Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Apr 30, 2010
8:05:00 AM
View profile
3HD Feeds

Good morning.  I am a new customer to U-Verse.  Just one day into service and everything is going good so far.  When my service was installed yesterday I asked the tech which profile I was going to be on.  He said 32/5.  He said I would get 3HD feeds.  My WAN profile is set to 3HD/1SD, but my ingress is not.  My question is how do I get my ingress changed from 2HD/2SD to 3D/1SD?  Thanks for your help.

Good morning.  I am a new customer to U-Verse.  Just one day into service and everything is going good so far.  When my service was installed yesterday I asked the tech which profile I was going to be on.  He said 32/5.  He said I would get 3HD feeds.  My WAN profile is set to 3HD/1SD, but my ingress is not.  My question is how do I get my ingress changed from 2HD/2SD to 3D/1SD?  Thanks for your help.

3HD Feeds

45 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(45)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 30, 2010 8:16:58 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

When ATT changes it, nothing you can do.  Right now you can record 2 HD streams and watch another HD stream on an STB, not the DVR.  Or record 1 HD stream and watch another on an STB and the DVR or another STB. :smileywink:

Edit: And welcome to Uverse and Utalk :smileyvery-happy:

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-800-983-2811 to avoid Mr. Voice Recognition
I Call It Like I See It, Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

When ATT changes it, nothing you can do.  Right now you can record 2 HD streams and watch another HD stream on an STB, not the DVR.  Or record 1 HD stream and watch another on an STB and the DVR or another STB. :smileywink:

Edit: And welcome to Uverse and Utalk :smileyvery-happy:

Chris

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: 3HD Feeds

2 of 46 (491 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 30, 2010 8:21:43 AM
(0)
Contributor

Ok.  Is there some time frame or something that will trigger them to change it? 

Ok.  Is there some time frame or something that will trigger them to change it? 

3 of 46 (491 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 30, 2010 9:08:56 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

No, may be tomorow or not until June or later.  We don't have any info on when that will occur, have been reports at DSLreports.com Uverse forum that ingress has been changed to 1SD/3HD. :smileywink:

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r24063313-

Chris

No, may be tomorow or not until June or later.  We don't have any info on when that will occur, have been reports at DSLreports.com Uverse forum that ingress has been changed to 1SD/3HD. :smileywink:

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r24063313-

Chris

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 46 (491 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 30, 2010 4:16:38 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Many people would just love to be able to record/watch 2 hd streams at the same time.

Welcome to Uverse.

Many people would just love to be able to record/watch 2 hd streams at the same time.

Welcome to Uverse.

5 of 46 (491 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 1, 2010 8:52:48 AM
(0)
Mentor

even your gateway is provision with the 3HD (32/5 profile)... if your local Video Hub Office (VHO) is not provision yet with it, you will not be able to get 3HD streams, I am on the same boat here, so hopefully, they will do that soon!

even your gateway is provision with the 3HD (32/5 profile)... if your local Video Hub Office (VHO) is not provision yet with it, you will not be able to get 3HD streams, I am on the same boat here, so hopefully, they will do that soon!

6 of 46 (491 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 1, 2010 4:36:25 PM
(0)
Mentor

Would someone be so kind to tell me how I can tell what my "profile" is? (2HD/2SD.....3HD/1SD). I just got it installed today. Is it a trial and error type process, or do I need to call. Unfortunately, my wife did not ask questions during the install. :smileyindifferent:

Would someone be so kind to tell me how I can tell what my "profile" is? (2HD/2SD.....3HD/1SD). I just got it installed today. Is it a trial and error type process, or do I need to call. Unfortunately, my wife did not ask questions during the install. :smileyindifferent:

7 of 46 (491 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 1, 2010 4:40:58 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Click menu,  scroll over to Options, click System Options, System Information, then System resources.  It will be the first info listed.

Click menu,  scroll over to Options, click System Options, System Information, then System resources.  It will be the first info listed.

8 of 46 (491 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 1, 2010 4:43:39 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

menu>options>system options>system information>system resources   Wan profile is incoming to the RG, Ingress profile is incoming to DVR and Egress profile is outgoing from the DVR. :smileywink:

Chris

Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

menu>options>system options>system information>system resources   Wan profile is incoming to the RG, Ingress profile is incoming to DVR and Egress profile is outgoing from the DVR. :smileywink:

Chris

Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

9 of 46 (491 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 1, 2010 4:44:53 PM
(0)
Mentor

Great, thanks for the quick reply.

Great, thanks for the quick reply.

10 of 46 (491 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 2, 2010 3:51:11 AM
(0)
Mentor

Ok, so next question....

What causes or needs to change to make it go from 2-2 to 3-1?

Ok, so next question....

What causes or needs to change to make it go from 2-2 to 3-1?

11 of 46 (556 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 3, 2010 7:14:59 PM
(0)
Employee

Two things your area must support 3HD and normally new customers are given 3HD if it is availiable. Those customers that started service before 3HD was available sometimes have luck calling Teir 2 support and getting the upgrade.  If you post what big city area you are in maybe someone will reply they have 3HD and you can go from there.

Two things your area must support 3HD and normally new customers are given 3HD if it is availiable. Those customers that started service before 3HD was available sometimes have luck calling Teir 2 support and getting the upgrade.  If you post what big city area you are in maybe someone will reply they have 3HD and you can go from there.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

12 of 46 (556 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 4, 2010 5:43:51 AM
(0)
Mentor

I live in Nixa, Missouri. It's really new here, and I'm not sure many have the service. So, I'll probably just have to wait my time.

I live in Nixa, Missouri. It's really new here, and I'm not sure many have the service. So, I'll probably just have to wait my time.

13 of 46 (556 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 5, 2010 5:30:03 AM
(0)
Mentor

Was told by a rep (yeah, I know that doesn't really mean anything) that everyone would be upgraded one profile in June. Probably old news that is posted somewhere else on the board.....

Was told by a rep (yeah, I know that doesn't really mean anything) that everyone would be upgraded one profile in June. Probably old news that is posted somewhere else on the board.....

14 of 46 (556 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 8, 2010 9:05:25 AM
(0)
Guru

What happened to me yesterday may be of interest. After using my internet in the morning, I went back and it was not working. Then I discovered my phone and tv were also out. Called AT&T. The tech tried to fix it remotely but couldn't. Said a tech would have to come out. The GOOD NEWS-A tech arrived at my house within two hours.

After working in the house for awhile he said he had to check something outside. GOOD NEWS/BAD NEWS- Got everything back up aand running. He said the probelm was this. AT&T recently upped this area to the 32 profile which would enable me 3HD streams. I didn't even know. However , because I'm 2400 feet away fro the VRAD, I'm unable to take advantage of it. The tech said  this profile was actually making my system worse. He called and had me put back on the previous profile. He said I shouldn't have any more problems but probably would not be able to get the 3HD streams until they have pair bonding. He said he has been hearing it about for two years but doesn't think AT&T is even close.

What happened to me yesterday may be of interest. After using my internet in the morning, I went back and it was not working. Then I discovered my phone and tv were also out. Called AT&T. The tech tried to fix it remotely but couldn't. Said a tech would have to come out. The GOOD NEWS-A tech arrived at my house within two hours.

After working in the house for awhile he said he had to check something outside. GOOD NEWS/BAD NEWS- Got everything back up aand running. He said the probelm was this. AT&T recently upped this area to the 32 profile which would enable me 3HD streams. I didn't even know. However , because I'm 2400 feet away fro the VRAD, I'm unable to take advantage of it. The tech said  this profile was actually making my system worse. He called and had me put back on the previous profile. He said I shouldn't have any more problems but probably would not be able to get the 3HD streams until they have pair bonding. He said he has been hearing it about for two years but doesn't think AT&T is even close.

15 of 46 (556 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 8, 2010 2:04:26 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Glad you got your services restored.  Unfortunately there are people who are waiting for pair bonding to roll out so they can get UV at all.  I hope, as well as many many others that we are a lot closer to pair bonding and it will be rolled out sometime soon.

Glad you got your services restored.  Unfortunately there are people who are waiting for pair bonding to roll out so they can get UV at all.  I hope, as well as many many others that we are a lot closer to pair bonding and it will be rolled out sometime soon.

16 of 46 (556 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 10, 2010 6:34:54 AM
(0)
Guru

RCSMG wrote:

My service went out again on Sunday. Another tech came right out and I believe it is finally fixed. Needed a new wire from the box on the right-of-way to my house. He also gave me the newest gateway module and some other new hardware. He did tell me the following. He said he believes pair bonding might start rolling out mid to late summer. He also told me 4 HD streams are coming.

RCSMG wrote:

My service went out again on Sunday. Another tech came right out and I believe it is finally fixed. Needed a new wire from the box on the right-of-way to my house. He also gave me the newest gateway module and some other new hardware. He did tell me the following. He said he believes pair bonding might start rolling out mid to late summer. He also told me 4 HD streams are coming.

17 of 46 (556 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 10, 2010 7:49:42 AM
(0)
Master

salt-shaker.jpg

salt-shaker.jpg

18 of 46 (556 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 10, 2010 5:56:43 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Again, glad to know they finally got you a tech that got you going.  It would be great if what he told you was true, but the illustration in Ranyl's post basically says what many of us think when we get info relayed from a UV tech.

At this rate we are all going to suffer from high blood pressure with all of the salt we have had over the past few years.:smileywink:

Again, glad to know they finally got you a tech that got you going.  It would be great if what he told you was true, but the illustration in Ranyl's post basically says what many of us think when we get info relayed from a UV tech.

At this rate we are all going to suffer from high blood pressure with all of the salt we have had over the past few years.:smileywink:

19 of 46 (556 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 13, 2010 8:14:42 AM
(0)
Scholar

I just unplugged each of the STBs for 30 secs. Had 2SD/2HD. After plugging them back in I now have 1SD/3HD! Yippie!!

The RG has been showing 32/5 for sometime so maybe this is what you have to do for the STB's to get the new info. When I saw I had 32/5, about a month ago, I upped my internet speed to 24MB. I just figured the STBs would update when it became available.

Bottom line: If your RG is showing 32/5 pull the plug on the STB for 30 secs and then plug back up and see if the change is there.

I just unplugged each of the STBs for 30 secs. Had 2SD/2HD. After plugging them back in I now have 1SD/3HD! Yippie!!

The RG has been showing 32/5 for sometime so maybe this is what you have to do for the STB's to get the new info. When I saw I had 32/5, about a month ago, I upped my internet speed to 24MB. I just figured the STBs would update when it became available.

Bottom line: If your RG is showing 32/5 pull the plug on the STB for 30 secs and then plug back up and see if the change is there.

20 of 46 (556 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 19, 2010 4:36:55 PM
(0)
Guru

flhthemi wrote:

Where do you live?  Still 2/2 in STL. The DVR reset itself a couple of times last night and I thought I might be getting the update but nothing.

flhthemi wrote:

Where do you live?  Still 2/2 in STL. The DVR reset itself a couple of times last night and I thought I might be getting the update but nothing.

21 of 46 (270 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 19, 2010 5:03:43 PM
(0)
Scholar

I am also now up to 3/1... no idea when it happened but we're there (Austin, TX)

I am also now up to 3/1... no idea when it happened but we're there (Austin, TX)

22 of 46 (270 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 19, 2010 6:17:55 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

robino2001 wrote:

What is your Ingress Profile?

robino2001 wrote:

23 of 46 (270 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 20, 2010 8:36:31 AM
(0)
Scholar

JiminSTLouis wrote:

flhthemi wrote:

Statesville N.C.

JiminSTLouis wrote:

flhthemi wrote:

Statesville N.C.

24 of 46 (270 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 20, 2010 8:13:41 PM
(0)
Scholar

texasguy37 wrote:

robino2001 wrote:

1 SD/ 3 HD - 32.7M... something was downgraded on my profile today though because of some recent issues I've been having - so the downgrade is their troubleshooting attempt.  I assumed/figured it would take me back to 2HD but I'm still at 3 even after the downgrade.  FYI, I've had the bandwidth that I have now for a couple of months... just the 1/3 is only change it seems.  

texasguy37 wrote:

robino2001 wrote:

1 SD/ 3 HD - 32.7M... something was downgraded on my profile today though because of some recent issues I've been having - so the downgrade is their troubleshooting attempt.  I assumed/figured it would take me back to 2HD but I'm still at 3 even after the downgrade.  FYI, I've had the bandwidth that I have now for a couple of months... just the 1/3 is only change it seems.  

25 of 46 (270 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 20, 2010 8:18:59 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

robino2001 wrote:

Thanks for the info.  You should be able to record 3 HD channels at the same time.

robino2001 wrote:

Thanks for the info.  You should be able to record 3 HD channels at the same time.

26 of 46 (270 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 21, 2010 4:03:52 AM
(0)
Scholar

texasguy37 wrote:

already have done so... shame it had to happen at the end of the main tv season/towards end of nba/nhl playoffs - that's when we're always stressed for streams

texasguy37 wrote:

already have done so... shame it had to happen at the end of the main tv season/towards end of nba/nhl playoffs - that's when we're always stressed for streams

27 of 46 (270 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 21, 2010 6:34:59 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

robino2001 wrote:

Well, be happy.  Most of us are still waiting for the ability to record 3 HD channels at the same time.  :smileywink:

robino2001 wrote:

Well, be happy.  Most of us are still waiting for the ability to record 3 HD channels at the same time.  :smileywink:

28 of 46 (270 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 22, 2010 10:06:22 AM
(0)
Guru

Just noticed last night we're up to 3/1 here in Universal City.  Don't know when it happened -- glad to see it! :smileyhappy:

Just noticed last night we're up to 3/1 here in Universal City.  Don't know when it happened -- glad to see it! :smileyhappy:

29 of 46 (270 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 22, 2010 10:10:15 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Enjoy:smileyvery-happy:

Enjoy:smileyvery-happy:

30 of 46 (270 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments