3HD Feeds

Contributor

3HD Feeds

Good morning.  I am a new customer to U-Verse.  Just one day into service and everything is going good so far.  When my service was installed yesterday I asked the tech which profile I was going to be on.  He said 32/5.  He said I would get 3HD feeds.  My WAN profile is set to 3HD/1SD, but my ingress is not.  My question is how do I get my ingress changed from 2HD/2SD to 3D/1SD?  Thanks for your help.

Message 1 of 46
ACE - Expert

Re: 3HD Feeds

When ATT changes it, nothing you can do.  Right now you can record 2 HD streams and watch another HD stream on an STB, not the DVR.  Or record 1 HD stream and watch another on an STB and the DVR or another STB. :smileywink:

Edit: And welcome to Uverse and Utalk :smileyvery-happy:

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-800-983-2811 to avoid Mr. Voice Recognition
I Call It Like I See It, Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 46
Contributor

Ok.  Is there some time frame or something that will trigger them to change it? 

Message 3 of 46
ACE - Expert

No, may be tomorow or not until June or later.  We don't have any info on when that will occur, have been reports at DSLreports.com Uverse forum that ingress has been changed to 1SD/3HD. :smileywink:

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r24063313-

Chris

I Call It Like I See It, Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 46
Expert

Many people would just love to be able to record/watch 2 hd streams at the same time.

Welcome to Uverse.

Message 5 of 46

even your gateway is provision with the 3HD (32/5 profile)... if your local Video Hub Office (VHO) is not provision yet with it, you will not be able to get 3HD streams, I am on the same boat here, so hopefully, they will do that soon!

Message 6 of 46
Mentor

Would someone be so kind to tell me how I can tell what my "profile" is? (2HD/2SD.....3HD/1SD). I just got it installed today. Is it a trial and error type process, or do I need to call. Unfortunately, my wife did not ask questions during the install. :smileyindifferent:

Message 7 of 46
Expert

Click menu,  scroll over to Options, click System Options, System Information, then System resources.  It will be the first info listed.

Message 8 of 46
ACE - Expert

menu>options>system options>system information>system resources   Wan profile is incoming to the RG, Ingress profile is incoming to DVR and Egress profile is outgoing from the DVR. :smileywink:

Chris

Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Message 9 of 46
Mentor

Great, thanks for the quick reply.

Message 10 of 46
Mentor

Ok, so next question....

What causes or needs to change to make it go from 2-2 to 3-1?

Message 11 of 46
Highlighted
Employee

Two things your area must support 3HD and normally new customers are given 3HD if it is availiable. Those customers that started service before 3HD was available sometimes have luck calling Teir 2 support and getting the upgrade.  If you post what big city area you are in maybe someone will reply they have 3HD and you can go from there.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 12 of 46
Mentor

I live in Nixa, Missouri. It's really new here, and I'm not sure many have the service. So, I'll probably just have to wait my time.

Message 13 of 46
Mentor

Was told by a rep (yeah, I know that doesn't really mean anything) that everyone would be upgraded one profile in June. Probably old news that is posted somewhere else on the board.....

Message 14 of 46
Guru

What happened to me yesterday may be of interest. After using my internet in the morning, I went back and it was not working. Then I discovered my phone and tv were also out. Called AT&T. The tech tried to fix it remotely but couldn't. Said a tech would have to come out. The GOOD NEWS-A tech arrived at my house within two hours.

After working in the house for awhile he said he had to check something outside. GOOD NEWS/BAD NEWS- Got everything back up aand running. He said the probelm was this. AT&T recently upped this area to the 32 profile which would enable me 3HD streams. I didn't even know. However , because I'm 2400 feet away fro the VRAD, I'm unable to take advantage of it. The tech said  this profile was actually making my system worse. He called and had me put back on the previous profile. He said I shouldn't have any more problems but probably would not be able to get the 3HD streams until they have pair bonding. He said he has been hearing it about for two years but doesn't think AT&T is even close.

Message 15 of 46
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support