileysad:

texasguy37 wrote:

TexasEd wrote:

Ingress Profile is 2HD/2SD.  So I guess I don't have it -- or  -- whatever.  I only have two HD TVs, but haven't tried recording + watching 3 HDs at a time.  I was looking at the WAN.  Don't know what any of them mean anyway! :smileysad:

40 of 46 (108 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 23, 2010 12:52:09 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

TexasEd wrote:

The WAN Profile of 1 SD/3 HD indicates that you have the 3 HD profile.  The Ingress Profile of 2 SD/2 HD indicates that you can record 2 HD channels at the same time.  With your profile, you can record 2 HD channels at the same time and watch a 3rd HD channel live.

Some customers have reported that their Ingress Profile has been upgraded to 1 SD/3 HD which does allow them to record 3 HD channels at the same time.

TexasEd wrote:

The WAN Profile of 1 SD/3 HD indicates that you have the 3 HD profile.  The Ingress Profile of 2 SD/2 HD indicates that you can record 2 HD channels at the same time.  With your profile, you can record 2 HD channels at the same time and watch a 3rd HD channel live.

Some customers have reported that their Ingress Profile has been upgraded to 1 SD/3 HD which does allow them to record 3 HD channels at the same time.

41 of 46 (392 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 23, 2010 12:52:32 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

It means you can record 2 hd channels at the same time and watch and record 2 sd channels.  Or you can record 1 hd channel and watch another channel at the same time.  You can also record 2 hd channels and 2 sd channels at the same time.

It means you can record 2 hd channels at the same time and watch and record 2 sd channels.  Or you can record 1 hd channel and watch another channel at the same time.  You can also record 2 hd channels and 2 sd channels at the same time.

42 of 46 (392 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 23, 2010 1:10:42 PM
(0)
Guru

texasguy37 wrote:

TexasEd wrote:

Thanks -- that's kiinda what I htought.  Maybe we'll all get upgraded eventually...........

texasguy37 wrote:

TexasEd wrote:

Thanks -- that's kiinda what I htought.  Maybe we'll all get upgraded eventually...........

43 of 46 (392 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 24, 2010 9:17:19 AM
(0)
Teacher

What does the Egress profile mean?

What does the Egress profile mean?

44 of 46 (392 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 24, 2010 9:23:24 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

The Egress Profile indicates the number of streams available to watch recorded programming on the DVR.

The Egress Profile indicates the number of streams available to watch recorded programming on the DVR.

45 of 46 (392 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 24, 2010 10:23:38 AM
(0)
Mentor

Just got the 1SD/3HD WAN Profile in Santa Clarita (Los Angeles Area) this morning.  The Ingress is still 2SD/2HD though. This definitely helps in that I can now watch a 3rd HD channel while 2 others are taping. Hopefully they'll change the Ingress profile in the future. That will definitely be a big plus.

Just got the 1SD/3HD WAN Profile in Santa Clarita (Los Angeles Area) this morning.  The Ingress is still 2SD/2HD though. This definitely helps in that I can now watch a 3rd HD channel while 2 others are taping. Hopefully they'll change the Ingress profile in the future. That will definitely be a big plus.

46 of 46 (392 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments